ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment Classifications

All is forgiven good sir. How is your program managing the weight room during all this madness. Do you know if your kids have at home program they've been given to try and continue to make strides?? Just curious. Our school seems to be really struggling with this issue now and how to go about it
We actually have been doing a upgrade with our weight room right now so I can honestly say I’m not sure how this Shut down is affecting us. I am sure our coaches have them on some type of work outs right now and if not our track coach I guarantee has them getting some type of workouts in right now even if football isn’t which is fine. I’m curious how this off season going to affect teams this fall. I think traditional powers that have programs already in place for players will have a huge advantage this fall. Teams with coaches with a lot of experience also should help getting kids up to speed quicker on shorter time. This whole shut down stuff got me slacking on keeping up lol

Reactions: falconfanx3
Expensive in football terminology generally means a play a lot of practice time must be devoted to to become good at it.

I must admit the "complexity of jet sweep" is not a discussion I ever expected to develop on this board...

Expensive in football terminology generally means a play a lot of practice time must be devoted to to become good at it.

I must admit the "complexity of jet sweep" is not a discussion I ever expected to develop on this board...

I bet those pesky private schools are good at it with those big budgets! HAHA jk just a joke. Little humor on april fools day

Because of the timing and the angles. Not complex, but like the poster it can be a little expensive to install at first. There is nothing complex really to it.

Jet sweep works just like any other play. It is about the jimmys and the joes and getting your playmakers the ball where they can succeed.

Why would something that is not complex take a lot of time to practice?

This is my take as I'm not sure all of us are even defining "complex" the same way. If you draw up a jet sweep play (I'm not including a QB read or RPO element here) it's literally one of the simplest plays in football. The OL reach blocks, possibly pulling a playside guard, while the skill guys either crack block or block the first defender over them. The ball carrier simply gets outside the end man on the line of scrimmage and finds daylight.

However, this play then becomes "expensive" because of the number of reps it takes for the QB and motioning WR to get the timing right plus whatever fakes and misdirection the coach adds for the other skill players.

Only 2 pages? Hell it seems more like 10! I’d like to see how much bantering would take place over the nuances of the QB sneak, probably good for a page or two...in the “Realignment Classifications” thread.:confused:

Reactions: Pinehawk
Perhaps I need to understand the definition of ‘complex’, any help?

Or maybe some experts on here could share what they think is complex in football? I realize it is far easier to attempt to discredit others opinions but perhaps setting some criteria would be helpful for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Not at the kids but keep twisting I’m so done with you and hope everyone else is also. My last post to you is now. For as ignorant and arrogant you are and acting like you know it all and not coming from a school with high success is what would be funny to me. Why would I listen to you spill your non sense when you don’t know what it takes to be successful at the high school level but yet you know it all? That’s what would be funny.
Because whether or not a jet sweep is complex and the success of a high school football program is, unlike your parents, completely unrelated.

Only 2 pages? Hell it seems more like 10! I’d like to see how much bantering would take place over the nuances of the QB sneak, probably good for a page or two...in the “Realignment Classifications” thread.:confused:

Don't even get me started on the complexity of a qb sneak...don't do you dare, don't do it

Because whether or not a jet sweep is complex and the success of a high school football program is, unlike your parents, completely unrelated.

shhhh your parent's have not let you out of timeout yet Roberto. please go back to the table and do not respond until you finish your vegetables. The grown ups are talking and have moved on past your pettiness.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
All good fun lately (boredom is setting in bad for us all) imagine the good banter a Preps message board BBQ would entail. no names, just a sticker with your message board name.

That would probably go well...
womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

"you said it was complex"
"I said it was expensive"
Heard there were public school PIs scouting private schools to see if they were holding practices during the "SIP". Public school folks alleging that the private schools were buying out all of the masks and Gloves akin to the ball dryers. It never ends.

Heard there were public school PIs scouting public schools to see if they were holding practices during the "SIP". Public school folks alleging that the private schools were buying out all of the masks and Gloves akin to the ball dryers. It never ends.
P.S. not sure who paid for the public schools to buy the iPads to video these illegal practices. I do hope they keep them for football season though so they can do in game video adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT