ADVERTISEMENT

The biggest second round surprise?

I think it's gotta be Wayne. Coming into the second round and collecting their second road upset of the postseason. I think the ride comes to an end on Friday, but then again, I've said that before each of the last two games, too. Maybe they'll pull off a miracle.

Idk if I'd count wayne out...last year from 2nd round on nobody had faith in MMC and they won it all...not saying wayne will. .but anything can happen on any given night.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Anything can happen, but I think the magic has to run out sooner or later. I just don't think they're going to come up with the critical stops against Plowman, Jensen, Terry and Wheatley that they've gotten in the first two games. They've locked down in the fourth quarter of both games, but that's when A-C really turns up the heat and pulls away. Could be a great game, but I see Wayne coming up short. Hope I'm wrong, though; they've had a hell of a run for a program that hadn't won a playoff game since 1989.

Im not saying wayne will win..plowman is a beast. I seen him last year against murray as a junior but if you focus on plowman someone else could burn you..as murray last year...focus on halls and ryder burns you or focus on ryder and halls burns you focus on both and scroogie catches them all day...you know what I mean..anyways . .all the games friday should be pretty good...best game I think will be Springville@Don Bosco in my opinion anyways..

I completely agree. IMO, Emmitt Wheatley is the one who makes this offense so dangerous. That kid is a track star with great hands; put up over 200 yards receiving and had 3 touchdowns against Murray this year in a game where Plowman eventually finished with very good numbers, but he had to work for it. Murray focused on trying to take him away, and Wheatley burned them for it. This isn't the Bomber offense I think fans are accustomed to seeing. They've got a lot more balance than in years past.

And I agree on the Don Bosco-Springville game. Wish I could be in two places at once.

I'll be in clear lake this Friday for thier game. ..Im same way. .need to clone ourselves. .lol...but about Adair casey..I agree..they are putting up huge numbers compared to last couple of years.

Am I the only one who isn't completely sold on Adair yet? I agree they are a good football team but like I've been saying for awhile is how good are they really? The only team outside of their district that was good was CRB who finished 3rd in D7 and took them down to the wire in week 9. I agree they are good..just not as good as their record might show I feel. Until they play and beat someone quality I just can't be sold on how good they really are.

I think their record is a combination of them being pretty good and also playing in a ridiculously easy district. I don't think they will be tested until the Semi's. But even at that, In my opinion, I think the top 3 teams in 8-man are all from the West (EHK-E, M-M-C, and N-F).

Originally posted by high90school:
Am I the only one who isn't completely sold on Adair yet? I agree they are a good football team but like I've been saying for awhile is how good are they really? The only team outside of their district that was good was CRB who finished 3rd in D7 and took them down to the wire in week 9. I agree they are good..just not as good as their record might show I feel. Until they play and beat someone quality I just can't be sold on how good they really are.
I don't think they're state title good. Personally, I think the Springville-Don Bosco game is the pseudo state championship game. Whoever wins that will be the odds-on favorite. I'm not at all sold on Exira; the winner of N-F and MMC will get to the title game, IMO.

I think the NF and MMC game will be like last year where the winner will win it all. Im sold more on Exira EHK than I am Adair. District 7 was tough top to bottom this year and they rolled through that fairly easily up until last week where I've read was ny far their worst game of the year and still winning ny 24.

I think the NF and MMC game will be like last year where the winner will win it all. Im sold more on Exira EHK than I am Adair. District 7 was tough top to bottom this year and they rolled through that fairly easily up until last week where I've read was ny far their worst game of the year and still winning ny 24.
People were saying the same thing about Exira and District 7 last year, too. I just don't think that region is all that strong, and Exira/GR/CRB picked at each other and beat up on everyone else. Except there weren't a lot of good teams outside of those three last year, and it showed in the semis.

I won't argue with you there. I think winner of MMC and NF will easy make finals against Springville Bosco winner. I just feel I am more convinced about Exira being undefeated and winning D7 compared to Adair being unblemished and winning D6. I think in most other districts Adair wouldn't finishat the top or maybe even 2nd. If that makes sense without creating confusion or the wrong perception of things.
This post was edited on 11/6 3:32 PM by high90school

I won't argue with you there. I think winner of MMC and NF will easy make finals against Springville Bosco winner. I just feel I am more convinced about Exira being undefeated and winning D7 compared to Adair being unblemished and winning D6. I think in most other districts Adair wouldn't finishat the top or maybe even 2nd. If that makes sense without creating confusion or the wrong perception of things.
This post was edited on 11/6 3:32 PM by high90school
I wasn't arguing against that, though. I was refuting a poster's point that the three best teams are on the west side of the brackets. I think Springville and Don Bosco are both in the top 3, but definitely the top 4. No way I put Exira ahead of either of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT