ADVERTISEMENT

SEISC North/South Forum

IMS, Lone Tree and Highland look to be the teams to beat with Winfield and Mediapolis much improved.. Pekin appears to be trying to find itself after getting hit by graduation..L&M will be a dangerous team as they have also improved and Waco has a couple young players that will have to be dealt with.. Wapello continues to try to rebuild and Col Junction seems to have athletes but struggles in basketball.. Should be interesting in the North Division.

The South Division likely will come down to Van Buren and Danville. Danville has beaten Notre Dame and Holy Trinity, two teams usually in the top four or so.. Notre Dame beat West Burlington last night and Van Buren and Holy Trinity play tonight at Van Buren. West Burlington returns alot of players and has some transfer to help after Christmas. After next week the South will give the teams a look at who are the teams to beat

1. Danville will make it 6 years in row...Super Conference Champs.
2. Harmony and Maharishi should call it quits.
3. Fred Parsons(Van Buren) and Hilmer(WACO) need to retire.

I thought Harmony tried to leave conference and move to the Bluegrass conference. And I will say I watched both and there doesn't seem to be any quit in either team when they play.

Danville took care of business at home with Van Buren 72-51. It appears they are in the driver's seat to run the table in the south. Add another 20 wins to Laffoon's win column.

Maybe not if u are referring to a State Championship.. but then again they have a 1 in 154 chance

Pittsfield should give Laffoon and company all the want. Playing in a somewhat weak conference really doesn't prepare you much. Doubt Fairfield public has much this year either.

Sort of sounds like a Cub fan there's always next year. But wish em well in every game but two. They got some real good kids on team who just happen to be real good ball players too.

Central Lee, Donnellson 64, Maharishi, Fairfield 25
Danville 76, Cardinal, Eldon 33
Highland, Riverside 51, Lone Tree 50
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 78, Harmony, Farmington 22
Louisa-Muscatine 43, Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 36
Notre Dame, Burlington 56, Van Buren Community 48
West Burlington 66, New London 54
Winfield-Mt. Union 49, WACO, Wayland 42

That would be an interesting matchup this year if it is scheduled. Fairfield versus Fairfield Maharishi.

Originally posted by NikeAngel:

Central Lee, Donnellson 64, Maharishi, Fairfield 25
Danville 76, Cardinal, Eldon 33
Highland, Riverside 51, Lone Tree 50
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 78, Harmony, Farmington 22
Louisa-Muscatine 43, Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 36
Notre Dame, Burlington 56, Van Buren Community 48
West Burlington 66, New London 54
Winfield-Mt. Union 49, WACO, Wayland 42
Yikes!? When was the last time IMS and LT lost on the same night? Or more interesting, when was the last time L-M beat IMS?! Back in the MTXE years, maybe?

Central Lee, Donnellson 83, Harmony, Farmington 15
Danville 77, West Burlington 55
Highland, Riverside 67, Mediapolis 49
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 68, Cardinal, Eldon 40
Lone Tree 67, Winfield-Mt. Union 52
Louisa-Muscatine 42, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 26
Notre Dame, Burlington 73, Maharishi, Fairfield 12
Pekin 53, Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 48
Van Buren Community 69, New London 46
WACO, Wayland 55, Wapello 29

Tigg, according to the schedule Maharishi plays Danville twice after the first of the year. Ouch.

And that was without ND's best player either and the of the starte tee s playing less than half the game.

Cardinal, Eldon 53, New London 51
Danville 101, Central Lee, Donnellson 42
West Burlington 81, Maharishi, Fairfield 32
Notre Dame, Burlington 71, Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 64 (OT)
Van Buren Community 76, Harmony, Farmington 19
Mediapolis 57, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 31
This post was edited on 1/7 2:21 AM by NikeAngel

I attended BND/HTC, a very entertaining game. . NIkes go on a 12-5 run in overtime to put out the fire. HTC is always a tough place to play.

I know I'm a little bit out of the loop living in CR, but how does Danville put up 101 on Central Lee? Is the conference that messed up in the south? It's hard for me to believe a 2A school like Central Lee with a great tradition in boy's basketball is falling into a weekly lopsided losing rut. I know Danville has a lot of talent and Soukups are long gone.....but.really, a 59 point loss? Massive flu bug in Donnellson?
This post was edited on 1/7 11:50 AM by b1e9a8r2s

Central Lee has little talent...Danville is loaded...have about 7 players that can play. Will make a run in 1A.

This post was edited on 1/8 10:01 AM by Bulldog198240

Danville is loaded again this year and maybe next year too. Central Lee is as little lite on talent but not heart. Also The Crusaders gave the Nikes all they could handle. David Erhart played a heck of a game.

Danville 83, Harmony, Farmington 24
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 55, Central Lee, Donnellson 37
Louisa-Muscatine 49, Wapello 16
Lone Tree 50, Pekin 47
Notre Dame, Burlington 69, New London 58
Van Buren Community 82, Maharishi, Fairfield 21
WACO, Wayland 50, Columbus Community, Columbus Junction 45
West Burlington 73, Cardinal, Eldon 58

It appears the twins are still playing for Danville. A lot of points being put up on the scoreboard.

Mr Pleasant's 4 freshman just put a 35 point whooping on Central Lee....and it could have been worse iif they had kept starters in 4th qtr.....other than Danville /Van Buren this conference is down

This post was edited on 1/10 6:47 PM by Bulldog198240

Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 47, WACO, Wayland 37
Iowa Mennonite, Kalona 67, Lone Tree 61
Mount Pleasant 71, Central Lee, Donnellson 33
New London 83, Wapello 46

Notre Dame is 8 n 2 lost to Da Bears and Ft. Madison Bloodhound beat Van Buren at their place too. So I guess Bulldog198240 8 n 2 is a down year so far than.But they do play Da Bears at Fr. Minnet tomorrow nite.

8-2 playing a bunch of weak teams....not sure if you've seen them play, I have....other than Xavier Williams and Giameanti(sp?)...not much talent....now having said that , with the weak conference they can do some damage with those 2 players.....and again I said the conference as a whole was weak other than Danville-Van Buren...I mistakenly left off BND, but they have yet to beat anyone that has any talent

This post was edited on 1/12 7:38 PM by Bulldog198240

This post was edited on 1/12 9:38 PM by Bulldog198240

It will be a packed house at Father Minet tonight. Boy's game should be a decent game. As far as the girls game, the Tri-County All Stars should beat Danville by no less than 50 points.

Danville 77, Notre Dame, Burlington 64
Holy Trinity Catholic, Fort Madison 79, New London 78
Van Buren Community 65, Central Lee, Donnellson 36
WACO, Wayland 59, Mediapolis 45
West Burlington 84, Harmony, Farmington 38
Winfield-Mt. Union 58, Pekin 53

Yuup Da Bears whooped Notre Dame again last night. But using your logic Bulldog 198240 and seeing that all three teams pretty much play the same teams just who the heck has Da Bears beat that are so much better. And Danville has a weak what 10 n 0 record right. And have seen them play and for tg ge most part it is just Jeff and Xavior. Ferguson and Hosckek can score too but inconsistent. Danville is good they got good kids and better coaching than Notre Dame. Wish em well for rest of season. One more thing you seem to think Van Buren has talent and Notre Dame beat them on their court. So are you wrong or right when you imply that Van Buren has talent but the weak Notre Dame team beat them.

This post was edited on 1/14 9:27 AM by rogerfrank

This post was edited on 1/14 7:33 AM by rogerfrank

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT