ADVERTISEMENT

toughest pod

janklow

Freshman
Oct 4, 2007
Last couple days I have had some great conversations about this year's playoffs and now have some questions I will post as we move forward the next couple weeks. I follow the fortunes of various teams from A to 3A so I will put this first one out to all the forums. What playoff pod is the most stacked in your class? Could be traditional powers locking horns, new teams that are making noise etc. Just curious as we get ready for the round of 16.

Last couple days I have had some great conversations about this year's playoffs and now have some questions I will post as we move forward the next couple weeks. I follow the fortunes of various teams from A to 3A so I will put this first one out to all the forums. What playoff pod is the most stacked in your class? Could be traditional powers locking horns, new teams that are making noise etc. Just curious as we get ready for the round of 16.
No question the Pod below is the most balanced. Any of those teams have a legit chance of making the dome.

Washington
West Delaware
Assumption
North Scott.

Reactions: CRHank and janklow
Pod A should be competitive, but in all honesty I don't see any of those teams winning a game in the dome.
Pod B is a two horse race on paper, but I think Ballard and Carlisle will give LC and Harlan good games.
Pod C I see Xavier winning, but if Pella beats Grinnell, Pella and Xavier is always a good game.
Pod D is the pod that I think any of the 4 can win the pod, and I think all 4 could contend for a state title.

Reactions: IGo42
I don't follow 3A as much, but both seem legit to me. Who is the best team you think will lose tonight out of these two or three?

I don't follow 3A as much, but both seem legit to me. Who is the best team you think will lose tonight out of these two or three?
Honestly whoever the 2 teams in Pod D that lose. The 4 teams have 1 combined loss in 3A this year (North Scott lost to PV - state ranked in 4A). All the teams remaining are quality teams obviously.

Quite some different views when I go to rankings by = Radio Iowa, Max Preps, AP, and BC Moore.

Then when I go to game predictions by = Massey, Cal Preps and BC Moore - Pods C and D - all 3 are predicting the same winner with a slight difference in scores.

When they all predict games for POD B, they all predict the same outcome for one of the games , but are split on the other game - 2 - 1.

In POD A same thing - one game they all agree with various scores, but in the other pod A game, 2 predict the same while one predicts a different outcome.

And no, I don't want to post what I found - at least not right now.

The records of the four teams in Pod D are 30-2.

Thirty and two.

Meanwhile, the records of the teams in Pod C are 27-6.

You know what would have been more balanced?

Pod C:

Grinnell at Xavier
Pella at Washington

Sets up a potential Washington-Xavier quarterfinal (both would be 9-0); or perhaps Pella-Xavier (as mentioned above, always a good battle).
Overall pod record: 29-4

Pod D:

Wahlert at Assumption
West Delaware at North Scott

Sets up a potential Assumption-North Scott quarterfinal (both undefeated against 3A); or West Delaware-Assumption (19-1 between the two of them).
Overall pod record: 28-4

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT