ADVERTISEMENT

Megan Black

Internet tough guy? she is wrestling at 106 in 1A competition is weak. I wrestled in college, I would not lose to a girl

Originally posted by CousinChips8228:
Internet tough guy? she is wrestling at 106 in 1A competition is weak. I wrestled in college, I would not lose to a girl
Of course you wouldn't, Mr. college wrestler. Of course you wouldn't.

And this gives you the right to belittle this girl's accomplishments?......

Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:

I can tell your either a feminist or gay. she could win state, but the fact remains girls have no business in boys wrestling, this event has turned into a circus/freak show, not what wrestling is about. on top of that this men vs women stuff is tired

When arguing with Darkthunder and Soyo, it's next to impossible to be a bigger douche then they are. Congrats to Cousinchips! You did it! King of the D-Bags!

Sweet post dasdardlydan, post 117, can already tell you are off to a great start. It must suck to get beat up at school all of the time

Yes, you are obviously very manly as exhibited by your 1500+ posts. Very impressive. Other signs of your awesomeness are your poor grammar and punctuation skills, as well as your urgent need to undermine a female's accomplishments. Trust me, many of us are quite impressed with you.

I'll wait a few minutes while you look up the words "exhibited, impressive, punctuation, and undermine." dictionary.com is a good site if you don't have a paper copy handy.

the grammar police on a message board, so you are one of those losers"

either way my point was made, but go ahead and enjoy meaningless accomplishments or not

Originally posted by IA4568:
People have their own views on girls wrestling. Read today's Des Moines Register. It will discuss Title IX and why it is ok for her to wrestle on the guys team. I understand the argument with boys and volleyball. The softball one doesn't make sense though. Boys have baseball.

Personally not a big fan of women wrestling guys and it has nothing to do with womens' rights or respect there of. Having said that, I really don't care. But when it comes right down to it if she wants to wrestle in a male division, she wrestles by the same rules as everyone else, and her dad stated that in so many words to the press.

But - do not try to justify ANYTHING with the political correctness of title IV. Because shes a girl does not "entitle" her to success anymore than being a guy entitles him to wrestling or any other type of success.

Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:

I can tell your either a feminist or gay. she could win state, but the fact remains girls have no business in boys wrestling, this event has turned into a circus/freak show, not what wrestling is about. on top of that this men vs women stuff is tired
I can tell I'm getting to you when the personal insults start flying. Now we really get to find out what kind of person you are behind that screen name.

You sound like the 6 year old who's parent won't buy him the candy bar at the check-out isle and now he's throwing a temper-tantrum.

You should know that it's a universal truth that just because you have an opinion, that doesn't make it right.
And trust me there is no fact that girls have no business in boys wrestling. That's made up in your head and the heads of like-minded individuals.

But good luck trying to end this. If you're tired of it, I suggest you admit the error of your ways, and simply wish this high school girl good luck competing in this high school athletic event.

But a part of me wishes you'd continue, because that would be more fun.

Originally posted by Dastardlydan:
When arguing with Darkthunder and Soyo, it's next to impossible to be a bigger douche then they are. Congrats to Cousinchips! You did it! King of the D-Bags!
Come on Dastardly, when have I ever said anything to you that'd be considered douche-worthy?
tongue.gif

Besides, I can't keep constantly correcting people on the manner in which I post because it gives my style away. Antagonistic, trolling, being an a-hole whatever, if that's your loose definition of a douche then standards for such behavior have certainly been lowered through the years. Not to mention people are too quick to resort to that word as a means to end an argument or conversation, when more often than not, it doesn't end it.

They should put a Auto spam filter for All You DUMB*** SPAM talk. I hope she runs through everyone in her bracket. Why not.... Wahhh, my kid got beat by a girl, wahhhh a girl wrestling is dumb, wahhh. Grow up. You wrestle the person who stands in front of you at all cost. I wrestled a girl and beat her on 2003. Nervous? Yeah i was scared as Crap... But i went out, like any other match and got the job done. 95% of you have never been in the position to wrestle or compete against a girl. You just sit on you computers and cry... Ha its kinda funny.
We do the toughest sport because of how tough it is. The Blood, Sweat and Tears. They sound of victory.. Oh so sweet. All i hear on here is possible X-Curling players crying about a girl wrestling.
You want to cry.. Go cry about the NJ Governor flying the American Flag half staff for Whitney Houston.

Black lost 6-3 to Curtis.

Wrestles Brad Kerkhoff (39-10) of Audubon in the 2nd rd consolations. Winner will medal.

sorry to take this a tad off topic, but did the Northrup kid who defaulted to herkelman last year qualify this year? I only follow the sport in passing and i was curious if he made it back

Joel Northrup moved up to 132 lbs this year. He's 43-6 on the year.

Lost 4-2 in OT in the semifinals, so he'll wrestle in the consolation semifinals for either the 3rd or 5th place match in the medal round.

Wait! A GIRL has medalled in the Iowa High School State wrestling tournament? That can't be! I still see a sliver of the sun setting in the sky, the earth is not shaking and all is calm. Although if some of you bigoted, sexist, stoneless wonders who seem seriously threatened by this were suddenly stuck dumb by lightning, that would be a plus!

Congratulations Megan from those of us who don't live in the Stone Age! You done good!

Black (11-3) will now wrestle Gable Verschoor (42-3) of Woodbury Central, Moville in the Consolation 3rd round. The winner advances to the consolation semifinals. The loser wrestles for 7th.

Originally posted by dadthencoach:
Wait! A GIRL has medalled in the Iowa High School State wrestling tournament? That can't be! I still see a sliver of the sun setting in the sky, the earth is not shaking and all is calm. Although if some of you bigoted, sexist, stoneless wonders who seem seriously threatened by this were suddenly stuck dumb by lightning, that would be a plus!

Congratulations Megan from those of us who don't live in the Stone Age! You done good!

ur pathetic and the Iowa high school is now the laughing stock. this equal rights, fair treatment stuff is garbage, America is a country full of pussies because of people like you

ur pathetic and the Iowa high school is now the laughing stock. this equal rights, fair treatment stuff is garbage, America is a country full of pussies because of people like you
^^^

dawson_crying_gif.gif

Here is the world's smallest violin playing the saddest song for you. Times change and the girl worked her @$$ off. Get over it. She deserves it. I hope she finds her way into third. She wants to compete, so let her compete.

So Chips, tell us, is it because:
1 - Too many 'roids in your stellar college career?
2 - You couldn't get a prom date?
3 - Some cute manager once laughed and pointed while you were wearing a white singlet?
What is the real reason, oh greatest of men?

So Chips, tell us, is it because:
1 - Too many 'roids in your stellar college career?
2 - You couldn't get a prom date?
3 - Some cute manager once laughed and pointed while you were wearing a white singlet?
What is the real reason, oh greatest of men?

oh dadthencoach congrats on the gayest handle ever. Iowa high school wrestling is a joke and you only contribute to that. the problem is the state and tournament are made into a circus because of the unwarranted attention given to her. yeah she won big deal, means nothing, just takes away from the other wrestlers. like I said its a joke and girls have no business wrestling against boys. don't care if some disagree, your opinions mean little if you've never wrestled

Chips is a very obvious sexist, uneducated and conceded person. He wrestled, maybe some in college and obviously hasn't and never will amount to much. I continue my college days for the next couple years and know how hard she worked to get where she is. Congratulate her and man up.
I for one would love to embarrass chips on the mat infront of everyone. But we all know he is embarrassing himself everytime he posts.
Reason why he hides behind a screen name and degrades high schoolers.

Personally, I think he's hilarious. I wrestled for 10 years and coached for 30 and I think Megan Black is one of the best things to happen to high school wrestling in decades. Wrestling has always been the equal-opportunity sport: You can't be too big, too small, too tall or too short. And apparently, you don't even have to be male.
Congratulations Megan. Just keep going from here!

Originally posted by TheShocker125:
Chips is a very obvious sexist, uneducated and conceded person. He wrestled, maybe some in college and obviously hasn't and never will amount to much. I continue my college days for the next couple years and know how hard she worked to get where she is. Congratulate her and man up.
I for one would love to embarrass chips on the mat infront of everyone. But we all know he is embarrassing himself everytime he posts.

Internet tough guy, very easy to claim you wrestled or coached wrestling from behind your handle. just know youre still a loser. last post regarding this topic, she gets no respect and the state of Iowa loses some. no more unwarranted attention to the undeserving, keep fighting the good fight guys/gals this country is surely headed in the right direction LOL!!!

Originally posted by TheShocker125:

Internet tough guy, very easy to claim you wrestled or coached wrestling from behind your handle. just know youre still a loser. last post regarding this topic, she gets no respect and the state of Iowa loses some. no more unwarranted attention to the undeserving, keep fighting the good fight guys/gals this country is surely headed in the right direction LOL!!!
says the actual internet tough guy in this thread.

And somehow I doubt that was your last comment regarding this topic. You seem too worked up to let this go.

have to say, having wrestled from the time i was 5 until i messed up my ankle in college, i am not the least bit bothered by seeing a girl compete at the Iowa high school state me, let alone earn a medal. and i do mean EARN a medal. and btw, cousinchips, read my name and realize i'm hiding nothing. not too hard to find out what Miille family member graduated in 1983, from Sioux City East High School. so, i can back up my claims of having wrestled. i can also back up my assessment of how difficult it is to qualify for state, let alone medal. take your neanderthal attitudes with you when you leave the country, since you have such a problem with the way things are here, today.

as i stated before, the only thing i would like to see done differently is perhaps Iowa could become a leader in adding a girls wrestling program for any school that wishes to field a team. encourage more girls to wrestle. the character real wrestlers develop on the mat and the life lessons they learn in wrestling are invaluable and i'm happy my sons want to learn them, too. there are girls who wrestle in the wrestling club my kids are a part of and i'm quite happy when they are working with those girls, as those girls are paying more attention to what they are supposed to be doing, learning the moves at least as well as the boys and don't cut my boys any slack when they aren't working hard. if that's a bad thing, then apparently, i, and the vast majority of real wrestlers, don't understand what kids are supposed to be learning from wrestling.

congrats to Megan and any other girls wrestling in Iowa, on their seasons and keep up the hard work.

CHIPS// you really are not welcome here your comments as well as you should be banned, this young lady has been around awhile in this sport and she has grown up to be an athlete that we can be proud of because she has worked hard and now she is reaping the benifits of her labor.

i sat around males and females today that were bashing her during her match saying that she was cocky and needed to get beat and that the boys should put her in her place and make her quit. what a shabby group of people.

i say if she is bad for the sport then (boys) beat her in her matches then she would get shut down (BUT WAIT) she just won her conselations match so she MEDALS) AND SHE DESERVES TO

You just couldn't resist. You love being the "Hitler" don't you. You're a Bigot, and a moron. I bet you never even qualified for state. Is that what has your betty boop panties in a bunch?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT