ADVERTISEMENT

Bettendorf vs Dowling

Just look out on Twitter for all the of the fumble and the TD at the end of 4th overtime pictures and Matt Randazzo has the video link of the dropped pass. Or just watch the game replay. Even the announcers of the game say it plain as day. So obvious and Absolute joke!

For someone who is so bent on getting this out there I would think you could link it for us IT challenged folks.

Love the tough guy mentality from a guy who probably watched the games from outside the lines. Not one person has stated that the CF players didn't ultimately lose that game. Never saw that out there. Peace out... enjoy the moment.

"Watched the game from outside the lines"....I'm pretty sure everyone commenting on this thread did....

Also....who made Bettendorf's QB throw off his back foot in bracket coverage one step outside his end zone??? Your team lost. My team lost. It's alright guy.....move on.

Grow up, Peter Pan.

Where is the link or post of these? I haven't seen them.

1) "The Fumble"
44132776980_9246668e7e_n.jpg

2) "The Catch...NOT"
45037038875_7224195660_n.jpg

3) "The TD...oops"
45037038835_e2bc898800_n.jpg

44132776760_2c9d8659fd.jpg

And yes, all concede Dowling is the champs...congratulations.

Last edited:
1) "The Fumble"
44132776980_9246668e7e_n.jpg

2) "The Catch...NOT"
45037038875_7224195660_n.jpg

3) "The TD...oops"
45037038835_e2bc898800_n.jpg

44132776760_2c9d8659fd.jpg

And yes, all concede Dowling is the champs...congratulations.

The catch, no catch I seen for myself. Cant Blame Dowling for the Ref calling it a TD. It shouldnt have happened, but unless they are able to look at a replay at the playoff level.

All we can do is talk about the one play, that may have had an impact on the outcome of the game.

It is mostly agreed Bettendorf and Cedar Falls were not able to put Dowling away when they needed to

The only solace is that "multiple" guys on the Bettendorf team will be playing on Saturdays and all you guys can watch and follow them on TV as they do well at the collegiate level. Can't say the same for the other team.
Congrats to them. May they have more success on Saturdays than they did last Friday.

Even after all this is said and done....we can still play the what if game...

1). The "fumble" - No one knows if Bettendorf would have fallen on the ball and even if they did they could have fumbled it the next play.

2). The "No Catch" - No one knows if Dowling would have scored on the next play or in two plays or forced to kick a FG.

3). The "TD" - Remember that was to tie the game. No one ultimately knows what would have happened in the subsequent OT's.

The semi-final and final games were not a good look for the refs in high school. High school officiating is pretty brutal. The missed calls are pretty bad and there is zero flow to the game. I saw countless blatant holds missed, especially in the Dowling/Bettendorf games. Bell was able to get to the outside on a number of plays due to tackles hold across the chest of Dowling players.

I don't think there's any debate on the missed calls, but there are missed calls every week in high school football....tons of them. The magnitude of these are far greater due to the importance of the game as well as there's a television broadcast. Hopefully the IHSAA can clean these up.

Reactions: franky1967
Even after all this is said and done....we can still play the what if game...

1). The "fumble" - No one knows if Bettendorf would have fallen on the ball and even if they did they could have fumbled it the next play.

2). The "No Catch" - No one knows if Dowling would have scored on the next play or in two plays or forced to kick a FG.

3). The "TD" - Remember that was to tie the game. No one ultimately knows what would have happened in the subsequent OT's.

The semi-final and final games were not a good look for the refs in high school. High school officiating is pretty brutal. The missed calls are pretty bad and there is zero flow to the game. I saw countless blatant holds missed, especially in the Dowling/Bettendorf games. Bell was able to get to the outside on a number of plays due to tackles hold across the chest of Dowling players.

I don't think there's any debate on the missed calls, but there are missed calls every week in high school football....tons of them. The magnitude of these are far greater due to the importance of the game as well as there's a television broadcast. Hopefully the IHSAA can clean these up.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but I agree on some of your points...it was a bad officiated game but the major/game changing calls all went wrongly against Bett. Hopefully you can understand the frustration

However Bettendorf clearly recovered the obvious fumble inside there 20 up 17-7 going into 4th quarter. Huge!

It was 3rd And 8 on the clearly dropped td pass. So had to kick field goal. FYI Bettendorf scores on next play to tie again.

And that’s the point on the non td call against Bettendorf, they NEVER had a chance to play on.

Reactions: Reasoned
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT