ADVERTISEMENT

Last 5 years...

Oct 22, 2010
Who in your opinion is the best Class A football player you've seen in the last 5 years? 09,10,11,12,and now 13

Originally posted by PNation:
Brendon Boerm
Jacob Wrage and Boerm of North Tama were pretty good. Madrid in general has put together a lot of good players, partly due to the dominant line. Wickett, Bell, Manthe, Johnson. Chris/Zac Schleuger of West Hancock. Hard to remember which was better, seemed like Schleuger left, Schleuger right and they were tough to stop combined for 3600 yards. I remember Bouma from Gehlen being mentioned often. Odneal from Wapsie Valley put together a 2100 yard season, the Madrid kids were doing the same thing, Cody Morris of Bedford put together 2100 yards as well. Lots of good players have come through and lots of good players on paper have come through.

Boerm. If you watched the 2010 championship game, if would be hard to not pick Brenden. He had similar numbers all year.

Would have to throw Ben Knake from Lisbon's 2011 Championship team in the discussion. All State in 2010 and 2011.

Just a few that come to mind:

Louie Wickett, Madrid Brendon Boerm, North TamaDenzel Van Sant, BGM Tait Simpson, LisbonSeth Enke, AHSTEric Simmons, MadridTrevor Bouma, Gehlen CatholicGreg Meyer, Southern CalTyler Odneal, Wapsie ValleyDylan Youel, North Tama
As far as the best player at just one individual position, I would give it to either Simmons as an offensive lineman or Van Sant because he was as good as a receiver in the state. Lack of effort and size killed any chance of Van Sant playing at the college level unfortunately. All-around I would give the nod to Boerm over Simpson. Simpson is underrated and could play multiple positions like Boerm. I know Simpson is recovering from a torn ACL he suffered in practice this year at Coe, he'll play safety next year for the Kohawks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT