ADVERTISEMENT

Job Openings

Inside the Metro, but a Girls Job, could play into a good one! Bondurant Farrar!
Last I heard they had it down to 4 people!

Ankeny Asst
Dad in the community
Coach that just resigned 2 years ago from there
guy from SW Iow

Any details?

Matt Morris Has been hired by Danville to replace Ken Laffoon. Coach Morris was the assistant coach for Coach Laffoon for the last four years. I understand it is a popular pick to the players and community and one that Coach has endorsed.

The Pella job will be an attractive one. Core has been there 22 years. Interesting to see who gets it.

The Pella job will be an attractive one. Core has been there 22 years. Interesting to see who gets it.
Kind of surprised by this. Any reason why he left? Pella is losing some talent, but the cupboard isn't bare by any means and there are always good kids to work with.

Des Moines Register stated it was purely what was best for his family. Is there anyone internally that they would promote?

Last edited:
I think it is just a family situation of some sort. No animosity either way, as far as I know. I don't think they will hire from within. I think they will get some great applicants. Pella is a basketball crazy town. Some really great talent coming up the ranks, cupboard is far from bare. I would think it would be considered one of the top jobs in 3A.

Des Moines East (Mark Core)
Danville (Matt Morris)

Central Lee
St. Albert - Council Bluffs
Red Oak
Ridgeview (Galva-Holstein)
Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn
South Hardin
Okoboji
Cardinal
Ottumwa
Pella
Iowa City Liberty

I think it is just a family situation of some sort. No animosity either way, as far as I know. I don't think they will hire from within. I think they will get some great applicants. Pella is a basketball crazy town. Some really great talent coming up the ranks, cupboard is far from bare. I would think it would be considered one of the top jobs in 3A.
I don't think there's any animosity, but it's probably just time for a change. It reminds me a little bit of the end of the Tom Davis reign at Iowa.

I would be surprised if they hired from within, but I expect that all or most of the assistants would like to stay involved with the program. I expect it to be a job that results in a lot of interest, and a young, up-and-comer coach would be a very good match for the program.

Inside the Metro, but a Girls Job, could play into a good one! Bondurant Farrar!
Last I heard they had it down to 4 people!

Ankeny Asst
Dad in the community
Coach that just resigned 2 years ago from there
guy from SW Iow

Any details?
The coach from two years ago got the bondurant farrar job

Des Moines East (Mark Core)
Danville (Matt Morris)

Iowa City Liberty (Stu Ordman)
Central Lee
St. Albert - Council Bluffs
Red Oak
Ridgeview (Galva-Holstein)
Hartley-Melvin-Sanborn
South Hardin
Okoboji
Cardinal
Ottumwa
Pella
Iowa City Regina
Siouxland Christian
Shenandoah
South Winn

Just looked it up. He'll coach the Dordt women beginning in 2018-19, so he will be at Western for one more year.

What are the top 3 jobs in Class 4A and Class 3A? In 4A, I would say Valley, IC West, and Linn Mar. In 3A, I have Waverly Shell Rock, Wahlert, and Pella. Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT