ADVERTISEMENT

So I tend to liken Bama to Mongo in Blazing Saddles,

I'm not sure yet if this team just needed a kick in the pants, or if they just aren't that good.
AL had it 1st and goal on the 3 and came away with a FG, that’s the game and there’d be no handwringing today.

I'm not sure yet if this team just needed a kick in the pants, or if they just aren't that good.
This team seems a little eeeh at times. We are good for that about once every four years or so. Then Saban adjusts The Process and it’s back to normal.

When Jim tells Sheriff Bart, “don’t shoot him, that’ll just make him mad”. Bama got shot last night.

AL had it 1st and goal on the 3 and came away with a FG, that’s the game and there’d be no handwringing today.
Reasoned, how did you not bring up the fact that Mongo is an interesting comparison for this year’s playoff race as Mongo was former Hawkeye Outland Trophy winner, Heisman runner-up, Rose Bowl champion, and 9x NFL All-Pro, Alex Karras?

Reasoned, how did you not bring up the fact that Mongo is an interesting comparison for this year’s playoff race as Mongo was former Hawkeye Outland Trophy winner, Heisman runner-up, Rose Bowl champion, and 9x NFL All-Pro, Alex Karras?
There’s only one Mongo…..

1188484105.jpeg

Excellent point and here’s an Alex Karras FB story to share. My father was a freshman on the 54 or 55 IA FB team with Karras, both played line (you had to play both ways in those days) during a drill dad gave Karras a bloody nose, not smart, shortly after Karras broke my father’s jaw, true story.

Last edited:
When Jim tells Sheriff Bart, “don’t shoot him, that’ll just make him mad”. Bama got shot last night.

Speaking of getting shot…. Which team is better??? Hell row thde

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT