ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with Aplington-Parkersburg offensive center Carson Troyna
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I thought the season went really well. As a team we improved dramatically. I feel like we can take the next step.

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I am currently wrestling and I will do track in the spring. I have been focusing on weightlifting and getting stronger. I have also been focusing on losing weight.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We have our eyes set to the top for next season. As long as we work hard and do the right things we have no reason not to be where we want to be.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I believe Dike-New Hartford will be our toughest competition next season. They are coached very well and always reload.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Dike and Denver have running backs that are tough to bring down, so I think those matchups will be great to see play out.”

Q&A with Pleasant Valley running back Tyge Lyon
“This season went very well. We had a rough start, but came back with a winning streak and made it to the quarterfinals.”

“My plans for the off-season are a lot of lifting and baseball work to prepare for the baseball season. Track may be in my future as well.”

“I think our team will do great next year. We have some big man spots to fill but most of our skill guys will be coming back.”

“Linn-Mar and Prairie should be a fun challenge.”

“We faced a lot of good competition. Ben Kueter stands out.”

Q&A with Nevada running back Cason Stevenson
“This past season went pretty well for the team and me. I grew a lot throughout the season. The first game for me wasn’t my best, being my first ever varsity game and first ever varsity start. With that, I was very disappointed in myself from the performance. Going into week 2 I had a talk with my strength coach about my capabilities and how to better my performance. After that, I continued to work and the stats showed it, ending the year with 1,138 yards, 14 TDs with only 117 carries. But I couldn’t have done that without my teammates who helped me as well as the O-Line. Before the season, we all had the goal of making it to the dome. Unfortunately, we did not make it, but we were overall very proud of ending it 10-2, one of the best records in school history. This season with this team was one to remember.”

“Now it's the offseason for me and it's time to get bigger and better. I don’t plan on doing any other sports this year, but others have had conversations with me about track. During the season I weighed around 170 lbs, I’m currently at 185 lbs and the goal is for me to get to 205 lbs. Weights are going well for me, my maxes are 425 squat, 275 power clean, 280 bench, 445 deadlift, 40 [yard dash] time is 4.7 seconds and vertical is 36”. I would like to see those numbers improve.”

“I have confidence we will for sure have a winning season next year. We are losing a lot of good seniors but also bringing up some young talent and players that can fill some roles. With a young team, it may take some getting used to, but I am looking forward to next season and excited for a new roster.”

“N/A, our schedule is not out yet.”

“N/A, our schedule is not out yet.”

Q&A with Tripoli athlete Bryce Schroeder
“I think we had a fairly successful season, we didn’t go as far in the playoffs as I thought we could go, but we gained a lot of experience as a team.”

“Right now I’m doing basketball, I am also trying to attend the weight room 4-5 times a week.”

“I think we will have a better season next year than we did this year. Basically our entire team is returning. We do have holes to fill offensively and defensively, but I think we’re capable of filling those holes.”

“I would say our hardest opponent next year would be Turkey Valley, they were a great team last year and they still will be a great team, but I do think we can beat them and win our district.”

“I would say the hardest individual opponent we are going to face as a team is going to be Keegan Eastman, he has potential to be a great QB and it will be fun to play against him next season.”

Q&A with North Fayette Valley running back Kaleb White
“I thought the season went really well. We were 2-7 last year and turned it around with only two returning starters.”

“I am a four-sport athlete so I will be doing basketball, soccer, and baseball until football next season. As far as workouts I will be hitting the weight room harder during football offseason and doing agility workouts to improve speed and balance.”

“I think next year we will be even better. A majority of our team this year, we’re juniors, and I think we are very solid. Hoping to make a dome appearance next year.”

“Next year I think Waukon will still be our toughest competition. They are always a solid squad and never seem to have a down year.”

“As far as toughest individuals, I think Ryan Brosius of Wahlert Catholic will be the toughest.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News