ADVERTISEMENT

4A State Tournament brackets released

CF_93

Varsity
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
#1 Ankeny Centennial (23-1) vs #8 Davenport North (16-8), 8:15 PM Tuesday March 10.

#4 Waukee (21-2) vs #5 North Scott (22-1), 6:30 PM Tuesday March 10.

#2 Cedar Falls (21-2) vs #7 Dowling Catholic (16-7), 12:15 PM Wednesday March 11.

#3 Iowa City West (21-2) vs #6 Ankeny (18-5) 10:30 AM Wednesday March 11.

Looks like strength of schedule played a big role in this seeding, which I think is the way to go. CF with 2 losses (both to Waterloo west by 20) gets the 2 seed and North Scott with 1 loss (beat WW) gets the 5 seed. I’ve only seen the teams on the east side play, and out of those 4 I think CF is the best all around team. They will be inexperienced when it comes to playing major minutes in the Well outside of their PG. Should be a great 4A tournament

Didn't know about this until now...Sorry North Scott, but you shouldn't be there...

http://chng.it/QHB44CG49V?fbclid=IwAR3FU_8z0sy8V8aMT-8F7q6bpU9PX8pSCbXz5uQ8NKcDQvu4wrxD-Zv-_aU
Tough situation and I feel for the Waterloo West players and staff. However, North Scott and Ty Anderson made a big time winning play. How was he even allowed to catch the ball? Just like a free safety defending a hail mary in the end zone in the NFL...Knock it down!! You have to know the only way you lose is if they get a 3 off. Worst case scenario you foul Anderson trying to make a play on the ball in the air and he is shooting two free throws(he makes them you go to OT). I know it is easy to state these points in hindsight, but I feel all of this "controversy" is taking away from the North Scott players and coaches great accomplishment of earning a state bid. I know the scorekeeper is from North Scott, but it isn't their fault the state assigned them to cover the substate. If North Scott hadn't made the substate final, I bet the same volunteer would have been there to cover the game. In almost all Iowa HS Basketball games, the home team provides the volunteers during the regular season. North Scott earned the #1 seed in the substate and that is why their "staff" was covering the game last night. Tough situation but such is life!

#1 Ankeny Centennial (23-1) vs #8 Davenport North (16-8), 8:15 PM Tuesday March 10.

#4 Waukee (21-2) vs #5 North Scott (22-1), 6:30 PM Tuesday March 10.

#2 Cedar Falls (21-2) vs #7 Dowling Catholic (16-7), 12:15 PM Wednesday March 11.

#3 Iowa City West (21-2) vs #6 Ankeny (18-5) 10:30 AM Wednesday March 11.
I like Cedar Falls VS Waukee in the final...Cedar Falls with the 3 peat.

Davenport North almost beat Ankeny Centennial. Lost by 2 points with one of their top players missing half the game with fouls. Beat Senior on a last second shot in the substate finals. North will be a team to watch next year, as they have only one senior starter.

Waukee beats North Scott in another close game. Waukee looked to me to be stronger than Centennial.

Davenport North almost beat Ankeny Centennial. Lost by 2 points with one of their top players missing half the game with fouls. Beat Senior on a last second shot in the substate finals. North will be a team to watch next year, as they have only one senior starter.

Waukee beats North Scott in another close game. Waukee looked to me to be stronger than Centennial.
Waukee has a higher ceiling then Centennial, but Waukees floor is lower too

What a show Braxton Bayless just put on! Wow, he was fun to watch. Does anyone know what his plans are for the next level?

When they played at Waukee, Centennial looked about 8 points stronger. They'll get McCullough more involved tomorrow. If McAleer makes a few shots, they're pretty good.

Cedar Falls hangs on to beat Dowling 64-62. Landon Wolf 22 points for CF, including the game winner.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT