ADVERTISEMENT

Sooooo what’s next in Climate Control.....

I’m still waiting for these fantastic sources. Climate Science department of Trump U?

And sorry your father suffered as serious a cognitive decline as you exhibit now. Ts and Ps.

Seriously...you cannot read, can you? Or are you just choosing not to? I'm hoping it's a choice.

True, they are still convinced Fauci is a saint, states like California, Michigan, etc. outperformed Florida over the last year, and that cloth masks can stop 1 micron aerosols.
So based on your cult logic medical staff can abandon PPE , hair cover and masks in surgery as they have for 100 yrs. your surgeon can just say “**** it... it’s not perfect. .. there’s only a 1% change that I have anything contagious”

So based on your cult logic medical staff can abandon PPE , hair cover and masks in surgery as they have for 100 yrs. your surgeon can just say “**** it... it’s not perfect. .. there’s only a 1% change that I have anything contagious”

None of that is intended to stop viruses spread through aerosols

How many surgeons wear cloth masks….they offer as much protection as a Chinese condom.

I linked NASA’s website on it in this very thread! Please link these so-called “top scientists” claims from a reputable source. Thank you in advance...
Go find them yourself. They are the experts on weather and climate at Princeton and MIT they both have published recent studies or were mentioned in the media. I just read stuff and don’t store it. I used a slide rule and my memory for 20 years before computers.

This reminds me of the hysteria I mentioned about the big meeting where the papers were presented on heart disease. Millions of scientist backed that one and almost everyone in the world quit eating butter and quit using animal lard for cooking. They started using vegetable oil and margarine as recommended by literally millions of scientists. (Doctors and medical researchers) they could not have been more wrong, especially about the correction of diet. They caused more obesity problems and heart problems than before.

These professor I referenced did not deny the CO2 increase. They just said the biggest part of the temperature increase was caused by something else, probably water vapor in the upper atmosphere. It’s, admittedly, hard to believe what right, But anyone can see what’s going on right now is hysteria of the first order.

How many surgeons wear cloth masks….they offer as much protection as a Chinese condom.
That’s not the purpose of the mask, Their purpose is not “protection”. There purpose is to slow spread of a contagion. If a person has a disease like Covid 19 and wears a mask his ability to spread it is reduced to far less than 10%. Of what it would be without the mask, proper Mask wearing cuts the ability to get the virus farther than 3 feet. And reduces the virus that escapes the mask to less than 10 percent and in most cases 2%. Masks do not prevent getting the disease. They reduce its spread.

Masks are intended to slow their spread down, not totally stop them.

Masks stop approximately 0-1% of aerosal type viruses. It is why mask mandates have made a measurable effect around 0% everywhere they have been tried.

If it legitimately helped I’d be all for it. We know now it doesn’t, and the only reason the CDC and others haven’t admitted that is to save face.

Seriously, did you think this was some type of "gotcha" post? PPE in those settings is intended to help decrease infections spread through bacteria, spit, blood splatter, etc. Do you understand how small virus aerosals are? If the original thought about how the virus was spread was correct, such as large droplets (hence, 6 feet rule, which is practically worthless against aerosol transmission), then masks would make a significant difference.

Here's the PPE you need when dealing with aerosals. How many people do you see walking around in this?
iu

Hint: Even a properly fitted N95 mask will only stop a small percentage of aerosols that the virus travels on. A vented N95 or N95 with small gaps that air escapes from is practically useless. How much good do you think a surgical mask or cloth mask is going to do?

Seriously, did you think this was some type of "gotcha" post? PPE in those settings is intended to help decrease infections spread through bacteria, spit, blood splatter, etc. Do you understand how small virus aerosals are? If the original thought about how the virus was spread was correct, such as large droplets (hence, 6 feet rule, which is practically worthless against aerosol transmission), then masks would make a significant difference.

Here's the PPE you need when dealing with aerosals. How many people do you see walking around in this?
iu

Hint: Even a properly fitted N95 mask will only stop a small percentage of aerosols that the virus travels on. A vented N95 or N95 with small gaps that air escapes from is practically useless. How much good do you think a surgical mask or cloth mask is going to do?
So basically, facts and shit.

lol

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Masks stop approximately 0-1% of aerosal type viruses. It is why mask mandates have made a measurable effect around 0% everywhere they have been tried.

If it legitimately helped I’d be all for it. We know now it doesn’t, and the only reason the CDC and others haven’t admitted that is to save face.
That’s not correct. They also stop virus from being breathed more 3’ on the average from someone. It likeLy would not stop a person with a mask breathing in the virus from air containing it.But the tortuous path it has to follow escaping an infected person significantly cuts down on the volume of virus infected air people might breathe. They will not stop a virus because of size. It is the tortuous path that causes significant less air volume to have the virus. The virus also being kept with 3 feet allows sunlight excetra to kill it quick. That’s why the closed the bars and restaurants and urged people to stay out of crowds.

It is hard to quantify the effect of masks. But certainly with the significant reduction of the volume air with virus in it and the reduced distance it gets from infected people and the other cautions on crowding in general the mask has to be effective in slowing the spread.i believe that slowing the spread is all the experts claim.

I

Reactions: David_Dennison
That’s not correct. They also stop virus from being breathed more 3’ on the average from someone. It likeLy would not stop a person with a mask breathing in the virus from air containing it.But the tortuous path it has to follow escaping an infected person significantly cuts down on the volume of virus infected air people might breathe. They will not stop a virus because of size. It is the tortuous path that causes significant less air volume to have the virus. The virus also being kept with 3 feet allows sunlight excetra to kill it quick. That’s why the closed the bars and restaurants and urged people to stay out of crowds.

It is hard to quantify the effect of masks. But certainly with the significant reduction of the volume air with virus in it and the reduced distance it gets from infected people and the other cautions on crowding in general the mask has to be effective in slowing the spread.i believe that slowing the spread is all the experts claim.

I

Unfortunately none of that is true. All of that is based on the original idea of droplet spread being the primary vector. 3’, 6’, 20’ is all almost meaningless when aerosols can float in the air for hours after a person exhales. Which is why well ventilated areas and outdoor areas have had the least spread.

Your last couple of sentences are a widely held belief, that it HAS to help SOME. No real world data from the last year supports that it makes any difference.

The CDC knows this now, but they are way too heavily invested in it now to come out and admit masks have all been for nothing.

Unfortunately none of that is true. All of that is based on the original idea of droplet spread being the primary vector. 3’, 6’, 20’ is all almost meaningless when aerosols can float in the air for hours after a person exhales. Which is why well ventilated areas and outdoor areas have had the least spread.

Your last couple of sentences are a widely held belief, that it HAS to help SOME. No real world data from the last year supports that it makes any difference.

The CDC knows this now, but they are way too heavily invested in it now to come out and admit masks have all been for nothing.
I think Bill chooses to be misinformed sometimes.

The CDC knows this now, but they are way too heavily invested in it now to come out and admit masks have all been for

The aerosols can not stay alive any significant time floating especially outside in sunlight. Only a few seconds.

I have done a lot of work with filtering and a mask is a filter. It consists of multiple layers like most filters, The aerosols exit thru a tortuous path.which cause the aerosols have to change directions to exit each layer. For example when you filter water with sediment in it, it goes thru the filter medium and loses velocity and the sediment both sticks to the filtering agent and the velocity reduction prevents its from going as far from the infected person as if he wasn’t wearing a mask.

I would expect as you stated that it would not be as effective at night, inside places like bars, etc. because the Covid 19 is not exposed to it killers like ultra violent light. But as they first said no groups unless outside in daylight.

The mask will not save you from getting the virus if you get in aerosols but Is does reduce the risk because it reduces the aerosols. If you breathe the aerosols even if there are only a few you will get you will get the virus. But there is less around for people to breath in.

By the way masks, social distancing, etc. should have affected flu, too. Since you have many years with no masks, how did the flu this year of masks compare to recent years for the flu.

The aerosols can not stay alive any significant time floating especially outside in sunlight. Only a few seconds.

I have done a lot of work with filtering and a mask is a filter. It consists of multiple layers like most filters, The aerosols exit thru a tortuous path.which cause the aerosols have to change directions to exit each layer. For example when you filter water with sediment in it, it goes thru the filter medium and loses velocity and the sediment both sticks to the filtering agent and the velocity reduction prevents its from going as far from the infected person as if he wasn’t wearing a mask.

I would expect as you stated that it would not be as effective at night, inside places like bars, etc. because the Covid 19 is not exposed to it killers like ultra violent light. But as they first said no groups unless outside in daylight.

The mask will not save you from getting the virus if you get in aerosols but Is does reduce the risk because it reduces the aerosols. If you breathe the aerosols even if there are only a few you will get you will get the virus. But there is less around for people to breath in.

By the way masks, social distancing, etc. should have affected flu, too. Since you have many years with no masks, how did the flu this year of masks compare to recent years for the flu.

How much good do those water filters do when the majority of the water just goes around the filter?

Also, it is intellectually lazy to say masks are the reason the flu dissapeared this season, considering it disappeared before mask mandates were put in place, and it didn't show up in places with lax COVID measures/no masks. It's called viral interference, and now than COVID-19 is endemic, we are seeing a return of other respiratory viruses. This winter we'll see our typical return of the flu.

Also, aerosals can survive in air for hours (or even days) indoors in the right conditions. I never argued otherwise outside, we should've been at full capacity for football last fall. There are hypotheses that suggests there's a narrow temperature/humidity range where aerosals can hang around for days, which would explain why the virus spreads like wildfire for a month or two, then falls almost as quickly as it rises.

How much good do those water filters do when the majority of the water just goes around the filter?

Also, it is intellectually lazy to say masks are the reason the flu dissapeared this season, considering it disappeared before mask mandates were put in place, and it didn't show up in places with lax COVID measures/no masks. It's called viral interference, and now than COVID-19 is endemic, we are seeing a return of other respiratory viruses. This winter we'll see our typical return of the flu.

Also, aerosals can survive in air for hours (or even days) indoors in the right conditions. I never argued otherwise outside, we should've been at full capacity for football last fall. There are hypotheses that suggests there's a narrow temperature/humidity range where aerosals can hang around for days, which would explain why the virus spreads like wildfire for a month or two, then falls almost as quickly as it rises.
You of course are aware that now you are basing things on unproved hypothesis which you admit yourself.

Regardless of what you say the masks shrinked the distribution of the virus. Less virus out there means les contact. One one thing it is rediculous to think that the flu virus decided to take a holiday because another virus did the work which you imply. While there might have been some decline in the flu it shrinking as much as it did for as long as it did is somewhat of a miracle.

There is no way virus aerosols can hang around floating in building and homes that have air conditioning and heat. This is where most people reside and work. It could be that this is the reason the ghetto people were most affected percentage wise. AC circulate pretty completely the air in a room pretty often. They would float into light pretty quick. In fact a dark dingy warehouse might have then pmts for weeks like you say. But it would take somebody to go in the warehouse that had it to leave ,it. But even then it the guy wore a mask he wouldn’t leave as much floating around.. It would have to be in dark. areas and no light. Maybe like in a warehouse. So that’s why it is hypotheses,

You are saying that the aerosols come out the sides of the mask. That is probably true in people don’t wear it correctly and some may leak out anyway. Not arguing that. But if people wear it correctly it still recluse the volume of aerosols directly. Water don’t go around sand filters, but it does sometimes create channels. That’s why we backwash them on a schedule prevent that. That’s why you change your mask after 2-4 hours of continuous use.

You sound like someone who is rushing around to find reasons to not wear a mask because you don’t like it. It will not prevent you from getting it just cut down on your ability to transmit if you do get it. Just don’t wear the damn thing.

Good sources you provided. Facebook memes?

Oh, here's a real PhD weighing in! Doctor, please tell us how much smarter than NASA and the NOAA you are (you know, those are the scientists who contend that man-made global climate crisis is real). But I bet you want this to go away. Republicans have only fallen on their faces on this, and been consistently proven wrong, for a few decades. But we can't even get Cons to understand how Jesus didn't walk with dinosaurs, so this might be a lost cause.
You dumb ass, I’m a scientist to a small degree since I have an engineering degree and I know that there is climate change. I also know some of it is man made. But they should heed the warnings of this guy.

I don’t recall his name, but a few years ago the guy who coined the term “global warming” said he wished that he had never said it because people were running amuck with it and doing things like the Paris accord.

I also personally don’t think that you or NASA or the NOAAshoukd ignore the warnings of the Head of the Meterology Dept of esteemed Universities like Princeton and MIT who say that the amount of CO2 released by human activity could not cause the problem we see now and we need to look at the problem again. They postulated it might be due to a big increase in water vapor.

What NASA needs is more scientists working on it. NASA is a great organizations with some great scientists. But after years of work and about $2.5 B they finally launched the Hubble Telescope, but found it wouldn’t work because of a simple miscalculation on the curvature of the mirror. After a lot of brilliant thinking and a few more billions they did figure a way to fix it and make it the wonderful instrument that thrills us with information. Maybe the error in difference between the two universities and NASA on Global Warming is like that and someone needs to do more research.

But then this is the way of Dems. Bludgeon out any truths if it don’t fit the agenda.

By the way could you send me any formation you have that specifically says NASA agrees with the Paris Accord in its entirety. Mark the post for my attention.

I also personally don’t think that you or NASA or the NOAAshoukd ignore the warnings of the Head of the Meterology Dept of esteemed Universities like Princeton and MIT who say that the amount of CO2 released by human activity could not cause the problem we see now and we need to look at the problem again. They postulated it might be due to a big increase in water vapor.
Link?

NASA doesn’t take positions on such matters, but they certainly weren’t criticizing it in this release: https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2373/historic-climate-agreement-adopted-at-cop21-summit-in-paris/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT