ADVERTISEMENT

LB vs IKM/Manning

Agree with you Husker Dogg about getting to sleep at night! I joked with my wife after the stress of the first game about where was nearest bar for a couple barley pops before the boys game.

Game will be broadcast on 93.7 KKRL out of Carroll and livestreamed there too. Not sure of other stations yet. I'm sure Sioux City sport stations will be there too. They were for the first dual...

Friday is going to be a long day...Saturday may seem to drag too....Not sure what I will do to kill time.

I am in!! My daughter was like- "I'm not coming back with someone else I want to go to the game!!" So a couple of Wubben's will be in Ida Grove for the game- I am excited. Hope I run into that legendary basketball coach from OABCIG who retired last year- wonder what he's been up to??

Anyway- hoping I see a great game-should be in Ida Grove by 5:15.

What better way to end a day of AAU volleyball by taking in a great game of hoops!!!

I am in!! My daughter was like- "I'm not coming back with someone else I want to go to the game!!" So a couple of Wubben's will be in Ida Grove for the game- I am excited. Hope I run into that legendary basketball coach from OABCIG who retired last year- wonder what he's been up to??

Anyway- hoping I see a great game-should be in Ida Grove by 5:15.

What better way to end a day of AAU volleyball then by taking in a great game of hoops!!!

Thats awesome I will try to save you two a seat.

This post was edited on 2/1 11:49 AM by Husker Dogg

Actually, I was joking above about the old OABCIG coach- I know Pat well...he has already offered to save us a seat but would love to connect with you Husker- will send that number!!

I guess I will just wear MNW colors to show my neutrality.

Just got your number. Thanks.

Completely understand. I am suppose to hook up with Vikefan as well before or after the game. Yes, Pat is a great guy and a hell of a coach. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Hey PMKnicks- as a former Woodbury Central Wildcat I used to think the only thing good coming out of Correctionville was highway 20- you telling me they have a good place to eat? I don't want conveniece store food.
I remember in high school we used to go to a steakhouse in Anthon- I think it was steakhouse- anybody remember that? Is it still there?

Its called the Fireside. They have the best Prime Rib in the Siouxland Area (just my opinion).

Wish I could attend this game, too far for me though. Is that Carroll station or any others radio broadcasting on the internet?

Not sure Key. Vikefan might have a better idea on that one since he is closer to Carroll. I know Sioux City will not have any one their to stream line it, but all of their news channels will be there.

Woobster, could there be any Ft. Dodge stations there possibly?

Key39, 93.7 KKRL is livestreaming on the internet...it works well and easy to find...just google 93.7 KKRL. Hope it works for you!

Wubben, Nice you can make it to the game! Should be a regional final type environment. When these teams met earlier this year it was an amazing environment...I'm guessing this matchup will be even more packed!

Yep, myself, my daughter, and now her friend is coming with us- so three cougars to "scout" the game- never know- might the cougars get a chance to play one of these teams later in the month!!

pmknicks, no prediction from me...I will just let the game play out...it will be a good one is all I will say.

I expected a closer game also....but some nights it is like that.. I thought LB looked really good- shot the ball well- created a ton of turnovers and their depth is impressive.
I am sure IKM Manning is better than what we saw tonight- Blake had 33 I believe- otherwise it was a tough shooting night as far as any consistency.
Both good teams- LB was on their game tonight....deserved to win.

Yes LB played very well tonight coach Martin did a phenomenal job tonight I couldn't be happier with her coaching performance tonight and all season. Our freshmen played well again tonight I hope this will keep going right to des moines. Packed house it was a great atmosphere for everyone. Hats off to Blake her performance was phenomenal tonight.

Your coach did do a nice job- substituted very well. Not always easy to have good substitutions and yet allow kids to feel like they are in the flow of the game- she did a nice job last night- kids seemed to be coming in and out at the right times.

I was impressed with both teams- IKM just had too many turnovers. Blake was impressive in stretches.

Husker Dogg, Three more games and our teams will hopefully be at state. Let's hope our teams play to their potential, and we will be there. Your team played extremely well in conf. tourney final...a rematch at state would be another great match up. If we make it... our two teams aren't going down there thinking they are playing for second, guarantee you that...LOL...you know what I mean...

Absolutely Vikefan. IF we can make it............... I believe it will be a great matchup our two teams have played extremely well all season and I don't foresee them letting up. I hope to see all of you guys down at "The Well" in two weeks especially you wolfpack, I will stop at a convenient store somewhere along I-80 and get a couple of crow burgers just for you. Woobster can you bring the condiments? Vikefan can you bring the red bull?

looking forward to it. I've thought all season that LB would be the team to challenge Western...and after that preformance, looks like i may be right. Hope to see both of these teams in Des Moines.

Interested to see how schedule affects teams. LB played all 1a and 2a schools cept for 3a OABCIG. Western only played 2 other 2a schools all year. I still think LB is good and they can't help the size schools in conference play. And some of the bigger schools Western played were terrible. Looking at the records of more of the higher ranked 2a teams, strength of schedule could be an issue. Just interesed to see how it plays out.

I would say for any good team the SOS really matters. I know at MNW I cannot remember the last time we really had to gut one out- maybe a 7 pt win over South Central Calhoun awhile back- otherwise nothing. I think that is an advatage that LB and IKM have-they have hand to hunker down...also the teams over East- AP, DNH, Hudson- those teams have had tough games against each other.

Good observation Woflpack....very good point. I would throw in experience.

Western didn't play any 1a schools this year. 2 2a schools, the rest were 3a 4a and 5a. Granted, not all of these bigger schools were very good.

Ok. I think some of our teams understand that about some of our competition, but after seeing you guys play heelan and outrebound them the way you did none of the weaker competition affected you.

Same goes for IKM and LB I thought it could hurt us as well, but the way we played each other this season I don't really think it has affected us. Actually sometimes we play worse against the weaker teams if you know what I mean. I'm sure you have the same issue Woobster.

I agree that playing to the level of your compitition on a game by game basis does happen and can be a problem. This is where good coaching comes in. And this is also why you see a lot of lopsided games in the first few rounds of playoffs. Coaches understand that, this time of year, there are no excuses and no second chances. I heard some fans complain at the Western game vs Rock Valley the other night that the Wolfpack were running up the score, even in the 1st quarter when Western was ahead 20-0. What are you supposed to do? Its the playoffs. Maybe during the regular season, you back off the press and play more subs but at this point, you can't, especially in Western's case when so many of the games all year have been blow outs. I'm sure, looking at some of the scores from LB and IKM's regular season games, they've delt with blowouts too. The starters need to know how to play a complete game. Because the deaper you get in the playoffs, the better the competition should be. Your starters wont be able to take the 4th quarter off. I think that was part of the problem vs Heelan. They hadn't been in that situation all year and couldn't finish when it counted that night. It was a good wakeup call for the players and the coaches. Its the post season, no excuses, no apologies, leave it all on the floor, win or go home.

I agree with wolfpack on that- the time to be nice is during the season- once you hit tourney- I am playing my best kids and perhaps pushing them deep into a game- if that means it's a blowout then too bad.
I would think most coaches would understand that.....fans on the other hand...not so much.

I concur. If you lose there is no more tomorrow so if i hurt someone's feelings by playing my starters in the 4th quarter then i'm sorry but that's playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT