ADVERTISEMENT

SEISC North/South Forum

Good point!...I will admit I have not seen VB in person so you could be right (and I am wrong!) that BND is better than VB...just heard that they are very good....again back to the original post....the entire conference is way down...

I disagree that the conference is way down.

For the conference to be way down which teams do you think are significantly worse than last year?

I will say this....I'm seeing a lot of games in the south that are being decided by 30-60 point deficits. The north seems to have a little more parity.

Danville 77, Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 23
Harmony, Farmington 57, Maharishi, Fairfield 41
Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 61, WACO, Wayland 48
New London 66, Central Lee, Donnellson 60
Notre Dame, Burlington 77, West Burlington 70
Pekin 55, Louisa-Muscatine 48
Winfield-Mt. Union 71, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 47

Nike...my goodness, that is ugly, a 54 point shellacking of HTC?? Doesn't Steffensmeir have anything left in the tank down there? Nike, I'll be in town for the SCC/Indian Hills game next week for the annual "War on 34".

I'll be heading that way too. From the box scores/team record I see in the paper, the Soukups seem to be holding their own. It will be fun to watch them again. I'm curious if they have any offers to move on to the next level.

I heard that HTC best player didn't play that night. DA BEARS would won anyway just the score maybe the score might of been different.

Everyone was there for Trinity... Blake was held to 5 points.. Danville was just really good on this night. Trinity had just a horrible shooting night and Danville defended well..

I caught the game as well...Trinity had very rough night shooting until late in the game, from what I understand had several kids miss school the previous couple days due to illnesss...combination of Danville playing really well and Trinity having an off night. Trinity still a good team, aggressive, get up and down the floor, kids work very hard...I'm sure the Blake kid will be back tearing it up Tuesday night, tough player, fun to watch.

Cardinal, Eldon 72, Central Lee, Donnellson 43
Danville 76, Van Buren Community 28
Highland, Riverside 54, Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 53
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 64, West Burlington 50
Lone Tree 65, Wapello 31
Louisa-Muscatine 47, WACO, Wayland 40
New London 67, Maharishi, Fairfield 28
Notre Dame, Burlington 76, Harmony, Farmington 36
Pekin 77, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 50
Winfield-Mt. Union 66, Mediapolis 58

You have to be kidding me, Van Buren loses by 48 on their home court to Danville? Did Fred Parsons fall asleep on the bench?

Danville at VB.......76-28
VB at Danville.......72-51

I went to that game, Danville shutting down Mertens and Saunders is pretty much the story. It also helps a lot when you can bring in two big effective players off the bench to give Hoelzen and Peebler a rest. I don't think it was a fluke, holding Van Buren to 28 points on their home court is really impressive. Defensively, Danville may be turning a corner, hopefully they can keep it going.

I noticed Highland has beaten IMS twice now with both games being won by 1 point. Highland now has one game edge on IMS in the north standings. It should be interesting down the stretch in the north.

Conference leaders NORTH/SOUTH

North

Lone Tree 10-2
Highland 9-2
WMU 9-3
Iowa Menn. 8-3
L/M 6-6
Pekin 6-6
WACO 6-6
Mediapolis 3-8
Columbus 1-10
Wapello 0-12

South

Danville 11-0
Notre Dame 10-2
Van Buren 8-4
Holy Trinity 8-4
Cardinal 7-5
W. Burlington 6-6
New London 4-8
Central Lee 3-9
Harmony 2-10
Maharishi 0-11
This post was edited on 1/23 11:17 AM by mepobdog

I did not realize there were 20 teams in that conference. That is a huge number for one conference.

Actually, IMS and Highland split with each team winning a one point game. It looks like the SEISC north is pretty balanced with Highland and Lone Tree in front but several other teams in the hunt or in a position to affect the final outcome. Should be an interesting rest of the season.
This post was edited on 1/25 4:00 AM by Abner2

Danville is playing Pittsfield, Illinois at Quincy Notre Dame Saturday February 7th....1:30pm. I believe Fort Madison is playing QND later in the afternoon. Should be a good test for both.

Tigger, unfortunately yes. Hopefully they won't have to make up the earlier game with the Pioneers that was cancelled. On paper Danville should win by 100 points. I'm guessing Danville will bring the ball down court in the 4 quarter and just run through their offense for 8 minutes without taking a shot and stand with one foot in paint , hands at the waste not contesting any opponent shots.

I looked at schedule. The Danville/Maharishi game Monday night was a home make up game that was postponed earlier this year due to bad weather. Both will meet again later in Fairfield.

Central Lee, Donnellson 76, Maharishi, Fairfield 36
Danville 84, Cardinal, Eldon 36
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 72, Harmony, Farmington 35
Lone Tree 54, Highland, Riverside 47
Louisa-Muscatine 36, Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 35
Mediapolis 42, Pekin 35
West Burlington 63, New London 54
Wapello 61, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 40
Winfield-Mt. Union 39, WACO, Wayland 34

Central Lee, Donnellson 83, Harmony, Farmington 46
Danville 87, West Burlington 37
HolyTrinity Catholic, Fort Madison 80, Cardinal, Eldon 43
Highland, Riverside 66, Mediapolis 53
Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 52, Pekin 44
Lone Tree 56, Winfield-Mt. Union 55
Louisa-Muscatine 61, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 44
Notre Dame, Burlington 67, Maharishi, Fairfield 38
Van Buren Community 87, New London 57
WACO, Wayland 57, Wapello 21

A big win for Lone Tree, Highland trying to keep pace. I believe both are 13-3 in conference and Lone Tree still has to go to IMS. BND 67/Maharishi 38......has to be something wrong there. Danville is still handing out the spankings.

Nike......you making the trip Saturday to Quincy? Fort Madison/QND should be a good game too.

The two Italian kids huht I assume you are talking about Jeff and Jack. Jack ain't much of a player just garbage points. But Jeff was missed. But Maha played a good game.

No, I will be staying put and heading to the Mediapolis-Notre Dame girls game even though the Larson girl probably won't be playing for Mepo. It should be an interesting collision between the two top ranked teams. #1 against #1

I'll be there as well. Actually, on paper, it will be a 3A school playing a 3A school despite the difference in enrollment. I see Larson has returned the line up earlier this week and Mepo will be at full strength at BND Saturday night.
This post was edited on 2/5 9:14 AM by mepobdog

Who really cares unless you are from Danville. But hey good for them

This post was edited on 2/8 7:02 AM by rogerfrank

It was a southeast Iowa sweep at the "Pit" in Quincy......Danville over Pittsfield, Fort Madison over QND and Keokuk over Payson. WGEM has all the highlights.

Does anyone have the conference shootout matchups?/venues? I heard Danville will be playing Lone Tree at SCC this Friday. Confirm?

Matchups will not be finalized until after Tuesdays games. All games will be at North teams. I suppose It is possible they move the Lone Tree /Danville game to SCC but have not heard that for sure.

Originally posted by wpdrunk:
It was a southeast Iowa sweep at the "Pit" in Quincy......Danville over Pittsfield, Fort Madison over QND and Keokuk over Payson. WGEM has all the highlights.
That's cold blooded, man, telling people to go to WGEM for the KHQA shootout highlights!

Great night for Southeast Iowa basketball! It will be fun to see what these teams can do in the tournament.

That's because KHQA has not posted Saturday's KHQA Superfan Shootout highlights on their website yet. Still waiting.

Danville sort of special that way. Or dye the #1 seeds always play there. If so not much of home court advantage for north teams.
This post was edited on 2/9 7:56 PM by rogerfrank

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT