ADVERTISEMENT

My way too early rankings for next year

I think Solon plays Mt Vernon this weekend. Not 1A but could still be an interesting area rivalry game.
Yes agreed this should be an interesting game too. Rivalry games are always tough to predict. I actually thought MV would have the upper hand last year but Solon controlled them fairly easity.

I have not heard or said anything bad about anyone that has been brought up in these threads. My kids have competed against and interacted with many of the people involved and liked it.
As far as falling into your trap I guess you got me. Good to know that the WL family was living in WB in 2015 when the transfer occurred, that is what you are saying isn't it? Also good that nobody has lived on Orange St. and kept an owner occupied home in the city that was the original school. As far as the letter goes it may have been the year they chose to try that approach or maybe it was just because your son was All State. Public schools may not send letters but they have put up a billboard in a city out of their district to recruit students(not in this area). Regina is pretty open about recruiting as many students as possible, it is a necessity. If the kids are athletes great. The 20% of foreign students in this years senior class didn't contribute much athletically but were recruited as well. Regina recruits any and every way they can, they have to in order to survive.

Trying to respect Bluejays request to focus on the rankings but I was in a trap and I haven't heard a response from WB yet on this, he told us that the WL family moved to WB in 2015 and I was asking to see if that was accurate. The other family has multiple addresses and I know which address I would prefer. I am just checking before it gets lost in the game shuffle.

Trying to respect Bluejays request to focus on the rankings but I was in a trap and I haven't heard a response from WB yet on this, he told us that the WL family moved to WB in 2015 and I was asking to see if that was accurate. The other family has multiple addresses and I know which address I would prefer. I am just checking before it gets lost in the game shuffle.

Pretty sure EIHC already took care of it.

Here we go again. CID, I generally appreciate the mostly good natured banter on this board. Thank you for "attempting" to stay on topic. You, and others, continue to spew a lot of information. Not sure where everyone gets it from but I guess we all have our sources, some likely credible, some likely not. Unless you are the Johnson County, Cedar County, and Muscatine County assessor or on the Jill Armstrong Team, not sure where you are getting your information. This topic was old a long time ago. Thank God it's Friday and we have football tonight! Some really good games tonight around the state. Should have something worthwhile to talk about in about 13 hours.

Reactions: WBBearsFollower
Here we go again. CID, I generally appreciate the mostly good natured banter on this board. Thank you for "attempting" to stay on topic. You, and others, continue to spew a lot of information. Not sure where everyone gets it from but I guess we all have our sources, some likely credible, some likely not. Unless you are the Johnson County, Cedar County, and Muscatine County assessor or on the Jill Armstrong Team, not sure where you are getting your information. This topic was old a long time ago. Thank God it's Friday and we have football tonight! Some really good games tonight around the state. Should have something worthwhile to talk about in about 13 hours.

Can't wait for the games to start. I believe that the OP indicated that he was good friends with one of the families mentioned and he insisted that it was all legit at the time of the move, I am just asking the OP to confirm the dates because he even through out locations and after all he is 'good friends' and good friends usually have a pretty good idea. Just trying to get it cleared up so posters such as myself can quit bringing it up, the truth eliminates all shadows and if someone kept bringing up inaccurate facts I would probably want to end that charade. If however there was a hint of something I would want to 'stop beating the dead horse' 'get on to the games' 'stay on topic' etc. working in the school with the district sending you the information I would think you could stand up and state what the facts are. But so far that hasn't occurred. As far as sources go, the internet is a great thing, tons of public information out there.

I have not heard or said anything bad about anyone that has been brought up in these threads. My kids have competed against and interacted with many of the people involved and liked it.
As far as falling into your trap I guess you got me. Good to know that the WL family was living in WB in 2015 when the transfer occurred, that is what you are saying isn't it? Also good that nobody has lived on Orange St. and kept an owner occupied home in the city that was the original school. As far as the letter goes it may have been the year they chose to try that approach or maybe it was just because your son was All State. Public schools may not send letters but they have put up a billboard in a city out of their district to recruit students(not in this area). Regina is pretty open about recruiting as many students as possible, it is a necessity. If the kids are athletes great. The 20% of foreign students in this years senior class didn't contribute much athletically but were recruited as well. Regina recruits any and every way they can, they have to in order to survive.

Still waiting on that confirmation of 2015, EIHC.

The Koenigs are great friends of ours as we went to HS with the parents. I know full well they lived in the WB district legally. They bought a home there and are full time Bears. Mrs K indeed still teaches at WL and is a wonderful educator. Great kids. Not a single arrogant cell in them.

You are 100% wrong on assuming anything less than the up and up as it pertains to that family.
Pretty sure Giese's lived in a 3BR condo by the HS in WB. I could be wrong. If correct that means they were legally in the WB district.

@cidhawkeye

First time checking this forum since the end of last season - we're really still talking about transfers and whether they are living legally or not? Can we move on to something else?

First time checking this forum since the end of last season - we're really still talking about transfers and whether they are living legally or not? Can we move on to something else?

Someone made a statement, just trying to get confirmation. I can understand that they don't want to do it. Pretty easy to make it all go away. Feel free to ignore it, choose not to respond or heck start a thread that people choose to respond to. I have responded to other threads without bringing this up. A simple factual response and it all goes away, if it can.

You were given a factual response you've chosen not to believe it.
That's a you problem

Not true. I was given what someone said. Public records disagree with what the person said is true. If the records maintained by the counties involved are inaccurate then perhaps we should look into that as well. I can give you a similar statement 'I own a 3 bedroom house at 107 N. Downey St. West Branch' care to just take my word on my factual response? I wouldn't.

Just because somebody lived in the district doesn't mean they met the rules to not sit out 90 days. Even if one parent lived with them, unless the parents are separated/divorced.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Just because somebody lived in the district doesn't mean they met the rules to not sit out 90 days. Even if one parent lived with them, unless the parents are separated/divorced.

It's all legal, their supporters say so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT