ADVERTISEMENT

POST YOUR GAME'S SCORES

Norwalk was definitely the better team last night. The game wasn't a blowout by no means. Newton played hard the entire game, and there was no real smack talk. The ref wasn't good, but it was both ways. All of Norwalk's goals were well-earned, and Newton's goal was a nice followup on a shot our goalie couldn't hold on to.

Norwalk pretty much clinched the conference beating Pella, Newton, PC, Grinnell, Boone, and Knoxville and having Osky and South Tama left to play. The Pella and Newton game should be pretty interesting.. Moose, make sure you watch the varsity game on that one to give some good details on the game.

This post was edited on 4/28 6:20 PM by NrwlkGrassFerryif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ight man. i did think that call before the last goal was bogus though. oh well, it wouldn't have mattered anyways. i just didnt watch the beginning because i was hungry. though in other news, if the newton jv wins against pella on tuesday, we'll have clinched the conference.

Pella 9 Oskaloosa 0

Tuesday should be a good game @ Newton. Pella has outscored their opponents 28-1 so far in 5 games but we've only played one quality team in Norwalk. lol, even the JV game should be a good one, with both being undefeated. Too bad we have to play Perry Monday though.

Congrats to Norwalk on winning the conference

well burlington lost to musctatine and now u are 3-1 and haven't beaten a quality team yet....only quality team u played was muscatine and u lost so..

Originally posted by QuincyG:
Pella 9 Oskaloosa 0

Tuesday should be a good game @ Newton. Pella has outscored their opponents 28-1 so far in 5 games but we've only played one quality team in Norwalk. lol, even the JV game should be a good one, with both being undefeated. Too bad we have to play Perry Monday though.

Congrats to Norwalk on winning the conference
our jv has only given up 3 goals this year. our defense i must say is pretty good. tuesday should be a great game.

we've had games vs. Ottumwa, DCG, and Perry all cancelled (our entire nonconference so far) and the Urbandale Tournament this past weekend too

why was the Urbandale tournament cancelled? Do you know who else was supposed to be in the tournament? It looks like Urbandale played Ankeny and Hoover this weekend, so they didn't cancel all their games.
This post was edited on 4/30 3:24 PM by nhssoccerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

urbandale called our school early friday and said the tournament was cancelled because there was no way the fields would be dry for saturday. I don't understand why they didn't just wait and see if they would dry first. Teams scheduled to play were Pella, Urbandale, Perry, Denison, Ankeny, I think Lewis Central and a few others?

Pella 2 Perry 1 (1OT)
Perry had a chance to win the game with a penalty kick about 3 minutes into the overtime and missed, and we scored a couple of minutes later. Perry is a very quick team and had way to many one on ones for my liking!

PC- 4
Grinnell - 3

QuincyG, I know what you mean by the bountiful one on ones, but that is how Perry plays their game.

J.V.
Newton: 3
Pella: 0

This pretty much seals the conference title for newton. still two games left against pc and south tama. Newton scored 19 seconds into the game tonight.

Varsity
Newton: 1
Pella: 2 2OT

Very competitive game tonight. From what i saw, the game winning goal was very nice. I still can't believe that it went in. It went right over doedens head. good game and good luck the rest of the year.

Burlington - 3 Davenport West - 2 (2OT)
Burlington played terrible and was down 1-0 at half..Came out strong in the 2nd half and put the game away in OT

BHS 6-2 (4-1 MAC) travel to Bettendorf Thursday..

ns_lancer...how's North Scott this year?? I know you guys beat Muscatine..
This post was edited on 5/2 11:57 AM by BHSoccer03if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Burlington 0 Bettendorf 5

Ref gave Bett. 3 Penatly Kicks..4th goal came when left back was out with cheap yellow card...scoreline was misleading to how the game was played, but Bettendorf did dominate the game...Bett. hands down favorite to win the MAC..

BHS 6-3 overall (4-2 MAC) host Dav. Central tues.

April 30 at creighton's morrison staduim-Glenwood 4 Harlan 0
Tuesday May 1-Glenwood 3 Souix City North 1

Waverly Tourney May 5
glenwood 7 west debeuque(?) 0
glenwood 0 decorah 1-decorah won in shootout on 7th kicker
glenwood 2 waverly 1

Norwalk 15
South Tama 0

No, Norwalk didn't leave in their top attacking players in the whole game to run up the score. I believe 11 different players scored including all 4 seniors on their senior night and JV players. The win resulted in Norwalk's 5th consecutive conference title; 3rd outright.

did i read that right that Glenwood played Dubuque?
if my geography is right, they're on opposite borders of the state..
how bout that for a bus ride?

Suburbans are wonderful! 4 hours 15 minutes. The ride home was even more fun because of the tornado activity and rain in Western Iowa
This post was edited on 5/10 12:34 PM by VLADIMERif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

J.V.
Newton: 11
South Tama: 0

Undefeated season for the jv

Varsity
Newton: 3
South Tama: 0

Played like crap the whole game. would have been a guaranteed loss if it were against a better opponent.

Pella: 1
Knoxville: 0

Pella scored early and dominated the game/possession. There were about 30 shots, but Knoxville set up a brick wall of people around the goal. Knoxville only had about two decent looks on goal. Shay Phillips from Knoxville got injured with about 20 minutes left in the game and I believe went to the hospital. No word on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT