ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama is # 1 again

You are dead wrong. Masks and social distancing kept the country going. They significantly lowered the “ Load” of Corona Virus” available to infect. They also significantly lowered the load of flu virus. You answers about the flu are laughable. The vaccine will also protect you better than the antibodies over the long haul and you should get vaccinated.

I don’t give a rat’s ass whether you people get vaccinated or wear a mask or not. Be part of the problem and not the solution. This is my last answer on the subject. I’ll be back to talk football if that happens.
😂 😂 😂 😂

Looking forward to our annual thrashing of LSU.

You are dead wrong. Masks and social distancing kept the country going. They significantly lowered the “ Load” of Corona Virus” available to infect. They also significantly lowered the load of flu virus. You answers about the flu are laughable. The vaccine will also protect you better than the antibodies over the long haul and you should get vaccinated.

I don’t give a rat’s ass whether you people get vaccinated or wear a mask or not. Be part of the problem and not the solution. This is my last answer on the subject. I’ll be back to talk football if that happens.

5 completely wrong sentences in a 6 sentence opening paragraph. You've done similar when discussing LSU before, but it is impressive nonetheless.

I love Greta! She ticks off almost all the boxes MAGAs hate: young, intelligent, idealistic, moral, popular, from a country that has its crap together, and able to discern truth from BS. If she was a minority she’d trigger the right even harder.

Haha, Greta is your hero? Why am I not surprised?

What's happening to Biden is cruel AF and the same was true about Greta's childhood. You guys are some sick MFer's imho.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
5 completely wrong sentences in a 6 sentence opening paragraph. You've done similar when discussing LSU before, but it is impressive nonetheless.
One more time time since the AL governor Is urging, actually pleading with you, to get vaccinated and quit using causing other people to not get vaccinated. The variant D is starting to attacking younger people now. Even people who already had the Covid should be vaccinated. Go tell the governor he is wrong. Or just keep being part of the problem.

Reactions: Konigstiger
One more time time since the AL governor Is urging, actually pleading with you, to get vaccinated and quit using causing other people to not get vaccinated. The variant D is starting to attacking younger people now. Even people who already had the Covid should be vaccinated. Go tell the governor he is wrong. Or just keep being part of the problem.
Who is causing others to not get vaccinated, @Bill_D ? Everyone has their own free will to vaccinate. You believe every lie they tell on CNN, don’t you?

Reactions: Reasoned
I took your advice and emailed the governor. But I just copied and pasted your blather and then sent a bunch of laughing emojis and lmaooooo.

• Haha
Reactions: billywayneluck
I took your advice and emailed the governor. But I just copied and pasted your blather and then sent a bunch of laughing emojis and lmaooooo.
how-to-make-baby-laugh_w555_h555.jpg

Reactions: Pops Masterson

I have natural antibodies. I DGAF if you think I should also vaccinate. You do you, I'll do me. Two very prominent studies, along with a few other smaller ones, say that my natural antibodies are MORE resistant to Covid than your vaccine antibodies.

How many times can I type this before it penatrates for you?

Also, our governor is a she. Her name is Kay Ivey.

Delta isn’t attacking younger people any worse than the previous versions have. It just infects more people, so it is infecting more younger people in the process.

Reactions: Reasoned
Delta isn’t attacking younger people any worse than the previous versions have. It just infects more people, so it is infecting more younger people in the process.
And milder from what I’ve seen. My data set is rather small, but only one person I’ve seen that got it a second time had it worse. And she’s a disgusting fat.

Edit to add- there are much more health related illnesses that she needs to be concerned about than wuhan virus.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I have natural antibodies. I DGAF if you think I should also vaccinate. You do you, I'll do me. Two very prominent studies, along with a few other smaller ones, say that my natural antibodies are MORE resistant to Covid than your vaccine antibodies.

How many times can I type this before it penatrates for you?

Also, our governor is a she. Her name is Kay Ivey.
I’m naturally immune too and therefore don’t need the shot. The problem is that @Bill_D thinks watching CNN for 15 minutes qualifies him as an expert on all things COVID-19 when the truth is he doesn’t know shite from apple butter.

Saw this and thought it fits in well with this thread.

Not better than vaccinated. But why argue with people who selected the result they wanted and then hunts stuff to vindicate it.

Ho hum, another day, another paper suggesting that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity.

Or if you just want a blurb of the abstract

Results: SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees had a 13.06-fold (95% CI, 8.08 to 21.11) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant (P<0.001) for symptomatic disease as well. When allowing the infection to occur at any time before vaccination (from March 2020 to February 2021), evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated, though SARS-CoV-2 naive vaccinees had a 5.96-fold (95% CI, 4.85 to 7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI, 5.51 to 9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease. SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees were also at a greater risk for COVID-19-related-hospitalizations compared to those that were previously infected. Conclusions: This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

Ho hum, another day, another paper suggesting that natural immunity is stronger and longer lasting than vaccine-induced immunity.

Results: SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees had a 13.06-fold (95% CI, 8.08 to 21.11) increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant (P<0.001) for symptomatic disease as well. When allowing the infection to occur at any time before vaccination (from March 2020 to February 2021), evidence of waning natural immunity was demonstrated, though SARS-CoV-2 naive vaccinees had a 5.96-fold (95% CI, 4.85 to 7.33) increased risk for breakthrough infection and a 7.13-fold (95% CI, 5.51 to 9.21) increased risk for symptomatic disease. SARS-CoV-2-naive vaccinees were also at a greater risk for COVID-19-related-hospitalizations compared to those that were previously infected. Conclusions: This study demonstrated that natural immunity confers longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization caused by the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Individuals who were both previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant.

Thanks for posting.

So what it is saying in the last sentence is that getting vaccinated even if you have had the disease gives you additional protection against the disease. Simply that is what I’m saying. You need to get vaccinated even if you had the disease.

Also the theory of it fading out and getting weaker is only true if it doesn’t evolve into a more infectious variety. I presume you are working on one that will overcome the almost natural immunity of children. I wonder what our hospitals will look like then. . The only way to slow evolvement down is for people to not get it.

The last sentence of his report. Get vaccinated.

I almost left that out, because I knew you'd miss the larger point. I also knew you wouldn't read the actual paper, which means you didn't read the following line either:

"Individuals who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 seem to gain additional protection from a subsequent single-dose vaccine regimen. Though this finding corresponds to previous reports, we could not demonstrate significance in our cohort."

In other words, it was a pretty small effect.

It might make sense for somebody your age to get the vaccine after infection, because even double-vaccinated you are at higher risk than I am. That holds true even if I was unvaccinated without previous infection.

Considering that my protection from previous infection is significantly higher than your protection (given our large age gap) from double vaccination (and I'm also less likely to catch it and spread it than you are), why should I take on additional risk of any vaccine side effect for almost no gain?

Also the theory of it fading out and getting weaker is only true if it doesn’t evolve into a more infectious variety. I presume you are working on one that will overcome the almost natural immunity of children. I wonder what our hospitals will look like then. . The only way to slow evolvement down is for people to not get it.

Is a "vaccine resistant" strain more likely to come out of a large amount of spread in a vaccinated population, or a large amount of spread in an unvaccinated population? Hint: It's not the latter

Simply that is what I’m saying. You need to get vaccinated even if you had the disease.

No, you told us the vaccine was the better, more robust option as compared to natural immunity. You did so in a thread where I posted research from two studies that stated otherwise.

I can find that thread again if you like. ***edit...it's in this freaking thread 😂

Last edited:
One size fits all? Every one in the US? Even the naturally immune?

He cannot stand to admit when he is wrong. This study proves he was so he needs to cling to something rather than stating, "well...it appears that I was wrong."

The quoted part is what a better man would have said.

Bump!
This has nothing to do with AL’s vaccination status but your representative Mo Brooks…. I kind of like his moxie.
“Time and time again, President Biden has shown the strength of a marshmallow and the intellectual capacity and judgment of a gnat,”
LOL….and that might actually be overselling a gnat.

I almost left that out, because I knew you'd miss the larger point. I also knew you wouldn't read the actual paper, which means you didn't read the following line either:

"Individuals who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 seem to gain additional protection from a subsequent single-dose vaccine regimen. Though this finding corresponds to previous reports, we could not demonstrate significance in our cohort."

In other words, it was a pretty small effect.

It might make sense for somebody your age to get the vaccine after infection, because even double-vaccinated you are at higher risk than I am. That holds true even if I was unvaccinated without previous infection.

Considering that my protection from previous infection is significantly higher than your protection (given our large age gap) from double vaccination (and I'm also less likely to catch it and spread it than you are), why should I take on additional risk of any vaccine side effect for almost no gain?
There is no larger point in than that. As for as leaving out the sentence as I said you pick and choose for your agenda and I wouldn’t have been surprised, but they clearly said even if you had the disease the vaccine would give you better protection. That is the major point. Get vaccinated even if you had the Covid. No way around it.

Is a "vaccine resistant" strain more likely to come out of a large amount of spread in a vaccinated population, or a large amount of spread in an unvaccinated population? Hint: It's not the latter
That’s not true. Delta came from India where hardly anyone is vaccinated.

No, you told us the vaccine was the better, more robust option as compared to natural immunity. You did so in a thread where I posted research from two studies that stated otherwise.

I can find that thread again if you like. ***edit...it's in this freaking thread 😂
Regardless even if you had the Covid Husky’s paper said the vaccine would make you more resistant than the antibodies alone. I really don’t care if you get vaccinated or not. But it’s better if you do.

He cannot stand to admit when he is wrong. This study proves he was so he needs to cling to something rather than stating, "well...it appears that I was wrong."

The quoted part is what a better man would have said.
The report didn’t basically prove me wrong. There are other people saying other things. If you didn’t have the disease vaccination helps. If you did have it it helps. They went around a long block but that is how you should summarize it.

• Haha
The report didn’t basically prove me wrong. There are other people saying other things. If you didn’t have the disease vaccination helps. If you did have it it helps. They went around a long block but that is how you should summarize it.
It’s been said that a man, when wrong, can admit that he’s wrong is a wise man.
Also, a man that is 100% irrefutably right but can STILL admit that he’s wrong is a married man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT