ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Championship Game Predictions & Discussion

D

Dusty

10 of 12

Incredible that 10 of Troy's 12 games are broadcasts this season. Perhaps it's a sign of the good things on the horizon.

Opponent Time TV Status

Sept. 1, 2012 at UAB 11:00 am Fox College Sports
Sept. 8, 2012 Louisiana-Laf. 6:00 pm ESPN360
Sept. 15, 2012 Miss. State 6:00 pm ESPN360
Sept. 22, 2012at North Texas 6:00 pm ESPN360
Sept. 29, 2012at South Alabama 2:30 pm Sun Belt Network
Oct. 11, 2012Western Kentucky 6:30 pm ESPNU
Oct. 20, 2012Florida Int'l 12:00 pm Sun Belt Network
Oct. 27, 2012at Florida Atlantic TBA
Nov. 3, 2012at Tennessee TBA SEC-TV
Nov. 10, 2012Navy 2:30 pmESPNU
Nov. 17, 2012Arkansas St. 2:30 pm PPV
Nov. 24, 2012at Middle Tenn. TBA

Well its down to this boys and girls. Its for all the marbles. Newell Fonda vs Fremont Mills. Newell Fonda is without a doubt playing their best football at the right time. After starting the year off 0-3 they have rattled off 10 straight against some stiff competition and now they have earned their way to play for the big trophy and proving that they are for real after last years disappointing loss in the semifinals. Fremont Mills on the otherhand may have been out played by MMC but the only thing at the end of the day the only thing that really matters is the final on the scoreboard at which showed them ahead letting them advance on to the final a game. This should be an outstanding football game. Fremont will need to play better to be able to win this game as Newell has a ton of size and ton of speed they love to use along with outstanding coaching. As always this will come down to who can run the ball more effectively during the game. I think Fremont comes out ready to play and to prove to people that they are better than what they showed in their last game and take the game in an awfully close physical game.

This game should be a great game I watched both games today and from what I seen the championship game will be much like the game between MMC and FM was. A physical game with both teams in it to the end. After seeing the heart and character that FM showed today I feel that they have a slight edge. But who knows its November its high school football. So anything is possible.

I have watched FM play twice this year and it didn't even look like the same team. First time I saw them was against Boyer Valley and Phillips had 21 carries for 194 yds and Rusten had 10 passing attempts. Against MMC, Phillips had 4 carries for 6 yds and Rusten 16 attempts. Now I know MMC has a much better defense but they just completely abandoned the run game. Maybe their coaching staff saw something I didn't. It did get them the win so I can't argue with them. Whichever FM offense will show up this game could have a big part in the out come of this game. I see them trying to get Phillips going early and often. FM defense is big but slow. If they can't win the line of scrimmage they are in trouble. We saw that in the MMC game. They didn't have the quickness to stay with their backs.
NF defense has been dominant in the playoffs. They have given up 73 points in 4 playoff games and 2 tds were returns and 5 tds were off of turnovers with the offense being inside their 20 every time. That means defensively they have only given up 4 tds in 4 games where the offense had to actually put a drive together. NF offense has been moving the ball threw the air. Who would have ever guessed that? Dicks has been on fire finding his receivers, headed by Wolterman. The run game hasn't been like years past but has been good enough to keep the opposing defenses honest.
Both teams look to have bought into the team first and winning at whatever cost, even if that means getting less carries or less playing time. Neither team is about me, it's about us. That's what it takes to win championships.
I agree with you guys that this will be a very close physical game. In the end I believe whoever can take care of the football and make a few big plays will win the game. I'll take NF in a low scoring game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT