ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Black

Originally posted by CousinChips8228:
LOL!!!!! just couldn't help myself you are all pathetic and so is she, pinned in the 1st period, she is horrible!!!
I mean we knew you were an obvious troll, but hell don't make it THAT obvious. Show some dignity in your trolling. That's just lazy.

Chippie:
She's on the podium, she's in the Grand March, and I'll bet you she'll get ovation, just like Clark and Meeks will get. And I'll bet you they'll help lead it.
Nighty-nite Chipster!

Chips is a R-A-Tard. He keeps posting because he loves the attention. The kids a tool and i also am betting he never made it to state and maybe that is his problem. Or.... Maybe he was the guy that got 3rd at her districts?.... Hmmmm... Might s well assume considering all he has told us in his posts is "I suck at everything and girls don't like me"

dumpbeforecoach she is not a real placewinner that goes to 1st thru 6th. nice try tho, this is so much fun, you people are too easy

Originally posted by dadthencoach:
Wait! A GIRL has medalled in the Iowa High School State wrestling tournament? That can't be! I still see a sliver of the sun setting in the sky, the earth is not shaking and all is calm. Although if some of you bigoted, sexist, stoneless wonders who seem seriously threatened by this were suddenly stuck dumb by lightning, that would be a plus!

Congratulations Megan from those of us who don't live in the Stone Age! You done good!

I agree this was a very well deserved accomplishment! She earned her place on the podium and that should be good enough for everyone.

should i explain to him that, when they award a medal, it's a placing that counts? oh, wait. he's too ignorant to understand that. he should take a look at the NCAA tournaments, all divisions. they medal to 8th place and 1st through 8th are all All-Americans. if they can go to 8th, Iowa can certainly do it at the state tournament. and it's funny, but he's not saying all the boys who finish in 7th or 8th aren't real place winners. just Megan Black. really sad.

By the way chip acts and talks, I don't believe that he ever wrestled in college. I don't believe he is out of high school because of the level of immaturity that should never come from an adult. Chip is probably a kid who got beat by Megan in sectionals or districts and needs to cry about it like a 12 year old girl.

I think its great what she accomplished this year. I watched her wrestle her match tonight and I was hoping she would win.

Those things being said, I do have one small problem with title IX. It says that there must be equal opportunity for women, but says nothing about equal opportunities for men. I believe girls should be able to wrestle because there is no sport equivalent to wrestling for females, but in the fall girls are allowed to choose football or volleyball, whereas boys can not participate in volleyball. Somebody stated earlier that volleyball and football were the equivalent of one another because they take place at the same time, but they aren't the same because females can do either one and males can only do football. That just doesn't seem quite fair to me. If it is supposed to be about equal rights, it should be completely, 100% equal going both ways.

Congratulations again to Megan, I'm glad to see that she will get to wrestle again tomorrow for a place match.

...and seriously chip, grow up and get over it. stop crying like a little girl and show some respect for what Megan accomplished.

I think by the way that Chipperoo has acted tonight, he is not only incapable of showing Megan respect, or anyone else for that matter. And if you can't show respect, you truly can't be a wrestler and you are undeserving of respect of any kind. Chipperino is a wannabee, neverwas, and neverwillbe, hiding behind some gross insecurity. I really think Chipdip needs to have his warm milk and Chocolate Chip cookies, put on his footy PJs, get his teddy bear and go nightnite, and not be scared of the scary, scary girl, who earned something he will never know: Honor and respect. Have a nice night, Cowchip.

dumpthencry it's clear you never wrestled or coached wrestling, nobody who is as big of a as you could have lasted that long. traditional state wrestling only placed 1st thru 6th so you all lose again. Iowa athletics is now called cirque de freak, welcome to the freak show where girls are allowed to compete against guys. they have girls wrestling clubs and basketball stick to that, this is not for you. I'm still laughing that she got pinned in the first, never cheered so loud in my life. it's funny when people cheer her when she gets a meaningless victory but when she gets pinned nobody does anything. it's a circus/freak show, and I'm glad this joke is over

roll.gif

So, Chip, just we're clear here; wins at State (ANY wins) are meaningless? That is what you just said. First round wins, consolation round wins, etc., are meaningless. It that really what you think? If so, OK, but you have 10s of the 1,000s of guys from the past 80-some years you have to answer to for that comment. Because if Megan's wins are meaningless, so are everyone else's.
And also, you seem really hung up on the idea that in Iowa competitors only medal to sixth-place. As is it they medal to eighth, and have been medaling for eighth for the better part of 10 years; I've had a couple of seventh-place finishers on the podium, myself. Which made me wonder. Then I noticed your signed up on "Aztec Sports Report." Are you even IN the state? Is your expertise and knowledge of Iowa wrestling as real as your career?
This post was edited on 2/18 8:29 AM by dadthencoach

Good Job Megan. This could be a step to start girls wrestling in Iowa. She has done a great job and there are a bunch of guys that would like to take her place.

dumpthencry it's clear you never wrestled or coached wrestling, nobody who is as big of a as you could have lasted that long. traditional state wrestling only placed 1st thru 6th so you all lose again. Iowa athletics is now called cirque de freak, welcome to the freak show where girls are allowed to compete against guys. they have girls wrestling clubs and basketball stick to that, this is not for you. I'm still laughing that she got pinned in the first, never cheered so loud in my life. it's funny when people cheer her when she gets a meaningless victory but when she gets pinned nobody does anything. it's a circus/freak show, and I'm glad this joke is over

While I was critical of dadthencoach for his forceful expression that we must all accept girls wrestling boys I would say it is statements like yours that fail terribly at addressing the issue. Regardless of the subject if it should happen Megan Black has clearly demonstrated she has developed the skills and has the ability to be a very good wrestler. I hope she continues in the sport and become a champion.

You have nothing to gain by insulting people and being rude, if you actually care about the issue then make an honest case and stop with the peeing contest.

Originally posted by dadthencoach:
I was right; AztecSportsReport.com is San Diego State's Rivals.com site. Chipo is a California lurker.
lurk.gif

you can't be that naive, then again you are in support of girls wrestling boys

Thought she qualified for Ottumwa last year. Why is she wrestling for Eddysville Blakesburg this year? Did her parents move?

Originally posted by rushtoexcellence:
Thought she qualified for Ottumwa last year. Why is she wrestling for Eddysville Blakesburg this year? Did her parents move?
She and her brother open-enrolled.

Looks like Eddyville-Blakesburg's Megan Black's season is over. Arm is in a sling and the word is she'll have to default her match.
Retweeted by Andy Hamilton

I bet Chip found her in the hall and hit her with a bat.
8th place finish.
Better then Chip ever did.
Congrats

CousinChips is a troll who made that stuff in his user name to help maintain his anonymity.

Looking at his post history, it is his sole purpose to make antagonistic posts and then insult people who disagree with his opinion.

My guess is this is not his first handle and has probably been blacklisted or banned before.

Nonetheless, it should be noted that I am a better wrestler than Chips and I was a basketball player in HS.
smokin.gif

I'm also willing to bet that more than half the posters in this thread are better wrestlers than Chips.

Insecurity is one thing a troll can't hide, especially when obvious troll is obvious. It makes it that much more identifiable because they focus so hard on covering it up.

Originally posted by TheShocker125:
Looks like Eddyville-Blakesburg's Megan Black's season is over. Arm is in a sling and the word is she'll have to default her match.
Retweeted by Andy Hamilton

I bet Chip found her in the hall and hit her with a bat.
8th place finish.
Better then Chip ever did.
Congrats

and a fitting ending to the freak show, trying to compete in a mans sport and she can't finish. just goes to show you girls have no business in wrestling. it's fun being right. LOL and some hack calling out my career.

Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:
CousinChips is a troll who made that stuff in his user name to help maintain his anonymity.

Looking at his post history, it is his sole purpose to make antagonistic posts and then insult people who disagree with his opinion.

My guess is this is not his first handle and has probably been blacklisted or banned before.

Nonetheless, it should be noted that I am a better wrestler than Chips and I was a basketball player in HS.
smokin.gif

I'm also willing to bet that more than half the posters in this thread are better wrestlers than Chips.

Insecurity is one thing a troll can't hide, especially when obvious troll is obvious. It makes it that much more identifiable because they focus so hard on covering it up.

you continue to post the gayest stuff I've ever read. the funny thing is you were prolly beat up daily in high school. here's the truth I wrestled for 10 years and would own you in basketball

Chips has watched wrestling for 10 years maybe and is likely a Base--Ket--Ball player(South Park Movie) Aka Baseketball.
I wonder does your mommy still read you bedtime stories? Or maybe your were dropped on your head to many times and just don't know right from wrong.
I had over 150 wins and know you cant top that. Had a slow start my Freshmen year... Then turned it on
This post was edited on 2/18 12:30 PM by TheShocker125

Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:

smokin.gif

you continue to post the gayest stuff I've ever read. the funny thing is you were prolly beat up daily in high school. here's the truth I wrestled for 10 years and would own you in basketball
And I remember you saying something about "last comment on this topic" and me telling you it wasn't.

I take some satisfaction in being right from time to time, and you just keep making sure I am with each and every post.

I wrestled in 3rd grade and still would've beat you. And you would beat me in basketball right now seeing as how I just had knee surgery.

P.S. You don't have any personal conflicts regarding feelings about homosexuality do you? nttawwt....
You just seem to turn to homophobic comments when pushed. Remember, trolls are insecure.

In my opinion, Gals competing in a boys sport is wrong, boys competing in a gals sport is wrong.
That being said, I spoke with Megan Black at the wrestling tourament, she was very pleasant, seemed very happy, and in my opinion, had nice skills.
That being said, the argument here should not be wether she was good enough to be there ( she was). The argument is, is it right? I think not. People a lot wiser than me IAHSAA think so.
That being the case, she did nothing wrong but take full advantage of the opportunity she was granted. You sure can not fault her for that.
Untell the IAHSAA fully seperates mens and womens sports, this is not even a argument.

I'm going to make one last post on this thread and let it go. It has become ridiculous.

First of all, I want to congratulate Megan Black on breaking the glass ceiling and reaching the podium. While I won't be in Des Moines tonight I will be joining in the ovation I'm sure the crowd will give her. Anyone who is willing to step into the circle deserves the same respect as anyone else, and those who reach to podium deserve our highest respect of all. I hope Megan's injury today is not too serious and she'll be ready to resume training soon. She has wrestled with honor this weekend and should be proud.

As for Chips, you know, I almost feel sorry for him. Whether it was a father, a brother, a friend, or a (I hope really hope this isn't case) coach, somewhere along the line, Chips was taught that to be a wrestler was to be a thug. A mindless, bigoted, thug. Hatred for women, gays, all things that were not "manly" and "macho." He wants his life to be defined by his career wins, and egotistically (and really, pathetically) waves his "10 years of wrestling" and "150 wins" at us as if he wants us to be impressed. I mean, it's nice and all, but if that's what your life is based on, that's really pretty sad.

Unlike most sports, wrestling is supposed to teach life lessons. It teaches confidence, self-reliance, courage, honor, and most of all, respect. Respect not only for self, but for family and coaches and teammates and opponents; for anyone who steps into that circle. But this week, through his comments, Chips has shown has learned nothing from wrestling. His career in the sport has been a waste.

Without learning these lessons, Chips, literally, has nothing. Oh, he might have trophies and medals and wall charts. And he has his 150 wins. Frankly I know a lot of guys just like him. They spent all this time in the sport, and never got it. They are the hangers-on, the ones trying to relive yesterday, the ones who are trying to still be relevant for what they were in a world that no longer cares. And all of the wins in the world can't change that.

Chips is without confidence, self-reliance, courage, honor and respect. He doesn't respect the sport, he doesn't respect the people in it and I doubt he respects himself. He might think he has these things, but he doesn't. He has 150 wins, and that's all he has.

In all honesty, his comments were inflammatory, cartoonish, and almost a lampoonish example of sexist and bigoted behavior. But today he crossed the line. When he took delight in Megan Black's injury in her seventh place match -- when he took delight in the injury of a fellow wrestler -- he showed he had no honor and no respect. And he did so, mainly, because he obviously hates women. He may have wrestled, but he is not a wrestler. He is an embarrassment, to his family, his coaches, to anyone who knows him and to the sport of wrestling.

I'm sure Chips will be back soon to bash me with a homophobic slur of some kind or another. Whatever. It is of no concern to me. He wrestled, but he was not a wrestler.

Good-bye, Mr. Chips.

wow dumpbeforecupmypartnersballs, what a waste of time couldn't read that whole thing. you continue to take shots at me but not my opinions. you are truly a loser. I've said all along that she doesn't belong and it has been proven once again. you and the rest can continue to support the freak show while making us look weak to the rest of the country. it's not right for her to compete or any other girl. I was proven right again, so it's hard to agree with anything you've said. enjoy being wrong, and your personal attacks mean nothing because I've accomplished more in my short life than you ever will. parting shot

wow dumpbeforecupmypartnersballs, what a waste of time couldn't read that whole thing. you continue to take shots at me but not my opinions. you are truly a loser. I've said all along that she doesn't belong and it has been proven once again. you and the rest can continue to support the freak show while making us look weak to the rest of the country. it's not right for her to compete or any other girl. I was proven right again, so it's hard to agree with anything you've said. enjoy being wrong, and your personal attacks mean nothing because I've accomplished more in my short life than you ever will. parting shot
1 more win for me too. Just can't stop, can ya?

It's okay, I know how trolls operate. Hell I'd wager you'll respond to this post too with some weak troll attempt, but since I'm not making any money off of it, I'll leave it to you.

Don't disappoint, cuz.

Nothing but reading here, but winning 150 matches in high school means that, 150 wins. What IS not said is that you could easily win 50-75 matches in high school without even wrestling 1 person. Now, did chips fall under this category or not, that is irrelevant. He has a lot of growing up to do!

Congrats to the girl for making history.

Oh, I take him at his word that he won that many matches. The sad part is that he thinks that is actually important in the grown-up world. It's not. Other things are.

CousinChips8228 said:

"I've said all along that she doesn't belong and it has been proven once again."

Where was this proven even once? I'm sooooo confused at your points right now. Justin Swafford from Mediapolis was a multiple state finalist and placed 7th his Senior year. So he was a shit wreslter? She placed EIGHTH in the state of IOWA. Which means there were EIGHT other kids at her weight who qualified who DID NOT MAKE THE STAND, and countless others who didn't even make the state tournament. So again, I ask, where did you prove anything?

cousin posted:
and a fitting ending to the freak show, trying to compete in a mans sport and she can't finish. just goes to show you girls have no business in wrestling. it's fun being right. LOL and some hack calling out my career.

So what about some of the other MALE wrestlers who were injured and had to forfeit?

I ve stayed out of this silly argument cause the girl earned it. She beat other wrestlers to get there.

I admire every kid that has the gonads to step out there on the mat. The fact that they put themselves in the lime light and ther aint no place to hide on that mat makes it the best sport. One kid I know won just a few matches in JV competition the year before. He made varsity mostly cause no one else was at his weight. He was facing a returning place winner and eventual state champ in his 3d match of the season. He didnt win the 1st 2. He gets pinned at the end of the 1st period, came off the match and told his coach, "I'll get him next time coach". Thats what wrestlings about.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT