DB kicks

NK returns it to 30 yd line

1st and 10. Incomplete pass

2nd and 10. Gain of 7

3rd and 3. Qb keeper gain of 1

4th and long 2. Nk timeout

4th and 2...fumble snap...DB BALL
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Appreciate the updates. Can't wait to hear about a possible Doin Bosco vs Springville game.

The penalty was actually a defensive holding call against Don Bosco...the NK coach jumped to a conclusion and ran onto the field in a fit of rage...I reiterate...the call was against Bosco.

Thanks for the info. The updater from the radio station did not give any particulars, so we were left to wonder.

"So, what kind of calls were the reason for NK's coach being ejected?"

2 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties on the coaching staff. 1st one was on Capitani and the 2nd on an assistant coach.

This post was edited on 11/4 10:27 PM by isu_oak

Any coach who would have been on the wrong end of that disgrace called officiating would have a fit of rage also. How does Don Bosco get so lucky that the head official is the Superintendent of a Catholic school himself?????

...so...let me see if I have this straight. The holding penalty was called on the Don Bosco defense...The Northwood Kensett touchdown counted....and that is disgraceful? What were the NK coaches protesting?! Were they upset that their own kid, who is by the way a very good athlete...scored a touchdown?

If you heard the conversation going on they were going to call a penalty on N-K and that is why the coaches flipped. That plus 3 quarters of getting screwed. After the 5 min. ref huddle they reversed the penalty which there shouldn't have been a call on either team. 2 guys just got blocked into each other. But this happening right after Don Bosco scored a TD when they didn't even have the ball. That's right, their back fumbled at the 1 1/2, N-K recovered at about the 18" line, and they look at each other and award them a friggin TD. Embarrassing, I'm still mad. If you know anything about coach Capitani you would know he is a class act and very respectful of officials. For him to get the boot really says something about the refs. Too bad to because it would have been another exciting game.

I am not disrespecting the coach...just wanted clarification on your beef. The number of penalties called was fairly close. If you are implying that Bosco won because of the referees, you are wrong. NK is a good, young football team that will be a force to be reckoned with next season. They did, however get beat by the better team last night. Next season? only time will tell.
Now to address your comment about the coach losing his temper...he ran onto the field and blew up before the referees coffee break at midfield...he 'assumed' the call was going to go against his team and lost it....period. I don't blame him for this, in fact I applaud him for his passion, but, to imply the NK got screwed for three quarters shows you have a lot to learn about football.
I stand by my comments...the call went against Bosco, the TD counted...end of discussion

He won't argue that he made an assumption. He did, but their was a reason he did. N-K's penalties were on every long gain while DB were false starts that that last chop block call. I know refs will be bad sometimes but at least call it bad both ways. DB had plenty of long gains by Hogan where their were takedowns by the outside blockers. If you don't call it fine but don't call it on N-K either. DB is far too good they didn't need the refs help. Hogan could have took them to victory without the bad calls. What should have been an enjoyable game wasn't. Believe me we were not expecting to win so its not sour grapes, we just wanted our boys to get a fair shake and in my opinion they didn't. And I'm not bashing DB, it wasn't their fault. They are a hell of a team and Hogan is by far the best 8 man QB I have seen. He would by the best 11 man QB in Class A if they played there. I wish DB good luck, I hope they win it all. Maybe be meet up again next year but I don't think we will be in the same district again.

The game of the century (to hear tell it in this half of the state anyway) is about to be played.
May the BEST team win, regardless of the stripes. Just let em play the game. It should be a game that is talked about for the ages.

This post was edited on 11/5 11:52 AM by Omom

Fair enough...I thought you may be implying that Bosco had some inside scoop on who refs where. I have a ton of respect for NK...I will be the first to admit they surprised me. The are a good football team with a lot to look forward to next season. I don't know how districing will shape up next season, but, if we are in the same district, I'm sure NK won't be takne lightly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT