ADVERTISEMENT

1A State Predictions

Very entertaining game between two great teams. Samake was the difference today. No answer for his length on defense and rebounding. North Linn was cold all night. Had some good looks but couldn't get them to fall.

Reactions: iowalongs230
Results like around half of every state tournament field is made up of private schools, which make up only 10% of Iowa schools. You mean those kind of results? I agree that the biggest advantage is the type of families that enroll in private schools. How can you argue the socioeconomic advantage in private schools? Look at their free and reduced lunch numbers compared to public schools if you want proof.
No...I’m talking results based on winning the championship. If private schools have this massive advantage they should dominate....especially class A. It just hasn’t happened. A few years ago there was only one private school in the entire field of 32. What happened that year? If you want to make things “ fair”. Let’s get government totally out of the education business totally. It has proven to be a failure. And on that note....I’m done with the annual private/public school bs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawk2015
As I said, most would be surprised with how many special needs kids are in each district. 13 percent in America, I don't know what the numbers are specifically in rural Iowa, but in my experience that's a pretty accurate number.

Can you give us some information on what 'my experience' means in this case? What type of expertise you have to determine this. Using your methodology I can extrapolate the diversity of iowa high schools, I am sure they are similar.
I didn't read the article (yes I did) can you tell me how many states have a multiplier? Clue, it's not 21 or even close. Keep spewing your rhetoric it is getting amusing.

Reactions: Saywhat2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT