ADVERTISEMENT

Week Eight Class A Football Rankings (10/13)

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Add feedback by replying below:

Class A
1 Saint Ansgar 7-0 (Previous: # 1 )
2 North Tama 7-0 (Previous: # 2 )
3 West Hancock 7-0 (Previous: # 3 )
4 Grundy Center 6-1 (Previous: # 5 )
5 MFL 7-0 (Previous: # 6 )
6 Edgewood-Colesburg 6-1 (Previous: # 7 )
7 Earlham 6-1 (Previous: # 8 )
8 Woodbury Central 6-1 (Previous: # Not Rated )
9 Gehlen Catholic 5-2 (Previous: # Not Rated )
10 Westwood 6-1 (Previous: # Not Rated )

What other coverage am I missing by not subscribing?

2019 4A District MVPs

District 1 - 10/14

District 2 - 10/15

District 3 - 10/16

District 4 - 10/17

District 5 - 10/18

District 6 - 10/19

District 7 - 10/20

2019 3A District MVPs

District 1 - 10/17

District 2 - 10/19

District 3 - 10/20

Football Player Rankings

Top 300 Players in 2020

Top 190 Players in 2021

Top 125 Players in 2022

2019 In-Season Coverage

4A Insider - 10/14

3A Insider - 10/14

2A Insider - 10/14

1A Insider - 10/15

A Insider - 10/15

8-Man Insider - 10/15

Top 25 Teams - 10/16

Top Performers - 10/18

West Hancock hasn't played all their starters for an entire game yet this season. Most are pulled at half or 3rd quarter. I can only imagine what the scores would look like and how many rushing yards they would have if they played for the entire game. From what I see, in my opinion, they clearly are the best team in class A.

Reactions: D3vilDog
West Hancock and StA then everyone else, NT pry at 3 because they are going to win the toughest district, Earlham could be scary in the playoffs, there are a lot of questions about the western part of the state in my opinion.

With how St. Ansgar has performed the last 2 weeks, they have definitely made a case for #1, but west hancock should be at least #2.

I will say once again, I would love to see West Hancock play their starters for a full game. Then you can compare who should be #1 or #2. I guess in a few weeks, we will get the chance.

Reactions: D3vilDog
It is a double edged sword. You want them to be conditioned to be able to play the whole game, but not having to play them definitely reduces the risk for unnecessary injury and helps give the younger kids experience to help in the future. Last year, I think District 7 beat each other up so much with close games throughout the entire season that by the end of the season there were a lot of kids playing 80% or less.

And I'm not aware of anyone that plays their starters the full game, if at least up by a few TDs, but you are right, every team has a different tipping point as to when the reserves come in. Some of that though has to do with whether the backups are capable enough to hold their own. Don't want to put them in a situation where they could get hurt.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
As far as District 7 goes, I would say there is a lot of parity and depth this year, which makes for some good, close games, but I don't see any of the top D7 teams as being one of the top contenders. Seems a lot weaker, in terms of upside potential, than last year.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
I am really curious how good North Tama really is. Sure they are winning, but not all that impressive.

West Hancock and StA then everyone else, NT pry at 3 because they are going to win the toughest district, Earlham could be scary in the playoffs, there are a lot of questions about the western part of the state in my opinion.

idk somebody has to win round 1 games! But based on teams i have seen so far, the level of play and overall talent in class A is down compared to previous years.

I havent seen MFL in person, just on film a couple times, so interested to see how they do with Ed-Co tonight. But I think WH and StA dominate whatever playoff pods they are in, and after that it could be about anyone else ending up in the dome.

Reactions: falconfanx3
I actually think Earlham should be a clear cut #3. Their RB Swalla is definitely an All State type of athlete and as long as he is healthy, they are very good. They also appear to have solid depth and size on the line.

Reactions: falconfanx3
Ed-Co vs MFL could be big in playoff qualifying. If Ed-Co loses they probably won't make it in at 7-2, but if Ed-Co wins both teams will make it in. Teams on the bubble should be rooting for MFL

Reactions: mtdew_fever
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT