ADVERTISEMENT

1137 - thoughts on this bill?

billywayneluck

All District
Dec 28, 2009

I had a good friend give me some great advice a couple years ago. He said every time you are in WalMart, swing by sporting goods and just pick up a box of ammo. Just pick up a box of whatever caliber just like you are getting a tube of toothpaste.... won't hurt the wallet to just get a little at a time. I'm ready for the zombies.

I had a good friend give me some great advice a couple years ago. He said every time you are in WalMart, swing by sporting goods and just pick up a box of ammo. Just pick up a box of whatever caliber just like you are getting a tube of toothpaste.... won't hurt the wallet to just get a little at a time. I'm ready for the zombies.
I was doing that for a while. Should have done it longer and more often.

Reactions: Sanctions Stand
Hell I have a lot of ammo that I don't even have a gun for... the ammo is probably worth more than the gun. Democrats are the best gun salesmen in the world.
Ive tried to consolidate on common calibers but also have multiple caliber options for each platform. Semi auto pistol (mostly glock) is obviously 9,40,45, revolver (S&W) is 357 which can also use 38 special. Rifles are mainly 5.56 and 7.62, with some random milsurp calibers (russian 7.62 and 30-06) because those rifles are cool but I won't depend on those unless its all I have left.

Sadly the cheap spam cans of Mosin ammo are all gone, they used to be cheap as hell and the rifles less than $99 - just clean off the cosmoline, lubricate and you were ready to roll.

Basically I just have to hunt for what I can get of a handful of calibers to increase my supply. Right now not buying anything since even 9mm is $1 shot - holy shitballs.

I have tons of cases of shotshells in all gauges. Hunting was slow this year so didn't use much. I have a lot of .44, .40, .357, .38, tons on .22 rounds. For rifles I have .30-06, .308, .270 5.56 and .223, .22

yep bullets aint cheap... might have to change poker night and ante up bullets
gambling-danger-stock-picture-2780039.jpg

Last edited:
I have tons of cases of shotshells in all gauges. Hunting was slow this year so didn't use much. I have a lot of .44, .40, .357, .38, tunes on .22 rounds. For rifles I have .30-06, .308, 5.56 and .223, .22
Ah, yes I have a large amount of 22 as well. Shotgun is primarily slugs and 00 buck.

44mag has some takedown. only one you are really missing is 10mm, which is Ted Nugent's fave.

Ah, yes I have a large amount of 22 as well. Shotgun is primarily slugs and 00 buck.

44mag has some takedown. only one you are really missing is 10mm, which is Ted Nugent's fave.

I am old school.. mostly old cals... I dont even own a 9mm and just bought my 1st AR before sleepy got in office.

I have mostly duck/goose loads for shotguns. 3" and 3.5" 2, 3, BB, BBB, T I do have some slugs and buck shot. I am telling you a 10ga with mag extension loaded to the brim with 3.5" buckshot is scarier than any AR.

I am old school.. mostly old cals... I dont even own a 9mm and just bought my 1st AR before sleepy got in office.

I have mostly duck/goose loads for shotguns. 3" and 3.5" 2, 3, BB, BBB, T I do have some slugs and buck shot. I am telling you a 10ga with mag extension loaded to the brim with 3.5" buckshot is scarier than any AR.
Nothing wrong with that.

9mm is nice because in normal times it is readily available and has a lower $/round. Some people like the bigger cals but I think 147gr hollow point with a +P load in 9 is going to get the job done. With 9 you can carry more rounds. 40 is nice too if you want more pop and usually only give up 2-3 rounds per mag over 9.

with revolver cals what’s not to love as long as you don’t need more than 6-8 rounds

45 is great but not as practical. Gotta love it just for historical and if that’s what you gotta shoot when shit hits the fan, it’s good to have.

Reactions: Sanctions Stand

It's a horrendous bill. First off, chokeholds are already "banned." And of course a chokehold was not used to kill Floyd. Like any type of deadly force, they can only be used in dire situations of life or death (like the officer using his gun for example).

Second, Qualified Immunity only helps a LEO if he is doing something under the color of law. In short it means that Officer X was doing ______, which is legal and within his departments regulations, and he was doing so under the authority of his badge as a police officer. That means if what you are doing is illegal or not within your regulations or if your act had nothing to do with the commission of your duties then Qualified Immunity would not apply.

So there's no reason to attack Qualified Immunity. That simply protects LEO'S who are doing their job lawfully. If Qualified Immunity is taken away, a LEO can be sued, personally, for legally doing his job.

BTW, judges and DA's have Unqualified Immunity. That means that they cannot be sued, period. Interesting that people would go after our Qualified Immunity but not a judges or DA's Unqualified Immunity. Hmmmm....

Nothing wrong with that.

9mm is nice because in normal times it is readily available and has a lower $/round. Some people like the bigger cals but I think 147gr hollow point with a +P load in 9 is going to get the job done. With 9 you can carry more rounds. 40 is nice too if you want more pop and usually only give up 2-3 rounds per mag over 9.

with revolver cals what’s not to love as long as you don’t need more than 6-8 rounds

45 is great but not as practical. Gotta love it just for historical and if that’s what you gotta shoot when shit hits the fan, it’s good to have.

I bought some .40 Glock police turn ins that looked brand new for a great deal. I guess the police just used them on the range and then I think they changed Cal and don't use the 40 anymore.

Reactions: billywayneluck
It's a horrendous bill. First off, chokeholds are already "banned." And of course a chokehold was not used to kill Floyd. Like any type of deadly force, they can only be used in dire situations of life or death (like the officer using his gun for example).

Second, Qualified Immunity only helps a LEO if he is doing something under the color of law. In short it means that Officer X was doing ______, which is legal and within his departments regulations, and he was doing so under the authority of his badge as a police officer. That means if what you are doing is illegal or not within your regulations or if your act had nothing to do with the commission of your duties then Qualified Immunity would not apply.

So there's no reason to attack Qualified Immunity. That simply protects LEO'S who are doing their job lawfully. If Qualified Immunity is taken away, a LEO can be sued, personally, for legally doing his job.

BTW, judges and DA's have Unqualified Immunity. That means that they cannot be sued, period. Interesting that people would go after our Qualified Immunity but not a judges or DA's Unqualified Immunity. Hmmmm....

One way to defund the police is to make the job less and less appealing for these reasons. The democratic way.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
One way to defund the police is to make the job less and less appealing for these reasons. The democratic way.

Done and done. To your point, making it suck more would help sew the seeds of chaos. And that's clearly the goal.

BTW, doing stuff like the above would simplify scare off the right types leaving more open spots for the wrong types.

Done and done. To your point, making it suck more would help sew the seeds of chaos. And that's clearly the goal.

BTW, doing stuff like the above would simplify scare off the right types leaving more open spots for the wrong types.
That’s the insight I was looking for from you, if this was a real threat to the quality of policing or just political bluster. My fears were justified.

At least we got some firearms talk in before that’s outlawed too.

I bought some .40 Glock police turn ins that looked brand new for a great deal. I guess the police just used them on the range and then I think they changed Cal and don't use the 40 anymore.

I carried a Glock 23 for a long time. Great gun.

Most departments are going to 9mm just for standardization purposes. There's some talk that .40's have a bit more over-pressure in the barrel which causes a slightly higher failure rate but that's garbage imho.

Buying 9mm ammo in bulk as a department is the greatest factor. Even we have had a hard time sourcing it over the last 9 months or so but we just got a few pallets of it the other day...thank God.

Most departments are going to 9mm just for standardization purposes. There's some talk that .40's have a bit more over-pressure in the barrel which causes a slightly higher failure rate but that's garbage imho.

Buying 9mm ammo in bulk as a department is the greatest factor. Even we have had a hard time sourcing it over the last 9 months or so but we just got a few pallets of it the other day...thank God.
Nah it’s the recoil control because 40 has a distinctive pop compared to 9 esp since they are generally built on the same frame. I’ve found if I haven’t been shooting for a while starting with a box of 40 helps me get my grip stable so shooting 9 is a breeze after locking in on 40. That plus ammo diversification in case of a crunch is why I have a 23 and a 27.

@BamaFan1137 this also LE related so I’ll drop it here. Wtf us up with this shit? Youthful offender when he was 18 at the time? Get the F out of here. This while there is a movement to give 16 year olds the right to vote. So you can vote but claim youthful offender when you kill a LE officer in cold blood.

what the actual fvck

@BamaFan1137 this also LE related so I’ll drop it here. Wtf us up with this shit? Youthful offender when he was 18 at the time? Get the F out of here. This while there is a movement to give 16 year olds the right to vote. So you can vote but claim youthful offender when you kill a LE officer in cold blood.

what the actual fvck

This "kid" is in my jail. There's zero chance that he gets YO.

Good. Fvck him.

It's not his age (typical YO is 23 and under) but rather the violence of action that will prevent him from getting the YO. The fact that he has little (or maybe none...juvenile so hard to say) criminal history works in his favor.

However, he shot a Sheriff, a black and beloved Sheriff, in the face. The Sheriff leaned in his truck and turned down his music after asking him to a few times. The kid said he never heard him...I'm guessing because of the music.

Reactions: billywayneluck
It's not his age (typical YO is 23 and under) but rather the violence of action that will prevent him from getting the YO. The fact that he has little (or maybe none...juvenile so hard to say) criminal history works in his favor.

However, he shot a Sheriff, a black and beloved Sheriff, in the face. The Sheriff leaned in his truck and turned down his music after asking him to a few times. The kid said he never heard him...I'm guessing because of the music.
Exactly.

Had I done that at 18 the courts would be irrelevant. My dad would have beat me to death - quite literally.

which of course is why I didn’t do stupid shit like that. Only innocently stupid shit.

Exactly.

Had I done that at 18 the courts would be irrelevant. My dad would have beat me to death - quite literally.

which of course is why I didn’t do stupid shit like that. Only innocently stupid shit.

His father is a Sheriff's Deputy in Montgomery County if you can believe it.

True. Making any job more difficult to do with less and less support from the gov will run off the good help and open the door for the not so good help. Democrats don't really care. Democrats love knee-jerk reactions and cannot look 10 minutes into the future. They will have another excuse and lousy 'fix' when the time comes.

Reactions: BamaFan1137

hell you would think LEOs would get ammo first just like older folks get the vaccine first but hell that is just common sense and there is not a lot of that to go around these days either

I remember this story now. Has the dad commented?

Not publicly to my knowledge.

He's being held in Elmore County Jail for his safety. Holding him in Lowndes County wouldn't look good if something happened to him. His court proceedings are still in Lowndes for now but I'm certain that a change of venue is in the works.

Duds.. did you know him? If so my condolences in any case. LEOs have a tough job. You never know when you pull a car over nowadays. Has to be anightmare.

I'd met him a few times. He was very friendly.

His son died in a car wreck almost a year to the day after his father was murdered. His son was a witness to the murder btw...as were MANY others.

hell you would think LEOs would get ammo first just like older folks get the vaccine first but hell that is just common sense and there is not a lot of that to go around these days either

Eventually we got priority. It was a shitshow.

223 and 556 is still a bitch to come by. Range days are more rare these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT