Varsity
Sep 4, 2006
106 Willers PV, Vogel Muscatine
113 Stroker Bett, Genco Clinton
120 Willers PV, SWarm Bett
126 Woodard Bett, Bostic Dav Cent
132 Ryan Bett, McPhee Dav West
138 Ryan Bett, Caldwell Clinton ???
145 Hernandez Bett, Caldwell Clinton ???
152 Letney PV, Chase Bett
160 Bowman NS, Letney PV
170 Vance Bett, Kreiter NS
182 Levsen Bett, Kreiter NS
195 Jurevitz Bett, Long NS
220 Malik PV, Beale Dav West
285 Shaw Bett, PV ???

Not a lot of surprises. Shaw went to HWGT which I thought he might do. I think he can win state there. Bett got 11 in, NS 4 and PV maybe 5 or 6, and Clinton 3 or 4. Schwarm not making it at 106 was probably the biggest surprise.

Best match of the day was Ryan vs McPhee at 132, kind of ruined by the ex NS, Bett mom yelling at the NS crowd, she needs to learn to just be quiet.

On a positive note BubsDad was well behaved and even acknowledged the NS crowd when the ref took 10 seconds to call a clear pin for a NS kid. :)

Hawkeye Denny:

Maybe the ex-NS grad now at UNI should refrain from yelling the F-bomb at Bettendorf wrestlers during and after their match. I have no love for NS but acknowledge it when they wrestle well. It appears that the NS faithful are not so inclined.

Hawkeyequad- F Bomb? What? Its easy for you to make false accusations and hide behind a screen name.

That would be unfortunate if that type of behavior took place. The only kid I know that is currently at UNI I have a hard time believing doing that.

Still a great day of wrestling, good luck to all MAC State qualifiers, should be a great state tourney!

Come on Denny - I'm generally well behaved. If a kid is pinned for over 30 seconds it's pretty obvious and yea that was bad.

Weasel - your son had a great high school career, time to move on. Not sure what reason you two have to boo my son
or any other kid for that matter. Ok to cheer for someone or a team but to boo some high school kids is just sad.

You can say you didn't but I watched you and your buddy next too you.

I did not boo Bubba when he was on the mat. I admit I did boo once but that was at the official at the end of the finals match at 132. I would estimate about 50-75 other people were booing at the same time, at the same official, for the same reason.

If you heard some boos directed at Bubba I imagine they were after his finals match right after he taunted the North Scott crowd. You might of heard some more boos right after Levsen did the same thing.

I'm not a fan of either school, but im sure that Bubba really didnt care that he was being booed. If your a wrestler and care that much about being booed you should probably find a new sport.

I think some of the problems from yesterday is that Logan thought the crowd was booing him after his match with McPhee when in fact the boos were mostly directed at very questionable reffing. It wasn't just the NS fans, but a lot of the crowd wanted that match to go OT since it was so exciting.

That caused Logan to get emotional even though he won and I think that set the stage for the rest of the day issues. As far as the 145 finals, the only person I heard being loud was one parent yelling stalling over and over again who I don't believe knows wrestling, they just had a vested interest in the match.

The Ryan's parents have to realize that their decision and the way they continue to handle themselves since then directly affect their kids. It is too bad since everything I have heard from the NS wrestling community is that everybody loves Connor and Ryan. Time will heal.

The guy yelling during the 145 final was a Davenport North parent that was supporting Kenry Trowers. He was sitting just above the NS crowd.

would have been much more exciting if certain wrestlers hadn't "moved" to bettendorf, also i agree with hawkeye denny the logans had to know that moving to an inner conference rival would go over like a fart in church lol

Congrats to the Bett District going into today's final place matches. Out of 28 wrestlers, they have 6 in the finals, 11 wrestling for 3rd, and 4 going for 7th. So they have 21 of 28 that will place at state, way above the average of 14.

In the team race Bett is in 1st and PV in 7th and NS has wrestled well with some disappointing losses but with all underclassmen. And Assumption has had a very good showing in 2A with 4 in the finals and is in second place right behind D-T.

Good luck to all today...I can't wait to see some of the great matchups tonite, hopefully the split screen will be back so we can watch all three classes at once!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT