ADVERTISEMENT

POST YOUR GAME'S SCORES

scrimmages:
Cedar Falls v. Hudson 1-0
Cedar Falls v. Columbus 3-2 heard cf had an own goal
This post was edited on 3/28 1:18 PM by FriedChicken09if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Originally posted by tigermasta71:
I heard Southeast Polk scrimmaged Bondurant at Southeast Polk?? Anyone know anything about that?
Yes, Bondurant-Farrar scrimmaged SEP.. If they would have kept score Bondurant would have won 3-1.

Thanks FANattic. Was it close or were there fluke goals? Is Bondurant really good enough to beat teams like that?

SEP scored first with Sowder (sp?) scoring on a break away. Couple minutes later Bondurant tied it with a pretty nice shot, the kid who scored first for Bondurant was Brian Hemping who is a great athlete, and this is his first year playing high school soccer. So it was tied 1-1 at half. In the 2nd half Brandon Cook took over for B-F and scored on a PK, and then assisted on a nice cross which was finished with a diving header, can't remember who it was that scored B-F's third goal w/ the head. And then late in the game SEP was awarded a PK but Sowder shot it wide left.

One of B-F's best players Mark Feld hurt his ankle in the middle of the first half and never returned, in fact I think he might have gotten taken to the doctor. But they seemed to be okay even with his absence. Overall though the BlueJays seemed to be the better team. They'll be challeneged this year in their conference though by the likes of Gilbert and DMC who had very solid young teams last year.

I know Cook and Feld personally.. and both are solid players for Bondurant. Cook is a very good attacking player, and should probably be looked at this year for some All-State recognition.. I don't know anything else about Bondurant's team.. but I think their answer to success, according to last year, is playing a much tougher schedule. 1 loss last year is very impressive (one of the top in the state).. but the 1st round of playoffs is the wrong one to lose. FANattic, do you know who Bondurant's tougher opponents are this year? Also, do you think they look better, worse, or equal compared to last year's team?

Actually I haven't seen their whole schedule so I'm really not sure if they have any tough non-conference games. Last year they played Gladbrook-Reinbeck when B-F was ranked 8th and G-R was ranked 6th.. The Jays ended up winning 2-1.

As for the team in general last year they started 8 seniors, so it'll be tough for them to fill all the positions with experienced players. From what I saw out of them at their scrimmage at SEP is that they're very scrappy, and seem to work well together as a team. As of right now I'd say last years team was quite a bit better, but my opinion of that may change as the season moves forward.

Isnt there a Xavier tournament or something this weekend?
This post was edited on 4/4 1:49 PM by SailorSoccer#1if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

#2 Norwalk @ #6 ADM scrimmage last thursday..

Norwalk 3, ADM 0

Game was played with 2 25 minute periods.
Norwalk scored off of a rebound, a header off of a set piece, and a diving header off of a corner. ADM had one scoring chance that skimmed off of the left bar. ADM played without a few starters and Norwalk played without one.

There was a PK shootout after the game for fun. Each team had 6 shoot, and the final was 5-4 Norwalk. Obviously didn't mean much, but was good to practice and lose any jitters a player might have going into a shootout that might mean something.

Spencer 3
Storm Lake 1
This post was edited on 4/3 10:29 AM by SLP-O-8if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Freshman:
Newton: 5
Ames: 2

J.V.:
Newton: 2
Ames: 1

Varsity:

Newton: 1

Ames: 3
This post was edited on 4/3 11:17 PM by Moose_31if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Mount Vernon vs North Scott 4-2 I would also like to comment on how well of a field North Scott has. It is by far the best field Ive seen and probably better than the fields in Des Moines used for State

north scott upsets muscatine in a shoot out
and thanks about our field...i believe it it is def. the best field in the state and close to the top in the nation

Moose.. lookin' at the pics. you have goin there.. I'd say you'll like our new longsleeved all black jerseys. They're pretty sick.. Not sure if you'll see them this year, but if you do you're very lucky.

We play you the 27th at newton... so if they're the away jerseys, then yes. we will see them

if a fort madison team makes the state tournament again this year...UGH!

looks like the public school snuck past burlington and the private catholic holy trinity school got smoked by burlington. how does burlington look this year? please keep posting scores for the ft. maddy teams. and please dont let them make state again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT