ADVERTISEMENT

Who wins on Friday night?

webster city
lewis central
xavier
west delaware

some tough picks here

I go back and forth on every game, my picks listed from most confident to least

Xavier- They had their way with Grinnell last time, I think it will be closer, but not enough for Grinnell
West Delaware- They have been playing so well lately, I think it would take an off night for them to lose, but North Scott is a really good team and program
Lewis Central- Harlan got them the first time, but unlike the Grinnell v. Xavier I think that this is the one that will be tough for the same team to win twice
Webster City- I think everyone doubts Webster City because of the single wing, and if it is a gimmicky offense, but honestly their defense has been pretty dominant all year long, I think that takes them to the dome.

I go back and forth on every game, my picks listed from most confident to least

Xavier- They had their way with Grinnell last time, I think it will be closer, but not enough for Grinnell
West Delaware- They have been playing so well lately, I think it would take an off night for them to lose, but North Scott is a really good team and program
Lewis Central- Harlan got them the first time, but unlike the Grinnell v. Xavier I think that this is the one that will be tough for the same team to win twice
Webster City- I think everyone doubts Webster City because of the single wing, and if it is a gimmicky offense, but honestly their defense has been pretty dominant all year long, I think that takes them to the dome.
I like your picks and the rational. Think Xavier wins the whole thing ultimately...always have tough kids and have the best coaching staff in the state at the 3A level. What would the semifinal matchups be if the four teams you picked made it to The Dome?

Webster City
Xavier
North Scott
Lewis Central

Webster City
Lewis central
Xavier
West Delaware

I don’t think Harlan will get by being one dimensional this time and LC will stay well balanced and pull the Game out in a tight contest.

Webster City has too tough a defense and does enough on offense to win this one. WC is a really young team but resilient and knows how to win. WC isn’t big, but BH doesn’t have the size to exploit this. Should be much better next year with both lines and lots of athletes coming back. Crazy fact, but this will be WCs eighth home game this year. Total about 60 miles of travel this year with only road games at Gilbert and Humbolt!

BHRV
Lewis Central
Xavier
West Deleware

In my opinion I think the only close game will be Lewis Central vs Harlan. Harlan got them the 1st time but I feel that this time it will be a much closer match up. For some reason I feel LC squeaks this one out. It will be within a touchdown.

West Delaware- playing really well- but so is North Scott who is coming off a big win last week- but I see West Delaware getting out in front early and separating in the 2nd half. 14+

Xavier- same thing- Grinnell is playing well but not well enough to make this a close game. 21+ Xavier

BHRV: On a roll right now. Noble is an absolute stud at RB. May be one of the best coached teams in the state, they get their team to over=perform each night. This is by far not the most talented team out there, but coaching is what makes them go from normal to excellent. Held Spencer fullback to under 50 yards rushing last week after he ran for 290 on Humboldt. Their defensive scheme, especially their linebacker core, will blow up Webster City's single wing offense. Webster City offense will have a VERY HARD time moving the ball. And BHRV offense is one of the most, if not the most, dynamic in 3A. Webster city is not built to play from behind, which they will be doing tomorrow night. I'll even go a step further. BHRV is my dark horse for 3A title. BHVR by 20+.

Last edited:
Reactions: NWIA_37
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT