Underwood
West Sioux
South Central Calhoun
Van Meter
Pella Christian
Sigourney-Keota
Beckman
Regina

Calling my upset with PC over DNH. I've seen them in person and watched a little tape from a few other games and really just not that impressed. Know nothing about PC but looks like they can score. Columbus QB is also pretty banged up, not sure how much he'll be able to throw. But they did get their stud Westhoff back a little bit against AP

Western Christian at Underwood
Ridge View and West Sioux
ACGC
at SCC
Woodward at Van Meter
Pella Christian at Dike
Waterloo Columbus
at Sigourney-Keota
West Branch at Dyersville Beckman
MFL at Regina

Underwood
West Sioux
SCC
Van Meter
Dike-New Hartford
Savage Cobras
West Branch
MFL-MarMac

West Sioux @ Underwood
SCC @ Van Meter
Savage Cobras @ Dike-New Hartford
MFL-MarMac @ West Branch

WB v VM
U v DNH

VM v DNH

Van Meter - champs

UWood
Sioux
SCC
Van Meter
Dike
SK
WB
Regina

***WB defeating Beckman would be a major upset. But why not? It's just a pick and I am not picking against the Bears unless they're playing Van Meter.

Thanks for all the bulletin board material guys. I showed this to my kid this am and it got him fied up. Beckman has felt disrespected all year and 50% picking against them will add more fuel to the fire. Home home dome dome

Thanks for all the bulletin board material guys. I showed this to my kid this am and it got him fied up. Beckman has felt disrespected all year and 50% picking against them will add more fuel to the fire. Home home dome dome
Your boy has had a nice year, as well as the whole squad. A lot of WB supporters on this board though, what do you expect?

Ridge View at West Sioux
ACGC at SCC
Woodward at Van Meter
Pella Christian at Dike
Waterloo Columbus
at Sigourney-Keota
MFL at Regina

ACGC
at SCC
Woodward at Van Meter
Pella Christian at Dike
Waterloo Columbus
at Sigourney-Keota
MFL at Regina

These teams played a year ago, what’s the difference between the beckman team of last year vs this year? Curious WB fan..
85% starters back. Enough depth to limit 2way players. Mean attitude and kid who broke both bones in leg in that game back

ACGC
at SCC
Woodward at Van Meter
Pella Christian at Dike
Waterloo Columbus
at Sigourney-Keota
MFL at Regina

Underwood
West Sioux
ACGC
Van Meter
Dike-New Hartford
Sigourney-Keota
Dyersville Beckman
IC Regina

I look at these and see that almost any one of them could be upsets (except Van Meter)

Good Luck to all the teams this week

14 picks in so far

Underwood, West Sioux and Van Meter are the only unanimous picks

WCU'wood
14​
Ridge ViewWest Sioux
14​
ACGC
9​
SCC
5​
WoodwardVan Meter
14​
PC
2​
DNH
12​
W'loo Col
7​
SK
7​
WB
6​
Beckman
8​
WFL
1​
Regina
13​

Reactions: NWIowaSioux
It will be interesting to see how the coaches seed the final 8 teams We know #1 and #2. But if PC and ACGC make it to the final 8, will they be seeded ahead of a team that is 10-0 even though they each have 1 loss?

Underwood
West Sioux
South Central Calhoun
Van Meter
Pella Christian
Sigourney-Keota
Beckman
Regina

Calling my upset with PC over DNH. I've seen them in person and watched a little tape from a few other games and really just not that impressed. Know nothing about PC but looks like they can score. Columbus QB is also pretty banged up, not sure how much he'll be able to throw. But they did get their stud Westhoff back a little bit against AP
I have watched some of Dike on tape too and they can get beat vertically the way it looks. Their defense is a little questionable other than their down linemen. If Clear Lake's QB would have been better they could have made3 a game of it. Looking at PC's receiving corp, it looks like their top 4 receivers go 6'8, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2. Dike will have a problem defending that. PC's running stats are not that impressive though.
I talked to someone that used to live around Parkersburg and they said Dike is not usually that good, teams just have a defeated attitude before the game starts.

• Haha
Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
I have watched some of Dike on tape too and they can get beat vertically the way it looks. Their defense is a little questionable other than their down linemen. If Clear Lake's QB would have been better they could have made3 a game of it. Looking at PC's receiving corp, it looks like their top 4 receivers go 6'8, 6'5, 6'3, 6'2. Dike will have a problem defending that. PC's running stats are not that impressive though.
I talked to someone that used to live around Parkersburg and they said Dike is not usually that good, teams just have a defeated attitude before the game starts.
U asked a former Parkersburg person about Dike lololol. Could you of asked a worst person, come on smh 🤦‍♂️

I could be completely wrong about this, but I about picked MFL over Regina, they are the type of team that in the past has given Regina teams trouble, I think back to a few years ago when South Winn almost beat Regina in the first round, same type of style, and Northeast Iowa football is always solid, especially in comparison to Southeast Iowa. But, I also think Regina's district was stronger this year then the districts they have played, in previous years.

Reactions: IGo42 and Huehney
It will be interesting to see how the coaches seed the final 8 teams We know #1 and #2. But if PC and ACGC make it to the final 8, will they be seeded ahead of a team that is 10-0 even though they each have 1 loss?
I thought teams were already in 4 team pods... so, my only question was who get's the home field with two district champs with equal records?

I could be completely wrong about this, but I about picked MFL over Regina, they are the type of team that in the past has given Regina teams trouble, I think back to a few years ago when South Winn almost beat Regina in the first round, same type of style, and Northeast Iowa football is always solid, especially in comparison to Southeast Iowa. But, I also think Regina's district was stronger this year then the districts they have played, in previous years.
I haven't seen them play, but the stats say they're a very run heavy team, with two almost equal backs. Regals have stopped/slowed several strong running teams, so that seems possible. Looks like they'll bring it and keep bringing it. If Regina forces them to go to the air it could get ugly. MFL averages .5 INT per game and just under 4 catches per game. Seems like MFL has a defense that can bring some heat, 6 tackles for loss per game.

There should be no easy games at this point.

For whatever reason 1A seems both rich with talent and deep with good teams. Should be a fun Friday to watch (unless you're a Woodward Granger fan - BC Moore calls that a 100% win prob for VM and projecting a 55.4 point margin. Interesting also that he pegs Underwood as a 99% win prob and a 32 point margin. Those are the two most lopsided matchups left)

It goes by alphabet, I believe that it is A-Z this year
So, you understand the teams to be in pods already too, not re-seeded for quarterfinals (2A on down).

So, if Beckman and Regina both win, Beckman will get the home field....

I believe so, but I also know that quarterfinal coaches will have a conference call to seed the remaining teams, but I think that is just for the semis.

Personally I wish the state would have went with a 32 team bracket and not the system where they had first round pairings then pods, then re-seed for the semis. For class A I made a bracket (after week 7) that combined both quality of team and geography, and I am sure that the state could easily do this as well. To me it punishes teams that upset a higher seed with making pods after the first round.

I recently watched the MFL vs. Denver game. Seems like MFL runs a similar style as Sigourney Keota. I would think Regina could prepare for that fairly well, but MFL can break big plays. If they have to pass, I think they are in trouble, their passing game looked pretty bad. They also appear to have no kicking game which could be a factor.
Regina is more versatile, with the ability to run or throw based on what is working. MFL seemed vulnerable through the air. They gave up 237 yards passing to Beckman, 144 to Cascade.
Should be a good, tough game.

Reactions: rc1963
I believe so, but I also know that quarterfinal coaches will have a conference call to seed the remaining teams, but I think that is just for the semis.

Personally I wish the state would have went with a 32 team bracket and not the system where they had first round pairings then pods, then re-seed for the semis. For class A I made a bracket (after week 7) that combined both quality of team and geography, and I am sure that the state could easily do this as well. To me it punishes teams that upset a higher seed with making pods after the first round.
OK, re-seeding for semis makes sense - semis are always re-seeded.

I'm not sure if the tradition is real or just perception. It seems like, traditionally, semis have been the two East vs each other and the two west against each other, guaranteeing a West v East final. The problem is if the two best teams happen to be in the same side of the state, one gets knocked out and you don't get a matchup of the two best teams in the final. So, seeding, regardless of geography for the semis, makes sense. BUT does it really? The big problem is there isn't a lot of common opponent information to leverage to make seeding decisions. So, probably just as good as any audience to have coaches seed. Can't think of a better way. Especially if they can use any information at their disposal (i.e. take rankings into consideration - or disregard them as they see fit.)

OK, re-seeding for semis makes sense - semis are always re-seeded.

I'm not sure if the tradition is real or just perception. It seems like, traditionally, semis have been the two East vs each other and the two west against each other, guaranteeing a West v East final. The problem is if the two best teams happen to be in the same side of the state, one gets knocked out and you don't get a matchup of the two best teams in the final. So, seeding, regardless of geography for the semis, makes sense. BUT does it really? The big problem is there isn't a lot of common opponent information to leverage to make seeding decisions. So, probably just as good as any audience to have coaches seed. Can't think of a better way. Especially if they can use any information at their disposal (i.e. take rankings into consideration - or disregard them as they see fit.)
The seeding takes place before the quarters and that is it. The semis will be determined from the 4 teams that made it. So they will just use the list of the teams that made it.

The seeding takes place before the quarters and that is it. The semis will be determined from the 4 teams that made it. So they will just use the list of the teams that made it.
Interesting, so the final 8 get seeded, and if 1, 3, 6 and 7 win, it's a bracket of 1 vs 7 and 3 vs 6

Reactions: IGo42
Is there a team in the group of 16 that hasn’t been talked about as much that can make a run at the dome and possibly make the championship game? Someone that could be a huge surprise?

Is there a team in the group of 16 that hasn’t been talked about as much that can make a run at the dome and possibly make the championship game? Someone that could be a huge surprise?
Columbus. Their best player is back and they are real physical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT