ADVERTISEMENT

Well, I went to the grocery store (Publix) today for the fist time in in nine months and was shocked to see

mobala_tiger62

Varsity
May 29, 2001
some of the items on my list not there. Had my mouth set on some strawberry flavored cream cheese for my morning bagel/English muffin. The assistant manager told me that the cream cheese was delivered for the first time in quite a while and did not last through the day. He just shook his head.

Choice ribeye steaks are up $5.00/lb. Normally buy prime beef from Costco, but that trip was off the books. My bride had toe surgery and struggled around the store with me. There were shelves that were cleaned off, especially store brand items. Cereal was hit pretty hard.

At least I got to drive for the first time in many months. Didn't hit anything.

I prefer Publix to Kroger but have had better luck finding what I need at Kroger.

Congrats on the drive. My grandma drove until she was 88, died at 89. Never had a wreck or ticket. Hope you have the same luck and get to see Saban win 8 more titles.

What the hell are you doing going to Publix…y’all got Winn Dixie!!

Last edited:
What the hell are you doing going to Publix…y’all got Winn Dixie!!
Publix > Winn Dixie. Besides, my kid gave us $ 400.00 in gift certificates and Publix is three blocks from my house. Winn Dixie is about 3 miles away, in a not so good neighborhood and it takes a long time to check out.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Publix > Winn Dixie. Besides, my kid gave us $ 400.00 in gift certificates and Publix is three blocks from my house. Winn Dixie is about 3 miles away, in a not so good neighborhood and it takes a long time to check out.
Yeah just giving you the business, Publix has taken over the south like HyVee has taken over the Midwest. Haven’t noticed shortages as of yet, price increases?..oh hell yeah

Yeah just giving you the business, Publix has taken over the south like HyVee has taken over the Midwest. Haven’t noticed shortages as of yet, price increases?..oh hell yeah
You guys have Meijer in your area?

Nope, just HyVee, ALDI’s and Target/Wally World superstores
ALDI is opening a few stores here and the county across the bay as well as a distribution center. Thee are some in other parts of the state including tuscalooser.

Publix has captured my wife as the stores are easy to get around in and the staff is so damned nice. I kind of prefer the Rouses (New Orleans based chain) markets. More cajun food goodies....Fresher seafood.

She uses a neighborhood market and it does not have the variety, or stock, as the super stores.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT