ADVERTISEMENT

Semi Final Predictions

Regina pulled off the upset over #2 ranked St. Ansgar.
They’ll need to another big upset over #1 ranked Grundy Center if they are going to win their 8th State Championship.

Because I like giving you crap, CID, typical 2020 regina defense/ linebackers totally out of position after watching the replay against St Ansgar-- that team was not good based on two games i watched. Better hope they don't give up too many plays early and can't catch up. I honestly believe they are way more talented but should be a close game.

I am good with that. Don’t disagree with your assessments. Should be a good game

you and Cid are so full of crap. Stop hedging your bets. Evil and I already made our predictions. So let's play scenarios. Regina wins unless....
For example, Wick gets hurt (i would never ever wish that upon him or his family again)
Regina's linebackers play even worse than normal (probably not possible)
Quinlan drops even more wide open passes
Drew Cook gets caught in Ashtons uniform
Butch kidnaps marv and Dumont

you and Cid are so full of crap. Stop hedging your bets. Evil and I already made our predictions. So let's play scenarios. Regina wins unless....
If Grundy's defense can stop the pass. The run will be shut down if they stop the pass. If not though, it's going to be a problem. Regina will need to shut down the GC RB and have a LB shadowing the QB. I'm not sold on GC's pass offense.

If Grundy's defense can stop the pass. The run will be shut down if they stop the pass. If not though, it's going to be a problem. Regina will need to shut down the GC RB and have a LB shadowing the QB. I'm not sold on GC's pass offense.
Appreciate the response even as bland as it was.... I'd one team does this than the other team does this. Come on cedar, get this bored going. You are the only one that keeps it alive!

Regina by 14. Grundy has a very good defense - Willis is a stud! Knaack and Opheim are both a handful, but Regina just has too many ways to hurt you - especially in the dome. I know there is a lot of hype around Wick and I was skeptical, but that kid has amazing hands. He's made some awesome catches just in the playoff games I've watched. Cook has shown that not only can he throw, but he can run as well and Kolie is a powerful back that reads his blocks very well with decent speed. I give the overall athleticism nod to Regina, line strength nod to Grundy, depth nod to Regina and coaching nod to Regina.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Saint Albert clearly had more speed...they just could not handle the size up front and tackle 1 on 1. Great season falcons. My prediction is Regina by 28 or 35.

You seriously think Regina wins by 4-5 touchdowns over Grundy Center?! Regina may win, but I don't think they've seen a defense as good as GC's this season (other than 4A Pleasant Valley).

I'd think this game is more like the Regina/Wapsie score.
I'll go GC 34 Regina 28. Grundy will try to slow the game down and pound it to keep the ball in their hands as long as possible, at least that's what I think they'll do.

You seriously think Regina wins by 4-5 touchdowns over Grundy Center?! Regina may win, but I don't think they've seen a defense as good as GC's this season (other than 4A Pleasant Valley).

I'd think this game is more like the Regina/Wapsie score.
I'll go GC 34 Regina 28. Grundy will try to slow the game down and pound it to keep the ball in their hands as long as possible, at least that's what I think they'll do.

I truly do. GC is a good team. But if they are forced to pass, they will struggle. Regina will be able to score at will IMO Grundy cannot play in a shootout (even though reginas defense is bad) If regina can slow down the run then this will be a 28 point regina win If regina cannot stop the run and is forced into turnovers then it becomes a battle of who has the ball last

I don't want to pull the stats/ watch film again but anyone know how many second half points Regina's starters have given up? Can't be many. I'll credit Dumont/Mitchell for making key half time adjustments.

I truly do. GC is a good team. But if they are forced to pass, they will struggle. Regina will be able to score at will IMO Grundy cannot play in a shootout (even though reginas defense is bad) If regina can slow down the run then this will be a 28 point regina win If regina cannot stop the run and is forced into turnovers then it becomes a battle of who has the ball last
For some reason, I don't think I'll listen to your analysis this time :cool:. The GC starters have given up a total of 3 offensive touchdowns this season.

Last edited:
Reactions: HOOTOWLHOLLOW
I don't want to pull the stats/ watch film again but anyone know how many second half points Regina's starters have given up? Can't be many. I'll credit Dumont/Mitchell for making key half time adjustments.

So the linebackers are only out of position in the first half? ;)

For some reason, I don't think I'll listen to your analysis this time :cool:. The GC starters have given up a total of 3 offensive touchdowns this season.

I never said they were a bad team. They deserve to be there. They have also played a cake walk besides britt and SA. Yes they handled both, But Regina is a different Animal.

Struggle in the pass is based on what? Them only throwing it 8 times in the semis? When you rush for 423 yards you don’t need to pass. They have thrown it plenty this year for over 800 yards and 13 touchdowns. I think they will be fine.

"When you rush for 423 yards you don’t need to pass."

That's what St. Ansgar thought too.

"When you rush for 423 yards you don’t need to pass."

That's what St. Ansgar thought too.
Regina outside of Pleasant Valley, has not played a defense like GCs all year. Grundy has not played an offense like Regina's all year. GC will not beat Regina with the pass, but the broken play leading to a QB scramble could.

Regina outside of Pleasant Valley, has not played a defense like GCs all year. Grundy has not played an offense like Regina's all year. GC will not beat Regina with the pass, but the broken play leading to a QB scramble could.
I couldn't resist looking it up.
You can't really look at the season stats, because you can't tell what was against starters without looking at film. But if you take just the playoff games, Regina has Allowed 48 first half points (12/game) and 19 second half points (<5 /game)

So, I think that may speak to the adjustments on defense and/or a conditioning difference? How much of that can you attribute to line play? I think we'll see in a couple days on both points.

I really think this game could go either way, but I'll stick my neck out and say Regina 35 GC 28.

So just to clarify for everyone, it's cool if you give up 21 in the first half as long as you don't give up any in the second half because you make ADJUSTMENTS. Seriously, this train of thought is laughable.

Struggle in the pass is based on what? Them only throwing it 8 times in the semis? When you rush for 423 yards you don’t need to pass. They have thrown it plenty this year for over 800 yards and 13 touchdowns. I think they will be fine.

HA long runs broke Saint Alberts back. Due to poor tackling and simply just not being disciplined/better. But GC cannot pass. and will not be able to stop Reginas pass. Like I said no need to be all bitter. I have never seen a more sensitive fan base than Grundy's. Yikes

Also those passing stats are against poor poor teams. Saint Albert absolutely shut down the pass, and Britt did a decent job as well. If you're trying to get into a shootout with Regina you will not win. Maybe I'm wrong. Best of luck either way

HA long runs broke Saint Alberts back. Due to poor tackling and simply just not being disciplined/better. But GC cannot pass. and will not be able to stop Reginas pass. Like I said no need to be all bitter. I have never seen a more sensitive fan base than Grundy's. Yikes
I would have thought with the speed of St. Albert they would have had 5 guys on every tackle.

Sure, but they can't win that way. Most teams can't.
Most....but not all.

tenor.gif

Reactions: IGo42
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT