ADVERTISEMENT

I just had my 5th colonoscopy

Sanctions Stand

Varsity
Sep 19, 2002
Family history of colon cancer has me going to get a colonoscopy more than most. I think I have had about 5 of them and they never found anything until the one I had this morning at 57 years old. He removed 15 polyps during this procedure. He said he even tattooed some areas while he was in there. I always wanted a tattoo! Now he wants me down there next year to do another colonoscopy. They said they moved the goalpost for everybody to get one around 45/50 years old. Family history has you down there much more often... like every 3/5 years and when they find polyps they want you back every 1/3 years.

Family history of colon cancer has me going to get a colonoscopy more than most. I think I have had about 5 of them and they never found anything until the one I had this morning at 57 years old. He removed 15 polyps during this procedure. He said he even tattooed some areas while he was in there. I always wanted a tattoo! Now he wants me down there next year to do another colonoscopy. They said they moved the goalpost for everybody to get one around 45/50 years old. Family history has you down there much more often... like every 3/5 years and when they find polyps they want you back every 1/3 years.
It’s what got my dad. They found something years ago And he refused the surgery. Doc said he would regret it.

watching it kill him, I’d have to agree.

Hopefully you stick around for a while, bud. Keep getting checked

Glad you and your doc are being proactive.

31 and haven’t had to have one yet… still holding out hope there is a less intrusive and equally effective way for detecting by the time I hit that point… running out of time.

Dayum! There’s nothing fun about getting probed. Well, for most of us... Pretty sure Dusted gets his done twice a week. FEAR THE THUMB!!!!

Im all seriousness, you’ve gotta do whatever it takes to stick around. The world (and this group) is better with you in it!

It’s what got my dad. They found something years ago And he refused the surgery. Doc said he would regret it.

watching it kill him, I’d have to agree.

My mom passed in her early 40's from colon cancer and my dad is a colon cancer survivor but lost a large part of his colon. They just did not do the screenings back then like they do now.

hell there’s not even “surgery” much anymore; they use a hot wire lasso and pull those suckers out while they’re looking up the poop chute

sorry about your dad - that sux

I got that and he tatooed some spots... I assume so he could look at them again later? I hope he did a Woody woodpecker tattoo or maybe a Celtic symbol or an AU

Took a longer time than most for you to evacuate all the shit - up to to your goober eyeballs ;)

Seriously- many GI doctors are going to the high risk regimen of Cologuard every year… with getting the tube every 3 yrs. My diagnosis And surgery was triggered by a Cologuard positive where colonoscopy had takes three negative polyps the previous year. Can’t be too careful!

Reactions: Sanctions Stand
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT