ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Next Year

What the heck, a quick copy and paste - with 56 in Class 3A the bottom school would be (a multiplier-adjusted) Des Moines Christian (275 adjusted), with the biggest 2A school now Sioux Center (273) and the smallest among West Central Valley, West Branch, Sibley-Ocheydan, and Bellevue (183).

(I edited this post because I realized my math was way off with an earlier complaint about having too many teams left between 1A and A ... it's actually just 88, which is easy doable for two classes.)

Appreciate the breakdown. The one thing hanging in the air that could impact the bigger 3A schools is the potential for an economic multiplier being reviewed this fall mostly due to the inability of the DM Metro schools to be able to compete with the DM Suburbs.

KCCI did a story on this and claim that it has some legs and given some consideration. Not really sure what would be the gain if schools like East, North, Lincoln, Hoover, and Roosevelt would be allowed to drop to 3A at the expense of some larger 3A schools getting bumped to 4A and slaughtered by the likes of Ankeny(s), Johnston, Waukee, Urbandale, Valley, and Dowling.

I believe Lewis Central will be 3A in all boy's sports soon- that will really help their boy's basketball team- although the road to state will run thru Harlan, Glenwood, and some emerging teams around DM. Not to mention SBL and Heelan- if they can get back on track. No gimmies for sure.

I remember Heelan just pounding people in hoops, always in the mix, are the people in that area just moving South to SBL??

What about basketball?? They( Heelan) have owned NW Iowa forever( with the exception of MOC-Floyd Valley) I watched an AAU tournament this summer and saw some kid from Le Mars drop 40 points on a very salty team from Omaha. Drecman maybe?? That kid and team is going to be a handful.

Lots of new faces; some really great athletes. Coach Jansen being back should help. Just have to wait and see.

They play at SC East Friday.
yup, having coach jensen is a positive...wonder what happen to his college job he previously had at moringside? that is harlans coach bladt alta mater

Last edited:
morningside college where jensen coach, wow, expensive school to attend...$31,000 a yr....ouch....that is where harlans coach bladt attended

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT