ADVERTISEMENT

Class 4A - North Scott Softball/Clear Creek Amana

Apr 30, 2012
As a long time coach from the area if you are wondering who will dominate class 4A now and in the future it will be Clear Creek Amana and North Scott. Jim White and Denny Johnson are both experienced coaches with great programs. This change in classes is all North Scott needs to be a powerhouse once again.

As long as coach White is at CCA they'll be very competitive. All of last years starters are back with both pitchers plus two pitchers who would start for most teams in the state. A couple years from now coach will really earn his pay with alot of new players. With alot of girls specializing in other sports, softball may have trouble. Volleyball and basketball have really improved and alot of really good athletes are choosing them in the summer.

Originally posted by bigfridaynite:
Coach White will probably have a couple more ringers move in.

What? did I miss the notice that CCA converted to a Catholic school so they too can recruit?
wink.gif

I think you are all being too tough on Coach White. He has had some players move in but it is due to the success of his program. Coach White has worked hard to develop a program that is successful. I have worked with him directly on many occasions and he is a first rate coach who is willing to do what's right for the sport.

I would have to say CCA looks really good.

I'm not sure about North Scott from Quik Stats they look pretty good.

Who else will make a push here at the end of season?

Any team with a dominating pitcher will have a chance. DC-G with lowary and creston with frain come to mind. indianola will give creston all they want. N Scott and Washington will be a good game. Watched Xavier the other night, they're really young but are decent. CCA got shut out by the iowa recruit pitcher and an explosive offense in Ankeny at ft dodge but have been playing well lately.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT