ADVERTISEMENT

Heelan Fans

bigfridaynite

Varsity
Sep 8, 2007
I just want to say that Zack Skibinski is fast somewhere on this message board me and a few other poster said his 40 time was bogus because if it was true he would be winning the Drake relays in the 100 meters will guess what he just did that.
Thats amazing a kid that size could put that kinda time up on the big stage.More power to him to back up his claim.
I see kids put these times on thier profile and not run track and its crazy or the just run relays but ole Zack put it out there.

If Ferentz actually knew how to recruit he would have been all over this kid. Size and speed, sorta, kinda sounds like a D-1 prospect, he's 6'4" weighs 230 is a Defensive End and just won the Drake Relay's 100 meter dash.... duh? Oh well maybe the Hawkeyes can recruit a few more dope smoking running backs to make up for the oversight.

"If Ferentz knew how to recruit..."

This is irrelevant but did I just see a Heelan fan rip into Iowa for recruiting running backs always in trouble? Weren't Wegher and Malloy both running backs from Heelan? Didn't both have a history with trouble?

That sort of backfired.

Yea what could Ferentz critics (not haters) be thinking? How much does the U of I fork out for him and what exactly are they getting in return over the last five years? He needs to start earning the big bucks or Iowa needs to find somebody who will.

Originally posted by Chrysos:

Oh well maybe the Hawkeyes can recruit a few more dope smoking running backs to make up for the oversight.
Have no fear, Ferentz is bringing in Des Moines Lincoln's Trevon Young this fall. Trevon's stats in high school include two arrests for burglary and criminal trespass.
dead.r191677.gif

Originally posted by eyecy:

Oh well maybe the Hawkeyes can recruit a few more dope smoking running backs to make up for the oversight.
Have no fear, Ferentz is bringing in Des Moines Lincoln's Trevon Young this fall. Trevon's stats in high school include two arrests for burglary and criminal trespass.
dead.r191677.gif
Eyecy has no idea what he's talking about. Iowa is not bringing in Trevon Young this fall.

I have no idea why Iowa, ISU, Neb, Minn, Wisc, Kan, KSU, OK or any other D1 BCS level school offered Skibinski but I'm sure they are a little bit better evaluators of FB talent than I am.

If Ferentz actually knew how to recruit he would have been all over this kid. Size and speed, sorta, kinda sounds like a D-1 prospect, he's 6'4" weighs 230 is a Defensive End and just won the Drake Relay's 100 meter dash.... duh? Oh well maybe the Hawkeyes can recruit a few more dope smoking running backs to make up for the oversight.
What was Malloy arrested for again?

The Iowa prep has an uphill climb right out of the gate due to nothing more than being an Iowa prep.

C'mon people really.....an outstanding athlete for Iowa but in the big recruiting picture theres probably a number of these types of kids (texas, ohio, california) that run 10.8/11.0. Please wake up to all the D1 schools recruiting efforts...if you dont get recruited theres usually a reason! And yes sometimes they miss but not very often, the hawks and clones cant gamble anymore.

Yes there probably are. But not many anywhere, including the states you mention with that frame and that speed. this one is in Iowa. What's your point?

C'mon people really.....an outstanding athlete for Iowa but in the big recruiting picture theres probably a number of these types of kids (texas, ohio, california) that run 10.8/11.0. Please wake up to all the D1 schools recruiting efforts...if you dont get recruited theres usually a reason! And yes sometimes they miss but not very often, the hawks and clones cant gamble anymore.

How about you come up with a list of ..oh just five high school seniors (heck make it 3) anywhere in the country that run a 10.8 100 meters and are 6'4' or taller and weigh 230 lbs. I will then show you a group of young men who are trying to decide what elite (as in not the U of Iowa) big name D-1 school they will be attending. For coaches that know what in the hell they are doing this is not a gamble it's called a blue chipper. But like I said the kid is a solid citizen a good student so Iowa just probably wasn't a good fit.

Please review the Rivals 2013 recruiting list. Go to the grouping list "Strong side D.E" there you will find the elite players in the country by position and the schools they signed with. There are 12 pages of recruits listed 5 star to not rated in order of best to good. Thanks and enjoy the read.

And who in this group is over 6'4" 230 lbs and runs a 10.8 100 meters? I'd be willing to bet a couple of years from now a lot more people will be saying how in the hell did Iowa pass on this kid

Originally posted by bigfridaynite:

I just want to say that Zack Skibinski is fast somewhere on this message board me and a few other poster said his 40 time was bogus because if it was true he would be winning the Drake relays in the 100 meters will guess what he just did that.
Thats amazing a kid that size could put that kinda time up on the big stage.More power to him to back up his claim.
I see kids put these times on thier profile and not run track and its crazy or the just run relays but ole Zack put it out there.
I'm not ready to say that KF & co don't know how to recruit (one more underachieving, subpar year may change my mind), but not offering Skibinski before UNI did (same for classmate Bryce Sweeney, for that matter) is puzzling. I just saw the kid at a SC HyVee store. Looks to be about 6-5 & 230 or so, and chiseled like a Greek statue. A player with that size and obvious athleticism could play a number of positions on a college defense, depending on how he develops physically. He could bulk up to 270 or more & play DE. He could play any LB position, covering TE's/big wideouts while stuffing the run with equal ability. He could even be a big safety in some nickel packages. He will (wisely) redshirt this season, but in a couple of years, we'll all be scratching our heads as to why we didn't take him.

This post was edited on 5/18 6:19 AM by cruhawk

This post was edited on 5/18 6:34 AM by cruhawk

Originally posted by zmac328:
"If Ferentz knew how to recruit..."

This is irrelevant but did I just see a Heelan fan rip into Iowa for recruiting running backs always in trouble? Weren't Wegher and Malloy both running backs from Heelan? Didn't both have a history with trouble?

That sort of backfired.
Really? Last I heard, Malloy was a scholarship player still on the team. Some observers say he was the Hawks most complete RB during spring drills.

Oh well...you could always work at a carwash.

Originally posted by Hewy5:

I've seen football in those three states. Other than the number of good players (see: population difference), there's not that much difference--if any--in quality.

Make no mistake...there aren't many players like Skibinski in any state.

dead.r191677.gif
ISU fans should know everything there is to know about dope smoking players. They've had enough of them like Willie Scott.

Originally posted by millhawk:

dead.r191677.gif
ISU fans should know everything there is to know about dope smoking players. They've had enough of them like Willie Scott.
I wouldn't go there. Ferentz has a long history of looking away whenever one of his players gets in trouble.

Can you fill me in on the lengthy list of players who got in trouble and had no consequences?

I really have no dog in this fight, and I'm a 'fan' of ISU, but nothing that borders on a fanatic, or where I give two sh*ts about what goes on at Iowa.

Anyhow, who was the player that had a pretty lengthy history of problems, was getting into all sorts of problems at Iowa, Ferentz looked the other way and made excuses for the kid, until it was so bad that he was finally convicted of rape (I believe? Can't say for sure, I seriously can't recall) and then he had no choice to kick him off the team? It wasn't all that long ago, like, in the last 5 years or so.....

It seems like I am hearing about Iowa football and basketball players in trouble at least once a season, if not more.

kids do get in trouble and it is usually a addressed. As far as who gets in trouble you will hear that Iowa and ISU have football/ basketball players get in each year. Probably not an area that either school should be pointing fingers at others.

Originally posted by 3D23:
I really have no dog in this fight, and I'm a 'fan' of ISU, but nothing that borders on a fanatic, or where I give two sh*ts about what goes on at Iowa.

Anyhow, who was the player that had a pretty lengthy history of problems, was getting into all sorts of problems at Iowa, Ferentz looked the other way and made excuses for the kid, until it was so bad that he was finally convicted of rape (I believe? Can't say for sure, I seriously can't recall) and then he had no choice to kick him off the team? It wasn't all that long ago, like, in the last 5 years or so.....

It seems like I am hearing about Iowa football and basketball players in trouble at least once a season, if not more.
Wrong and wrong....

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
kids do get in trouble and it is usually a addressed. As far as who gets in trouble you will hear that Iowa and ISU have football/ basketball players get in each year. Probably not an area that either school should be pointing fingers at others.
+1

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT