ADVERTISEMENT

MAC Wrestling

Thanks BKDevil, great analysis, the MAC did very well..!! 30 of the 42 kids placed at state..WOW..!! Already looking forward to MAC 2013-14...BubsDad dont be a stranger, come back and visit :)

This post was edited on 2/18 4:18 PM by HawkeyeDenny

The ten team MAC had 42 qualify and 26 finished in the top 8. Thats 62% who qualified placed in top 8
(five champs- three-2nds; five 3rds; five 4ths; two 5ths; one sixth; two 7ths and three 8ths)

The fourteen team MVC had 50 qualify and 27 finished in the top 8. Thats 54% who qualified placed in top 8
(one champ; two 2nds; five 3rds; five 4ths; six 5ths; five 6ths; three 7ths; no 8ths)

The twenty-three team CIML had 82 qualify and 36 finished in the top 8. Thats 44% who qualified placed in top 8
(seven champs; five 2nds; five 3rds; six 4ths; two 5ths;four 6ths; six 7ths; six 8ths)
This post was edited on 2/19 9:42 AM by BKDevil

Thanks BKDevil for correcting my 30 down to a 26, I think I included the following 4, lol...

One Team Dual Championship -(Assumption)
Two Team Runner's Up- (Assumption and Bettendorf)
One Most Outstanding Wrestler- (Stroker)

I would have to say the MAC showed up very well against the other two major conferences, thanks for pulling the numbers, I wouldn't be surprised next year if the MAC has half of the state champs in 3A, with the returning 3 from Bett and throw in Bowman and C Kreiter from NS, Witte and Boyd from Burl, Genco and Caldwells from Clinton, Schwarm and Jefferson from Bett and some potentials from PV. Will be another fun year....

BKDevil, nice numbers but you may need to recalculate the CIML as there are only 17 CIML wrestling teams, not 23. You may be throwing wrestlers from other teams into those numbers. I did a quick count and 16 of the 17 teams were at state with 65 qualifiers of which 40 placed top 8 for 61.5%.

I did not realize the CIML didnt follow the football conference layout.
My mistake.

Thanks for clarifying

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT