ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openings

What are the top 3 jobs in Class 4A and Class 3A? In 4A, I would say Valley, IC West, and Linn Mar. In 3A, I have Waverly Shell Rock, Wahlert, and Pella. Thoughts?
Valley and Linn-Mar are up there, West will take a bit of a dive in a few years once Liberty really gets going. The DSM area has quite a bit of talent.
In 3A-Pella is always good, Wahlert is usually good, last year was a fluke because of injuries and WSR is good, but their fans are obnoxious-not an ideal place to coach. Dav. Assumption-not as good as of late, but making a comeback and usually competitive. Xavier has begun to establish a tradition, it will be interesting to see how they do in a few years once Mims graduates(he needs to pass more in my opinion) and maybe Sioux City Helan?

Valley and Linn-Mar are up there, West will take a bit of a dive in a few years once Liberty really gets going. The DSM area has quite a bit of talent.
In 3A-Pella is always good, Wahlert is usually good, last year was a fluke because of injuries and WSR is good, but their fans are obnoxious-not an ideal place to coach. Dav. Assumption-not as good as of late, but making a comeback and usually competitive. Xavier has begun to establish a tradition, it will be interesting to see how they do in a few years once Mims graduates(he needs to pass more in my opinion) and maybe Sioux City Helan?
Yes, Liberty will take away from West in the next few years. Those will both be very good jobs though. Waukee is another strong 4A that always has some D1 talent...that has to be a luxury to coach at that school with the talent and the beautiful gymnasium they have. I think Regina made a nice hire and will be very strong the next couple of years...look for them to win a title in the near future.

Best job in 4A are WDM Walley & Waukee. Strictly based on location, enrollment #'s are skyrocketing and facilities.

The best job in 3A is Pella and Wavery Shell Rock. They have an unfair advantage in the fact that they both have colleges in their towns. This gives the kids access to bigger, better facilities than others. The colleges provide a strong base for high paying jobs. These well paid professors spend the money to put their kids in camps etc..

Really a big fan of the hires for Liberty. I guess it was to be expected, but Printy and Ordman are excellent coaches. CR Jefferson hasn't been in the same stratosphere without Ordman. Printy was building on a very solid Linn Mar program before she moved to Liberty.

Is South Winn the only school in Northeast Iowa with an opening? Usually seems like 2-3 are open up that way.

Central Lee Evan Swanson

Red Oak Dan Stoakes

Ridgeview Mike Smith

Okoboji Ryan Stumbo

Cardinal Mike Strasko

Ottummwa Kyle Creamer

Fairfield Mick Flattery

Iowa Falls Michael Collison

Keokuk Zach Summers

South Winn Blake Moen

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts