ADVERTISEMENT

IHSSN live stream complaint thread

BTW, was at Wells all day Tuesday and half of Wednesday and only one crew was booed continually. It was in MP vs WSR game and guess who was the crew. Though first half of Musky vs ICW , fans were getting steamed about getting MaCaffery babied.

Hahah...it’s only 2 of the 3 officials from the WSR-MP game. Actually they’ve done a better job so far...I just find it humorous when announcers say “Great call” when it actually was a horrible call and these announcers aren’t even court side , they are upstairs!...they have no idea if the guy traveled!

I am having trouble streaming it (GO FIGURE!) Are they calling everything super tight? I could hardly watch the second half of MP-Waverly because of all the foul calls.

I am having trouble streaming it (GO FIGURE!) Are they calling everything super tight? I could hardly watch the second half of MP-Waverly because of all the foul calls.
Actually the 2 clowns from Tuesdays game have tried to screw this one up too...there’s no consistency to what these guys are calling...on one end one of clowns lets a block-charge go but immediatly on the other end he calls a hand check 35 Ft from the basket

Wasn’t going to complain, but my Chicago coverage quit on nbc app at start of fourth quarter. What’s up with that? Went to a world war 2 documentary. Lol

New Year Same Story...live in Northwest Iowa and once again cannot watch boy's championship basketball games. Maybe I should be asking the question...was a Boy's State Basketball Tournament actually held since we are not seeing anything on TV. LOL!!

New Year Same Story...live in Northwest Iowa and once again cannot watch boy's championship basketball games. Maybe I should be asking the question...was a Boy's State Basketball Tournament actually held since we are not seeing anything on TV. LOL!!
You have to watch the Live Stats & play the game in your head!

Reactions: mylameusername
You have to watch the Live Stats & play the game in your head!
Just wondering ...is the IHSAA supported by tax $$....should we be asking our state senators to step in and take care of this? Isn’t this misappropriation of state funds?...Jw

I Have Dish and live in Western Iowa. NBC sports Chicago doesn't even have the Iowa state championship games on tonight, it's the Illinois state semifinals. You have a barnburner 3A championship game with a 5 star prospect and its not on TV! IHSAA you guys ARE A JOKE! I can stream it on a phone or computer, but why wouldn't you have the championship games on TV? Why the heck would you take a contract with these guys when they put their state ahead of ours? This should be about showcasing IOWA high school sports to folks in IOWA!

I Have Dish and live in Western Iowa. NBC sports Chicago doesn't even have the Iowa state championship games on tonight, it's the Illinois state semifinals. You have a barnburner 3A championship game with a 5 star prospect and its not on TV! IHSAA you guys ARE A JOKE! I can stream it on a phone or computer, but why wouldn't you have the championship games on TV? Why the heck would you take a contract with these guys when they put their state ahead of ours? This should be about showcasing IOWA high school sports to folks in IOWA!
It’s on the dish sports alternate channels

I have Dish, so can't really complain on missing games.

My beef is the low to no quality sound production of games. You can barely hear the crowd involvement during games. I know it was packed for the NL-GVC & Osky-Glenwood games.

The sound quality makes the crowd sound like there's about 10 highs school girls doing all the yelling.

Can really tell the difference when you catch the highlights from the newscasts or other sources.

Reactions: StatewidePundit
Just wondering ...is the IHSAA supported by tax $$....should we be asking our state senators to step in and take care of this? Isn’t this misappropriation of state funds?...Jw

I don't even know, but I sure hope not. If so, it IS a misappropriation of state funds to pay two groups to do something every other state has one group do.

From The Gazette: Feb 20, 2017:

Iowans love high school sports and if you make it hard for them to watch state championships, they’re going to ask why.

What Iowans should be asking, some school administrators say, is why Iowa is the only state in the nation with separate groups governing boys’ and girls’ sports, despite the cost of paying two sets of executives, financial deficits on the boys’ side and disparities between the two groups.

“Do you think boys and girls should be segregated in the classroom because they take algebra for different reasons?” asked Mark Schneider, superintendent of the Mid-Prairie and Keota school districts. “We don’t because it’s discrimination.”

A new TV contract between Comcast SportsNet Chicago and the Iowa High School Sports Network — which has exclusive broadcasting rights to most audio, video and promotion of boys’ state championships — has made it so that many central and western Iowa fans can’t watch high school athletes compete at state tournaments because they don’t receive CSN Chicago.

This has ignited a firestorm among fans, with so many complaining to the Iowa High School Athletic Association, which governs boys’ sports, that the group released an apologetic message Feb. 7.

The boys’ association had expenses of $6.81 million in fiscal 2015, the most recent year of Form 990 tax forms available. Revenue was $6.67 million, which means it had a $147,600 deficit. The fiscal 2015 loss was on top of deficits of $445,134 and $267,837 the previous two years, tax forms show.

“Part of that loss on paper has to do with an addition we built on our building,” said association Executive Director Alan Beste. The group used some of its revenue to cover the cost of the $400,000 addition to its Boone headquarters. “Going into this year, it will no longer affect our bottom line.”

The boys’ association spent $2.23 million on employee compensation and benefits in fiscal 2015 and had five employees who received more than $100,000 each in total compensation.

One of the main arguments for combining boys’ and girls’ athletic groups is reducing administrative costs, which could lead to lower championship ticket prices or less of a need for a paying TV contract.

The Gazette looked at neighboring states, all of which have joint governing groups for girls’ and boys’ sports.

The $10.4 million combined fiscal 2015 expenses of the Iowa groups nearly matched expenses of the Illinois High School Association, which governs girls’ and boys’ sports in a state with more than four times as many people.

Wulkow, the now retired director of the Iowa boys’ association, was paid more that year than the executive directors from associations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri and Nebraska who oversaw both boys’ and girls’ sports.

The Missouri State High School Activities Association governs not just sports but chess, debate, cheerleading, music, the scholar bowl, target shooting and bass fishing.

http://www.thegazette.com/schools/i...-girls-high-school-sports-separately-20170219

Reactions: Bulldog198240
From The Gazette: Feb 20, 2017:

Iowans love high school sports and if you make it hard for them to watch state championships, they’re going to ask why.

What Iowans should be asking, some school administrators say, is why Iowa is the only state in the nation with separate groups governing boys’ and girls’ sports, despite the cost of paying two sets of executives, financial deficits on the boys’ side and disparities between the two groups.

“Do you think boys and girls should be segregated in the classroom because they take algebra for different reasons?” asked Mark Schneider, superintendent of the Mid-Prairie and Keota school districts. “We don’t because it’s discrimination.”

A new TV contract between Comcast SportsNet Chicago and the Iowa High School Sports Network — which has exclusive broadcasting rights to most audio, video and promotion of boys’ state championships — has made it so that many central and western Iowa fans can’t watch high school athletes compete at state tournaments because they don’t receive CSN Chicago.

This has ignited a firestorm among fans, with so many complaining to the Iowa High School Athletic Association, which governs boys’ sports, that the group released an apologetic message Feb. 7.

The boys’ association had expenses of $6.81 million in fiscal 2015, the most recent year of Form 990 tax forms available. Revenue was $6.67 million, which means it had a $147,600 deficit. The fiscal 2015 loss was on top of deficits of $445,134 and $267,837 the previous two years, tax forms show.

“Part of that loss on paper has to do with an addition we built on our building,” said association Executive Director Alan Beste. The group used some of its revenue to cover the cost of the $400,000 addition to its Boone headquarters. “Going into this year, it will no longer affect our bottom line.”

The boys’ association spent $2.23 million on employee compensation and benefits in fiscal 2015 and had five employees who received more than $100,000 each in total compensation.

One of the main arguments for combining boys’ and girls’ athletic groups is reducing administrative costs, which could lead to lower championship ticket prices or less of a need for a paying TV contract.

The Gazette looked at neighboring states, all of which have joint governing groups for girls’ and boys’ sports.

The $10.4 million combined fiscal 2015 expenses of the Iowa groups nearly matched expenses of the Illinois High School Association, which governs girls’ and boys’ sports in a state with more than four times as many people.

Wulkow, the now retired director of the Iowa boys’ association, was paid more that year than the executive directors from associations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri and Nebraska who oversaw both boys’ and girls’ sports.

The Missouri State High School Activities Association governs not just sports but chess, debate, cheerleading, music, the scholar bowl, target shooting and bass fishing.

http://www.thegazette.com/schools/i...-girls-high-school-sports-separately-20170219

Does the Gazette have any issues getting credentials, parking, access? That would be a tactic the Boone nozzles would employ when someone challenges their kingdom

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT