ADVERTISEMENT

Teams moving up a class or down a class for year?

I simply wanted to know when Regina's philosophy changed to wanting to play up a class like DCAHawk alluded. Playing up classes in non district is not uncommon for many quality programs or many programs in general. I wanna know where this notion that DCAHawk said they would petition to play up a class came from.

I would also like to know what 4A schools Regina reached out to for "home and aways." For not being a Regina homer, he seems to be well dialed in with the happenings at Regina. And no my butt is not hurt about it at all.

I simply wanted to know when Regina's philosophy changed to wanting to play up a class like DCAHawk alluded. Playing up classes in non district is not uncommon for many quality programs or many programs in general. I wanna know where this notion that DCAHawk said they would petition to play up a class came from.

I would also like to know what 4A schools Regina reached out to for "home and aways." For not being a Regina homer, he seems to be well dialed in with the happenings at Regina. And no my butt is not hurt about it at all.

They have reached out to City and West previously. Given the current set up there is no benefit to playing up at all.

Reactions: Pinehawk
So Regina's long history of playing up a class continues.......it's their philosophy you know

Not anymore. Just an insider here said he heard that Regina would petition to play up, or Class A would be ugly. I would have been shocked if they did, but I was called out for questioning it

It is odd they would release districts while a classification appeal is out there. I am not sure what is run better in Iowa, football classifications or presidential caucuses

It is odd they would release districts while a classification appeal is out there. I am not sure what is run better in Iowa, football classifications or presidential caucuses
At least we only have to deal with caucuses every 4 years.

Reactions: rkhemp
I wasn’t addressing that aspect. There is no benefit to challenging your team and playing up a class or two in your ND games.
Lol. What?? But there is a benefit to playing A football? Get a clue. Regina used to be respected.

Which other teams in the state are currently ‘playing up’?
You can’t compare. Regina is a parochial school in a college community and one of the few growing metro areas of the state. And a significantly higher percentage of kids participate in extracurricular activities and we all know the type of family that sends their kids to parochial schools (have money) which means they likely support their uber kids in even more ways. Regina has every advantage known to man but that still isn’t enough. Now, they have to go all the way down to single A football and pick on rural schools that kids play sports for fun. In many other states, the parochial is forced to play up. Regina is that kid in school that always dressed nice, drove the nice car, had a big group of friends. Until one day, he got too cocky and mouthed off to the wrong person and he got his clock cleaned and was exposed.

You can’t compare. Regina is a parochial school in a college community and one of the few growing metro areas of the state. And a significantly higher percentage of kids participate in extracurricular activities and we all know the type of family that sends their kids to parochial schools (have money) which means they likely support their uber kids in even more ways. Regina has every advantage known to man but that still isn’t enough. Now, they have to go all the way down to single A football and pick on rural schools that kids play sports for fun. In many other states, the parochial is forced to play up. Regina is that kid in school that always dressed nice, drove the nice car, had a big group of friends. Until one day, he got too cocky and mouthed off to the wrong person and he got his clock cleaned and was exposed.

Sounds like you’ve got some issues that you haven’t gotten over.

Reactions: RoundMound1
Not really. Just find it comical how the rich continue to get richer. I’m sure you have people already working on how to maneuver the numbers so you can move to 8 man next when you can’t win the A title either. Pathetic

Not really. Just find it comical how the rich continue to get richer. I’m sure you have people already working on how to maneuver the numbers so you can move to 8 man next when you can’t win the A title either. Pathetic

Pathetic indeed.
“In many other states, the parochial is forced to play up.”
Define “many”
If you are going to be whiny at least be accurate. Perhaps studying up on how private schools work could help you. If you really think that the school is working to keep their enrollment down so they can succeed in athletics then there really isn’t much to discuss. Take your shots, petition the state. Hopefully your feelings don’t get too hurt..... and try to be accurate next time.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Lol. What?? But there is a benefit to playing A football? Get a clue. Regina used to be respected.

It’s pretty clear. Not sure what is confusing you. With the current playoff selection process playing up a class or two doesn’t help other than challenging your team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT