ADVERTISEMENT

2A Substate

raptors#1

Freshman
Dec 25, 2004
Now that the first round is over, who do you think will eventually come out on top of these substates?

Substate 1
Spencer v. Storm Lake
SC Heelan v. Spirit Lake

Substate 2
Decorah v. Waverly
Hudson v. Denver

Substate 3
Dubuque Wahlert v. Western Dubuque
Central Clinton v. Anamosa

Substate 4
CR Xavier v. Clear Creek-Amana
Mount Vernon v. South Tama

Substate 5
Keokuk v. Fairfield
Fort Madison v. Mt. Pleasant

Substate 6
Knoxville v. Pella
Oskaloosa v. Grinnell

Substate 7
Norwalk v. Dallas Center-Grimes
Creston v. Webster City

Substate 8
ADM, Adel v. Denison-Schleswig
Harlan v. Glenwood

For Substate 3, thinking Dub. Wahlert still as some fire power to take Anamosa who has some decent foreign exchanges students playing for them.

For Substate 4, this is going to be a battle between Mt. Vernon and Xavier.

wth happened in that Norwalk game

I thought they were a lock, even though DCG apparently has a tough team.

Re: wth happened in that Norwalk game

Anyone have a shot count on the Norwalk/DC-G game? Surprising is all I can say. I heard it was the worst Norwalk has played in well over 5+ years.

That's the 2nd heartbreaking loss for a talented Norwalk squad in the last 2 years the hands of DC-G in substate. Norwalk girls basketball and now boys soccer.

Norwalks loss really sets the stage for a big match up between Hudson and decorah. The winner could arguably pass spencer and be ranked number one going into state.

it seems like anytime Norwalk loses it is because they played worse than they ever have in 5 years....quit making excuses give the other team some credit...maybe they didn't play well but DCG must have played better

i agree. i kno for a fact that dcg just out played them.
norwalk was talked up the whole year untill now.
its plain and simple that norwalk just wasnt the best this year.

Credit is given, they knocked off arguably the best team in 2A on a counter attack with 5 min left while only managing to shoot 6 times to the other team's 18 shots. Norwalk didn't get it done, simple as that. But to say that the Warriors are worse then DC-G is purely nonsense.

well all i am saying is that Norwalk just wasnt the best this year like in the past and you are right, DC-G is not better then them. Norwalk just didnt bring their game and DC-G did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT