ADVERTISEMENT

IHSSN live stream complaint thread

Oct 2, 2014
I decided to make one thread for everyone to vent about the IHSSN/Comcast coverage of the boys' state tournament this week.

I had a bunch of complaints here but I was wrong on like all of them. But the basics are that the IGHSAU has a better streaming service because the IHSSN is choppy as crap for me.

Last edited:
My quality is perfect, so it must be a bandwidth issue for you. I'm not sure YouTube would be any better if that's the case.

It is annoying that there is not a live button. In past years when I've had poorer download speeds, I experienced similar issues as you described. I vowed that no child of mine would ever go to Buena Vista.

My quality is perfect, so it must be a bandwidth issue for you. I'm not sure YouTube would be any better if that's the case.

It is annoying that there is not a live button. In past years when I've had poorer download speeds, I experienced similar issues as you described. I vowed that no child of mine would ever go to Buena Vista.

Hahaha. Classic. I'm not at home right now, so it might just be a bandwidth thing (although the girls streamed fine here). Hopefully that's it, in which case I take back my complaint.

Yes, my feed didn't have problems. I just had trouble finding it in the first place, as the "live streaming" page didn't actually have any live streaming .

I really hope that the boys union strongly considers having IPTV and CISN taking over the coverage of state events for them also. IPTV has great coverage with far better broadcasters and great features, and as mentioned earlier the YouTube coverage of the early rounds is often better quality then other streaming services, plus they are all then archived.

Will this happen, more then likely not, the boys in Boone will take the money and go with the the current deal they have with crappy broadcasts and not allowing most of the state to see it.

I’ve been to 4 locations with WiFi and won’t work on my iPad or iPhone ...what apiece of crap

Good thing I'm going to today's games. Though I'll have to watch that 10 minute momentum killing Farm Bureau/IHSAA dumb ad prior to the game. Great time to go take a leak.

Reactions: Bulldog198240
Ok - working now. Apparently not important to stream the first quarter. Just start it whenever... Thanks Krogman.
Krogman's busy waking up around 8:30 or maybe prepping his tool broadcasters in maybe getting one name right. Always loved that one fool on the football that knew a name or two and just repeated it the whole game.
Miss a quarter, no big deal. Junk DVD will still cost $25, might include the 4th quarter, might not. Krogman doesn't care, he made a nickel on the deal.

Reactions: Greenway12
I believe the consolation games are streamed also, just not the semis and finals. And yes, I will be contacting Beste and Nanninga again this year to express my displeasure with the idiotic deal they made with IHSSN.

Now wait... you're telling me you get to watch these games on TV? The boys state basketball games in Des Moines are broadcast on TV? Television? Are you sure?
Signed,
The western half of the state.

(At least Bob down at the barber shop has one of those new fangled RAY-dee-OHs)

Now wait... you're telling me you get to watch these games on TV? The boys state basketball games in Des Moines are broadcast on TV? Television? Are you sure?
Signed,
The western half of the state.

(At least Bob down at the barber shop has one of those new fangled RAY-dee-OHs)

I live on the western side of the state and have DirecTV... I have been able to watch every game broadcast on the Chicago channel. I've mentioned this in another thread or two. I don't like the broadcasts, but I am at least able to access them. Typically watch with the sound off...

I live on the western side of the state and have DirecTV... I have been able to watch every game broadcast on the Chicago channel. I've mentioned this in another thread or two. I don't like the broadcasts, but I am at least able to access them. Typically watch with the sound off...
Oh, DirecTV. At first I thought you said Iowa Public TV

Reactions: EHS1505
Streamed one game
.. Now it says its geo-locked for the video stream? No amount of fiddling with location on/off in device or browser helps! Disgusted.

Now you must watch on television or stream through Chicago Sports Network (NBC/Comcast), which I believe you can only do if you have a television provider that offers this channel.

Streamed one game
.. Now it says its geo-locked for the video stream? No amount of fiddling with location on/off in device or browser helps! Disgusted.
Something to try:
  1. reset router
  2. enter Google Incognito mode
  3. Go to IHSSN & choose to watch from out of state
Depending on your internet provider, it might work.
(It may only work once, so if you're in, don't close out or leave the Live Stream site)

Most importantly, complain loudly and often to IHSSN.
(they really hate public posts on their FB page. I got a nasty email from several of them over football broadcast)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Deeds
Luckely I live out of state (Arizona), so I can watch live stream on my laptop still. It wont let me on my phone for some reason. However I am moving back to Iowa this summer, so I guess I wont be able to watch anymore after that.

Sign up for fubo tv. They have a 7 day free trial. I signed up and watched all the games yesterday and will just cancel my subscription on Saturday.

Reactions: StatewidePundit
Live stream now down for te Sheldon/AP game. They were re-showing the 1A consolation game so...

Another great job by IHSSN.

Reactions: HawkI8387
Leave it to the announcers ...these guys are clueless ....just said “great travel call” which happened to be called by the clown official who did the WSR-MP game...I even watched in slow-motion...kid never moved his pivot foot

Reactions: StatewidePundit
Leave it to the announcers ...these guys are clueless ....just said “great travel call” which happened to be called by the clown official who did the WSR-MP game...I even watched in slow-motion...kid never moved his pivot foot
Not this awful crew again. How do they get semi-final games? give them the 1a consolation game, what they deserve or better yet, get rid of them. Good news is no one can see them tick everyone off since the Boone boys think more people in Chicago are interested in their half ass production then the state of Iowa, tools.

Not this awful crew again. How do they get semi-final games? give them the 1a consolation game, what they deserve or better yet, get rid of them. Good news is no one can see them tick everyone off since the Boone boys think more people in Chicago are interested in their half ass production then the state of Iowa, tools.

Hahah...it’s only 2 of the 3 officials from the WSR-MP game. Actually they’ve done a better job so far...I just find it humorous when announcers say “Great call” when it actually was a horrible call and these announcers aren’t even court side , they are upstairs!...they have no idea if the guy traveled!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT