ADVERTISEMENT

LB vs IKM/Manning

Same here, will need to wait to January 10th now due to reffing no show. Too bad, was a decent crowd. Was excited for the game for quite awhile, unfortunately everyone will need to wait a little longer. Wonder where neutral site will be.

Heard that Denison was a possibility. No game in Ida Grove on the 10th according to Quikstats - that's about in the middle, right? MV-AO has a home game that night. Feel bad for LB coming all that way. I know all four undefeated teams were looking forward to playing each other tonight.

Exactly. I even had family in from California to see my daughter play, yeah I was a little disappointed.

My only question is, How does this happen? Did the refs not show? Or were they not booked?

That's what I heard is Ida Grove as well. I also heard Holstein could be an option.

According to schedules with any luck all 4 teams should still be undefeated when they meet again.

This post was edited on 12/19 7:54 AM by Husker Dogg

This post was edited on 12/19 7:54 AM by Husker Dogg

From the Register: "The (IKM) athletic director had a signed contract and he did his job, but the issue was that no one showed up," Lawton-Bronson athletic director and boys' coach Vince Johnson said. "This is my nightmare as an A.D. You have signed contracts and you confirm it, but it doesn't come together."

That is a tough situation for everyone involved. Always an AD's worst nightmare. Feel bad for the coaches, the players and the fans who were really looking forward to a great night of basketball.

It is a real bad situation. Not to add salt to the wound but there was no gate refund either there were a lot of upset people about that.

On a positive note I can't wait until Jan. 10th WHERE EVER it is.

Well I would say get there early because in my opinion that gym will be packed. I'm guessing there will be some OABCIG fans attending too. Hopefully weather doesn't cancel any other games or dates to play could get dicey.

Yes it will be packed. Plus how many teams won't be playing because its a thursday that will also be attending. Should be a great night of BBall!

Go Lady Eagles!

IKM-Manning - 75, Ar-We-Va - 53. Brutal game to watch, there must have been 50 fouls called - half of them of the "touch" variety. The Wolves had a couple of reserves really step up. Now the focus can shift to L-B. Saw that they won big tonight over Woodbine. I hope the officials let them play a little bit, so the players are the ones that determine the outcome. Should be a dandy!

I agree nothing worse than officials that think they need to be a part of the game. Just officiate and let the girls decide the outcome.

On a lighter note I hope "EVERYONE" shows up Thursday night. LOL

34 hours, 48 minutes until tip-off! GO EAGLES!!!

Could be a great game. I wonder if the IKM-M and LB coaches will hold back on some of their tricks, though, because of the chance these two teams will see each other in the state tournament. There were times when Rasmussen was coaching against Pat Miller's Falcons, and it did not appear they were showing all their cards.

Anyway, Falcon fans appreciate you all coming to IG. The admission is free, but the concession stand costs, and our student groups appreciate the income.

And take a minute to look at our trophy case. I know IKM has a championship trophy and a runner up trophy in theirs. Still don't know how IKM lost that 2007 championship game.

And the state will have an interesting challenge drawing regional maps to get these two teams and Western Christian to state without playing each other.

A couple more things. A couple people commented the IG gym would be packed. The gym holds 1200 people, so I am pretty sure we can get everyone in who wants to see.

Parking might be another story, so you might want to car pool as much as possible.

Why should the state offer Western, IKM, and LB special regional maps. If they can't beat their teams close by then so be it. There has been a zillion times when great teams have knocked one another out before the tourney. That is life. If your good enough, you will qualify. There should be no favortism in any part of the state.

Walleye, what he meant was two top five teams playing in a regional final and two .500 teams playing in another. Then both winners playing in the state tourney and the top five team wins by sixty. Not a good thing to see in Des Moines. Thats why I think they will send IKM South of Council Bluffs and put hinton and LB in West Central Iowa and HWC in NW Iowa. By the way either LB or Western is gonna have to try to beat a very tough Hinton team to get to the tournament.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!

The girls union knows who they want in the tourney....they cannot get you there but they can give you a road that increases your chances. Still going to have to beat somebody really good. Look at last year- HWC and ELC were in the same league- but did not play in the regional- and that was the way it should have been.
Mr. Walleye- you guys have to be sweating it out over there- you have some good teams close by. I still like Dike New Hartford- Bruce might be a year away but with the kids he has and the defense they play- I think by mid feb. he will have a nice ball club. Obviously Hudson is a good team also. How much does the injury hurt AP Mr. Walleye??

Not sure where the best place to be located is this year- hoping about 20 miles west of Fort Dodge!!

Walleye I do get where your coming from and also nobody should have to travel a long way either. But, not to beat a dead horse, back in the day not too long ago Hinton and Rock Valley were ranked 1 and 2 for a few years in a row and had to play each other before the tournament (2nd best team in the state never made the tournament) and after enough complaining the state finally switched their regions so that they would not meet until Des Moines. I think for the most part the state has done a good job of avoiding that problem since then. If LB and IKM would split this year and both remain in the top five why wouldn't you want to see both teams in Des Moines or at least have the opportunity for both to make it. Just a thought and thanks for the questions Walleye.

I like how AP responded against Union after a tough loss to Hudson. We will see Friday night against Dike. Losing a key starter hurts any team. But she will be back. AP has played a very tough schedule with the likes of West Waterloo, North Butler, Grundy Center, Hudson, Dike, Union of La Porte, with West Marshall coming up, and Crestwood of Cresco. They will be well tested before the tourney. Hopefully they will benefit from the tough competition. The injured player has been playing a little and is working her way back. I would argue that there is no better on the ball defender in class 2A then her. She is a stopper. Very quick and physically tough. Plus she never tires down. Unbelievable stamina. It would be a shame if she did not come back at full strength. She is a one player press.

I know you have played a tough schedule and that should pay dividends. I will give your girl her props and just say that I think 2A could put together quite an all star team....because as good as many of you think your players are- I will say that at Manson we have one of the top players in all of class 2A. Ellie Herzberg is leading the state in steals- unbelievable defender and is scoring, it seems, about 20 per night. I hope that young lady gets back to playing- I cannot imagine what it would be like to love something, be good at it, and then not be able to finish your senior year- tough stuff.

I have watched Herzborg play 4 times. She is very good and she will get even better. Her 68 steals are impressive. She is a better scorer then the AP girl no doubt. The ap girl just plays unbelievable in your face defense, and hopefully she will get to 100% before the tourney, or it will effect AP. Ap has three girls with over 40 steals plus two others in the 20's. They have a lot of team speed when healthy. What they may lack in size, they make up with speed. They have three girls with blazing speed. Teams who have great guard play really don't concern AP as much as size does. Although Hudson doesn't have a lot of size, they caught AP at a good time due to the injury. Plus AP just played badly that night. They out rebounded Hudson 13 to 2 on the offensive boards in the 1st quarter alone and missed every put back. It was not their night. It's those teams that have a lot of size that will give them trouble.

IKM won by 2 in overtime....I was not there..but got reports from PMknicks late in the game. Sounds like LB had them where they wanted them but IKM came roaring back. Wow- to think these teams could see each other twice more.

VERY hard fought game. Not pretty, but both teams got after it. The Wolves had a REALLY poor stretch in the 3rd quarter versus L-B's 1/2 court trap. Numerous turnovers later they were down 15. But, to their credit they made some adjustments and started attacking the basket more to slowly get back in the game. This game was surely beneficial to both teams and, if things play out to form, they will get to do it again in a couple of weeks.

Originally posted by Husker Dogg:
Walleye I do get where your coming from and also nobody should have to travel a long way either. But, not to beat a dead horse, back in the day not too long ago Hinton and Rock Valley were ranked 1 and 2 for a few years in a row and had to play each other before the tournament (2nd best team in the state never made the tournament) and after enough complaining the state finally switched their regions so that they would not meet until Des Moines. I think for the most part the state has done a good job of avoiding that problem since then. If LB and IKM would split this year and both remain in the top five why wouldn't you want to see both teams in Des Moines or at least have the opportunity for both to make it. Just a thought and thanks for the questions Walleye.
Similar to when Nina Smith was at Waterloo West and Cedar Falls had Randi Peterson iirc. It took the state until their Nina's senior year(I believe) to finally separate the two and allow them to both make it to state. Had those two both played for CIML schools I'm sure they both would've played at state all 4 years lol.

Originally posted by WadeWubben:
The girls union knows who they want in the tourney....they cannot get you there but they can give you a road that increases your chances. Still going to have to beat somebody really good. Look at last year- HWC and ELC were in the same league- but did not play in the regional- and that was the way it should have been.
Mr. Walleye- you guys have to be sweating it out over there- you have some good teams close by. I still like Dike New Hartford- Bruce might be a year away but with the kids he has and the defense they play- I think by mid feb. he will have a nice ball club. Obviously Hudson is a good team also. How much does the injury hurt AP Mr. Walleye??

Not sure where the best place to be located is this year- hoping about 20 miles west of Fort Dodge!!
Never count Bruce out when it comes tournament time, they shouldn't be overlooked that's for sure. I agree though, I think the next couple years after this year they will be right up there. Hudson will be tough not only this year but even better next year I think. I wouldn't be surprised if DNH, Hudson, AP and North Butler are all four in the same regional to fight it out. Now that AP has a loss it's doubtful any of them will be a top 3 team so wouldn't be surprised to see them get thrown together unless 3 of them make the top 8 then maybe they will somehow get split two and two but doubtful. If they are split two and two that would mean two of them would probably go west...

Well,we are west of Fort Dodge and last year AP was on the other side of our regional so it's not unheard of to send teams that way west. we have a nice pocket of 2A schools within 60 miles of Manson that I would think would make up one half of a region- after that- we could go any direction and going east toward AP would not surprise me.

I think if all 4 were in the same region that would be one of the most competitive in the state.

AP should do East towards Sumner Fred and Some of the river teams. Or they should go south west with the likes of West Marshall. It would be a travesty if they sent AP West towards Ft. Dodge two years in a row. North Butler is the odds on favorite for heading that way. Hudson should go with North Linn.

Fantastic effort by both teams. I also believe the state has them rankings very accurate. I thought LB ran out of a little gas in the 4th quarter and overtime. I thought the two Freshmen guarding Blake did a really good job until late in the game but she is a beast to be reckoned with. LB's Freshmen looked really good tonight, if they continue to improve LB will be extremely tough to beat in February. IKM is very, very solid all the way around. Congrats to both teams on 200% effort. Hopefully, if both teams make it through the conference tourney, the next game between these two will be even better.

Ap fans were happy to see IKM win, especially after knowing how they played against IKM this summer at Spirit Lake. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. A lot of great teams.

Originally posted by Mr.Walleye:

Ap fans were happy to see IKM win, especially after knowing how they played against IKM this summer at Spirit Lake. It will be interesting to see how everything shakes out. A lot of great teams.
AP fans should be worrying about teams like Hudson and DNH, and possibly North Butler, first before they look that far ahead. Right now they don't look anything like they did this summer. Better now than in a month though so hopefully they get Schipper committed 100% and back to full speed in time for the stretch run, if that happens it should be fun to watch. Barely beat Dike at home tonight but nothing wrong with being challenged along the way. DNH will be a force the next couple years after this.

Edit to add Schipper is finally going to have the surgery and hopefully back by Hudson game Feb 1. Just glad her family finally decided to have the surgery, not sure why it took 3 weeks though, she could have been back on the court already post surgery by now.
This post was edited on 1/11 9:58 PM by denverhawkfan

Vikefan Round 2 on Saturday. I'm looking forward to this game. Hopefully we can play as well as we did except have a little more gas in the tank at the end. Should be a phenomenal game AGAIN.

Husker Dogg,

Yep I also am looking forward to the rematch! Should be a very interesting and entertaining night of basketball. I like the fact that both our boys and girls play each other...adds to the anticipation of the night. I'm guessing it will be packed again on Saturday night! This game will make both our squads better heading into regional play! See you Saturday!

Absolutely! When all 4 teams are ranked in the top five in their classes everyone of us will get better. I believe it will be packed I will be there early. CAN"T WAIT!

Woobster, are you comin down to Ida Grove for this one?

Well, I am leaving for Hinton at 6:00 for AAU volleyball for my daughter..I think we play til 2:00 or 2:30 which puts me back in Manson at 4:30...If I was really energetic and adventurous I would swing down from Hinton to Ida Grove and then to Manson- not sure anybody else going with me will go for that one though....so I will probably have to miss this one also-probably won't see another good basketball game until the tournaments- and we'll see how deep you have to go to get a good game there.

Envious of all of you who will be there- should be a great game....maybe I will be like "shooter" in hoosiers and I'll curl up next to the Philco and see if I can get it on there.

Boy/girl game? What time do girls start?
I suppose I could send my daughter and her friend back in another vehicle to manson-how far from Hinton to Ida Grove?
A guy could stop and get something to eat in Sioux City and continue on over to the game if it was early enough.....you see what good basketball does to me Husker- gets met thinking crazy!!! I love it.

LOL that is funny. I'm getting so excited I have to consume a few beverages to get to sleep at night.

Yes it is another LB vs. IKM Girl/Boy Varsity Doubleheader this time both games are for the WVC Championship. Girls @ 6:00. Boys @ 8:00. In Ida Grove.

It is about 60-65 minutes from Hinton to Ida Grove. Hope you can make it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT