ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday Feb 20 1A and 2A scores

Maybe I’m biased but I would argue that St. Albert was the 2nd best team in 1A last season with the championship game being played in the semis. No other team even came close to beating Grand View and St. Albert was down 1 with a minute or 2 left to go in the game.
That's totally fair. RSM played GVC very tough in 2018. Had a lead late in the 4th and fell apart. 1A was loaded the last few years.

Your dumb lol. The fact that they beat unity makes it even more so that a team that went 8-15 almost beat 2 teams that are top 5 in a “powerhouse” conference. You really have no idea about basketball do you?
I do think the Siouxland is better overall. Never said the War Eagle is better. Let's just see how it plays out for West Sioux i think that was a bit of an overreaction from one game. Just like South O'brien beating BH doesn't make the war eagle better.

Maybe I’m biased but I would argue that St. Albert was the 2nd best team in 1A last season with the championship game being played in the semis. No other team even came close to beating Grand View and St. Albert was down 1 with a minute or 2 left to go in the game.
4 best teams in the state were on that side of the bracket in my opinion. Montezuma shot lights out against bishop and carried that over to the first half against GVC and was up at half. Bishop Montezuma and ST albert and obviously GVC would of all come out of the bottom half of the bracket in last years state tournament.

4 best teams in the state were on that side of the bracket in my opinion. Montezuma shot lights out against bishop and carried that over to the first half against GVC and was up at half. Bishop Montezuma and ST albert and obviously GVC would of all come out of the bottom half of the bracket in last years state tournament.
That’s why I believe the seeding system at state is flawed. Obviously it will never be perfect but coaches have the tendency to seed the other teams out of their own team’s best interest and not on how good they truly feel the other teams are. Seeding should not be up to the coaches and it should be up to a third party or some kind of points system. Obviously it’s better than going off of straight record but still has many flaws.

Newel Fonda and HLP isnt an eye popper but it'll be interesting to see how HLP comes out. Siouxland Christian and Lawton Bronson will be a good game. Winner gets to lose to Remsen. Other than that I don't think so

Reactions: Anonymous500
With all the parity in 1A this year how does the association end up with 3 Top 15 teams in one district (District 12) when a number of others have nothing close to this. I know location matters to some degree but unfortunate that only 1 of these programs will have a shot at making the tournament.

Your dumb lol. The fact that they beat unity makes it even more so that a team that went 8-15 almost beat 2 teams that are top 5 in a “powerhouse” conference. You really have no idea about basketball do you?
Those 3 teams are super overrated for all of them wining their districts. You're an expert for overreacting to 1 game and I'm the idiot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT