ADVERTISEMENT

Pops, the InterStim X did not work for me. Most painful two weeks hooked up temporarily. The last day I

mobala_tiger62

Varsity
May 29, 2001
had to self-catheterize 11 times. Took it off last Wednesday and still not recovered. I don't think it's meant for someone in third phase kidney failure and taking 40mg Lasix. Only passed 25ml urine right after the surgery and no more in two weeks..

God bless my wife as she got very little sleep. My Yorkie would follow me into the bathroom and when it got too painful I'd call my wife and he'd run down the hallway barking until she came to help me. I cursed that deviled device and was happy to get rid of it. I know my crotch is.

I am tied back to the bag...Oh Well, I tried...

had to self-catheterize 11 times. Took it off last Wednesday and still not recovered. I don't think it's meant for someone in third phase kidney failure and taking 40mg Lasix. Only passed 25ml urine right after the surgery and no more in two weeks..

God bless my wife as she got very little sleep. My Yorkie would follow me into the bathroom and when it got too painful I'd call my wife and he'd run down the hallway barking until she came to help me. I cursed that deviled device and was happy to get rid of it. I know my crotch is.

I am tied back to the bag...Oh Well, I tried...
Well first, sorry my elderly auburn brother. Failure rate for sacral neuromod is higher than a lot of implants.

Not sure on kidney failure, but if you have any sort of obstruction, prostate enlargement, stress incontinence, pacemaker… not a good candidate for Interstim.

They could probably up that Lasix, especially if you’re having some edema.

Well first, sorry my elderly auburn brother. Failure rate for sacral neuromod is higher than a lot of implants.

Not sure on kidney failure, but if you have any sort of obstruction, prostate enlargement, stress incontinence, pacemaker… not a good candidate for Interstim.

They could probably up that Lasix, especially if you’re having some edema.
They upped it to 40mg. My Nephrologist and Internist monitor it religiously. If it is more, I'd piss the Mississippi River daily.

Guess I'm going to opt for the permanent catheter and get this device out of my pecker. I've had one since 10/26/22. At least if my bladder recovers. we can close it up. Leg bags are a PIA, but necessary.

I have watched more YouTube and Netflix that last eight months to last a lifetime.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
They upped it to 40mg. My Nephrologist and Internist monitor it religiously. If it is more, I'd piss the Mississippi River daily.

Guess I'm going to opt for the permanent catheter and get this device out of my pecker. I've had one since 10/26/22. At least if my bladder recovers. we can close it up. Leg bags are a PIA, but necessary.

I have watched more YouTube and Netflix that last eight months to last a lifetime.
Are you swelling? Specifically in your ankles.

Are you swelling? Specifically in your ankles.
If I skip the Lasix, yes. I am limiting my sodium to 1500-1600 mg/day. Tough to do. Also am diabetic, so If anything I eat taste good, I spit it out.

I am fighting congestive heart failure (35%), third stage kidney failure, had two strokes in the last year and diabetes. Had my chest cracked twice, quadruple bypass and valve repair. Didn't mind the bypass as I went back to work in 13 days and charged on with life. The mitral valve repair kicked my ass.

My young friend, you gotta be strong to be old. That's why I worry about Bill_D.

Last edited:
As you know, any chronic disease with vital organs is serious. But stage 3 is manageable. And it sounds like your priority is your kidneys which makes the most sense because everything you described starts there.

CHF- kidney failure creates circulation issues causing the heart to pump harder. And your risk for valve problems increases a shitload because of your diabetes. So does atherosclerosis and aortic stenosis.

Stroke- chances increase drastically in patients with kidney failure, but inversely a stroke can cause kidney failure.

Blood pressure management starts in the kidneys too.

So please follow whatever instructions you’re getting from the nephrologist.

As you know, any chronic disease with vital organs is serious. But stage 3 is manageable. And it sounds like your priority is your kidneys which makes the most sense because everything you described starts there.

CHF- kidney failure creates circulation issues causing the heart to pump harder. And your risk for valve problems increases a shitload because of your diabetes. So does atherosclerosis and aortic stenosis.

Stroke- chances increase drastically in patients with kidney failure, but inversely a stroke can cause kidney failure.

Blood pressure management starts in the kidneys too.

So please follow whatever instructions you’re getting from the nephrologist.
Hell, I have a Nephrologist. a Neurologist, a Cardiologist, two Urologists, a Dermatologist (had a Melanoma removed 6 years ago) and an Internist for my GP. Hell, I have more "ologists" than the dictionary. Their biggest concern is my kidneys. I have blood tests every ninety days from one of them.

Gotta get my head MRI'd as had another small stroke about a month ago. Screwed my typing up.

Enough of this sh^t, I'm ready for some football. Looks like the good Lord may be giving me another season.

Hell, I have a Nephrologist. a Neurologist, a Cardiologist, two Urologists, a Dermatologist (had a Melanoma removed 6 years ago) and an Internist for my GP. Hell, I have more "ologists" than the dictionary. Their biggest concern is my kidneys. I have blood tests every ninety days from one of them.

Gotta get my head MRI'd as had another small stroke about a month ago. Screwed my typing up.

Enough of this sh^t, I'm ready for some football. Looks like the good Lord may be giving me another season.
Hang around a little longer. Next time I’m over that way, I’ll buy you a beer and let you tell me stories about when you fought in the Civil War.

I’ll trade your urinary tract for 2-3 of my nerve plexus… sciatic neuralgia now .. I can barely walk. You would beat me in a foot race.

Get well buddy… you got another 6-6 season to look forward to. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT