ADVERTISEMENT

POST YOUR GAME'S SCORES

Burlington-3 Davenport Assumtpion-2....(BHS 3-1 PKs)...Burlington played with just 8 field players after being hit with 2 reds...down 2-1 with 4 minutes remaining...2-0 MAC

Ft. Madison won their game last night I believe...still undefeated??

J.V.
Newton: 4
Knoxville: 0

Varsity
Newton: 10
Knoxville: 1

Newton scored 2 within the first couple minutes. I missed the knoxville goal, but shortly after an argued newton goal, a knoxville guy knocked over jordan ray #5 (left) and gave the knoxville guy a red card on the spot. It was all downhill from there.

dont worry ft. maddy wont make it to state this year, they will lose to either danville or ims, beat danville 4-2 earlier in year but bad weather and goalie had ball slip right between hands twice, they havent played ims yet but they're a tough team

GrassFerry,

Heard you dominated Grinnell but that they hung pretty tough with you until about the 84 minute mark.

norwalk plays respectable football. at least they arent alot of golfers out there trying to hurt people like the grinnell soccer program. norwalk football struggles year in and year out due to not very many people going out for it. no one is huge at norwalk either. grinnell doesnt have soccer players, they have football players that wear soccer jerseys... that is not respectable. i cant even count the number of fingers on my hands for players from norwalk that have had their seasons ended by ridiculous "football like" futbol.

first of all, only 1 starter for the soccer team plays football. We support our football team because they work hard, it's just their talent isn't as good as teams like Grinnell. The Grinnell soccer team plays very dirty.. that's what I meant by not very respectable.

Quite a few of them do.
This post was edited on 4/22 9:23 PM by clyde_williamsif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Six of our varsity starters play football. One being an all state defensive end. That's not counting bench players and jv.

Grinnell does have eight or nine who play football starting for varsity soccer. Football players participate in all four spring sports there. I'm skeptical of the correlation of football to foul play. Grinnell does not play soccer (you read that judgemental factor above) with the finess of the talented bunch from Norwalk; their summer training, which they do not have to apologize for, is devoted to strength conditioning as opposed to year around soccer involvement. Are there stats available showing accumulation of yellow and red cards, for a season, by team? Just how many injured Norwalk players has Grinnell been responsible for?
This post was edited on 4/22 1:55 PM by clyde_williamsif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

i remember one of the norwalk players [not mentioning his name] that now plays for WDM Dowling Catholic... man, if only we had him for the rest of the 2005 season. its a shame he got taken out @ grinell.

I really am sorry to hear that, but injuries do occur in athletic contests.

How was the young man injured, from a clip, a facemask, an illegal block below the waist, a tackle out-of-bounds or just a simple "roughing the kicker"?

as a neutral fan i saw a talented norwalk group that wasnt playing to their potential and an athletic grinnell squad that was out there to foul instead of score. they were a lot better at fouling. the norwalk players were trying to avoid the hacking so the college coaches recruiting them will still consider them to play for their school in the years to come. they were smart enough to get out of the way when a very soccer uncoordinated '4 sport athlete' came charging at the ball with no intent to win the ball and his only intent was to kick the player in the knees.

grinnell needs to stick to football and basketball where they are respected for how they play the game and their dominance in 3A and let the warriors get in and out of their soccer field w/o an injury.

If i had to list one team that takes people out more than any other it would definitely be Grinnell. Last year some kid slides from behind not even going for the ball and took out one of our starters for most of the rest of the season. It really needs to stop

as a player, they were pretty nice kids when i played against them this year. i was up against montgomery and he didn't talk crap at all. we had a nice conversation. that's pretty much how their whole team was from what i saw. nothing really physical except our goalie taking out one of their players and giving them a pk

mostly slidetackles from behind and ridiculous crap when they are losing by close to double digits... in soccer!

in 2004, i actually got "Wrapped up" in a tackle looking thing by a grinnell kid. we had it on tape and it was funny as hell to watch that during film review.

I hear that Cf lost to Decorah 1-0, and cf played with 10 players most of the game from a red card and 2 of their starters didnt play. Is decorah really that good?

Really and what player weren't playing from CF
This post was edited on 4/24 9:49 PM by a-buckshotif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Burlingotn - 4 Clinton - 1

BHS 5-1 overall (3-0 MAC) Host Muscatine tomorrow...

Should BHS crack the 2A Rankings with a win tomorrow to go 6-1 (4-0 conference) ?????????

Haven't played either team yet...before last night Clinton hadn't trailed the entire season, and 4-1 is a pretty decisive win...Assumption is always a tough game...North is, well...North...last i saw the rankings a few weeks ago PV was ranked 6th at 0-3 i believe??? just seeing if 6-1 was a little better then 0-3...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT