ADVERTISEMENT

soccer enrollments ? ? ?

oreorunners_1014

Freshman
Oct 30, 2003
When looking at some shool enrollments on the IHSAA website under the soccer tab and then clicking on the soccer schools and classification button. I noticed that it seems like some schools are in the wrong classes.

Do some schools still petition to play up a class? If so, does this just and to the class instead of dropping a school out when this is done?

Some examples:
3A/2A: Sergeant Bluff Luton is a 3A soccer school at 479
While Newton is in 2A at 666?

2A/1A: Hudson at 176 and Spirit Lake/Lake Park/Okaboji at 284, South tama 320, Mt. Vernon 267 and Iowa Falls alden 319 seem like they should be in 1A?
While waterloo clumbus(333), Assumption(331), Northeast gooselake(328) Atlantic(327) and Mid-Prairie(323) all seem like they should be in 2A but are assinged 1A classifications?

Am l looking at a wrong list, just curious as to why some teams seem shuffled???

Those schools you mentioned have sharing agreements. Sergeant Bluff only has 479, but when you share the program with other schools you have to add the enrollment of those schools as well, that bumps the other schools up. Spirit Lake shares with Okoboji-Milford and Lake City or something like that.

those are already added in arent they? I was looking at basketball enrollments and seems like the soccer numbers different. dding two co-op schools bball numbers together igot the soccer number posted.

Ex:
SBL has an enrollment of 479 in soccer. in basketball they are 347 plus westwood, sloan has 132 totaling 479.
Cloumbus has 333 in soccer. in basketball they are 217 plus don bosco which is 116. that comes to the correct soccer total of 333.

It apears they have already taken that into account. other shools like spirit lake do not list a co-op school. something still seems off to me?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT