ADVERTISEMENT

Would Chariton win the 1A Title? (Theoretical)

I agree that they are built mostly like a good1A team with 3 strong players, again so is SL IMO. Nothing really from the bench. Next year they will be non-existent with only Choul left. They would be a contender for a 1A title, but could not run with WC in 2A. They have beat some average 3A and below average 4A team. However all of their games have been very close. So........if they can hang with Wahlert by some miracle for 3 quarters, They finish well.

Suggesting that Chariton might not be as good as other teams in the 3A bracket is obvious as well.

I don't need to suggest it. They played terrible teams all year for the most part and struggled against SOLON. Quite possibly the worst 1 seed of all time.

I don't need to suggest it. They played terrible teams all year for the most part and struggled against SOLON. Quite possibly the worst 1 seed of all time.
Does it make you feel like a big man to talk smack about a team in 3a with 4k people and kids that where all born and raise in this small town.
My gosh I think its a great story for Iowa High School BB.
If you need to talk trash focus on the large city teams playing 3a BB

Does it make you feel like a big man to talk smack about a team in 3a with 4k people and kids that where all born and raise in this small town.
My gosh I think its a great story for Iowa High School BB.
If you need to talk trash focus on the large city teams playing 3a BB

Talk trash? Don't get offended by it. The truth is the truth. If a large city team is a 3A school they are a 3A school. What LARGE CITY school in 3A are you speaking of? This has nothing to do with big town/small town. So get off of that high horse/inferiority complex.

Chariton would win the 1A title by like 20 points. As would Pella (another team I assume you think plays "terrible" teams since Chariton and Pella play a lot of the same schedule.) Sounds like a lot of saltiness (once again) for fans of the northwest area teams that are supposedly so good but fell short once again.

Chariton would win the 1A title by like 20 points. As would Pella (another team I assume you think plays "terrible" teams since Chariton and Pella play a lot of the same schedule.) Sounds like a lot of saltiness (once again) for fans of the northwest area teams that are supposedly so good but fell short once again.

Not a salty Northwest person. Just talking about what I saw. Was shocked in the dropoff of talent from the Solon-Chariton game. Give me a break about the Northwest. Forget the rooting for regions crap.

Not a salty Northwest person. Just talking about what I saw. Was shocked in the dropoff of talent from the Solon-Chariton game. Give me a break about the Northwest. Forget the rooting for regions crap.

Oh you are so obviously an MOC or Spirit Lake fan, lol. You and the CBCrusader/StateWidePundit guy are always here arguing about your northwest teams. You guys up north always think for some reason that you are the best teams in the state despite getting rocked by 2A Western Christian every year. Come on, own up to it. You are salty because MOC (or Spirit Lake) lost and now you're dreaming up this fantasy that MOC (or Spirit Lake) would beat Pella or Chariton. Oooh boy, Chariton only won by 14! What a terrible #1 seed! MOC or Spirit Lake would've won by 85 probably, huh????

Oh you are so obviously an MOC or Spirit Lake fan, lol. You and the CBCrusader/StateWidePundit guy are always here arguing about your northwest teams. You guys up north always think for some reason that you are the best teams in the state despite getting rocked by 2A Western Christian every year. Come on, own up to it. You are salty because MOC (or Spirit Lake) lost and now you're dreaming up this fantasy that MOC (or Spirit Lake) would beat Pella or Chariton. Oooh boy, Chariton only won by 14! What a terrible #1 seed! MOC or Spirit Lake would've won by 85 probably, huh????

You must have me confused with somebody else. I am not an MOC or Spirit Lake guy. I am nowhere near those places. But keep assuming you know what my agenda is. Think you are way off saying Chariton is one of the top 3A teams. But hey all good.

You must have me confused with somebody else. I am not an MOC or Spirit Lake guy. I am nowhere near those places. But keep assuming you know what my agenda is. Think you are way off saying Chariton is one of the top 3A teams. But hey all good.

Ok, lol, whatever. Maybe you'll be able to trick somebody, but it is completely obvious from 5 seconds of looking at this board who you support.

I am from below Sioux City. I support high school basketball. Still don't see how you don't think MOC is good though.

There it is, I called it. Northwest Iowa.

I do think MOC is good. It's just ridiculous how you people in northwest Iowa always sit on iowapreps and rail on other teams from around the state (that you've probably never even watch play) because you think northwest Iowa is so superior. Are people of the teams out here in the east a little cocky? Yes. But the teams back it up by winning at state. The northwestern teams always lose and there are always fans on here saying "Oooh the bracket was so unfaaaair!"

If MOC wanted a higher seed, they should have just won more of their games. MOC plays far more 1A and 2A teams than Chariton, Pella, or any other team in the 3A state bracket. Quit whining and start winning.

And just to add to that, because I checked MOC's schedule. They got swept by a 1A team that didn't even make the state tournament. Yet, here you are talking crap about how a different team.

I actually think that Chariton played pretty well once they got going. To go to Des Moines and play at the Well takes a little time to get used to. Chariton is not the only team to start slow and then pick up as the game went on. They'll give Wahlert a good game, especially if Sage Maiers can't play for the Golden Eagles because of the ankle injury that caused him to go out at the end of the 2nd quarter against MOC and not return.

In my opinion no bad team would go 23-2 regardless of their schedule. That is a boat load of wins. Sure, the argument can be scheduling and district alignment, I get that. But at the end of the day you have to win to advance. If a team doesn't make it to the Well or even the finals for that matter, there was a reason for it. There will never be a perfect system. Chariton is one of the towns buried in southern Iowa where a tough schedule is hard to come by in 3A. There are too many schools that are borderline 2A/3A. They, as do other schools with a tough geographic location, do the best with what they can and you can't blame them for that. Chariton lost 1 regular season game by 3 points (Grinnell). But to answer the question, yes, I think a 23-2 3A Chariton team would win the 1A state championship.

Do you think DW would beat the 1A Champion by more than 22?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT