ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting times in recruiting

They thought that because he told Zac Etheridge that he was coming to Auburn, even yesterday morning. Recruiting is an interesting game, and sometimes the players are used as pawns in it. Is what it is, and all the coaches play the game.
^^^ this

Bolden told Freeze on Monday that he was coming to Auburn. That meant nothing to him once georgia outbid us. Ryan Williams told Auburn he’s flipping back in October.

Speaking of which, his teammate out of Saraland, Antonio Coleman, just decommitted from alabama and flipped to Auburn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Konigstiger
Bolden told Freeze on Monday that he was coming to Auburn. That meant nothing to him once georgia outbid us. Ryan Williams told Auburn he’s flipping back in October.

Speaking of which, his teammate out of Saraland, Antonio Coleman just decommitted from alabama and flipped to Auburn.

Im betting on Apple Inc and Yellerwood money. If money is the motivator... we got this.

Awbren money doin’ work. Saban needs to come off the hefty salary and buy some recruits

Last edited:
I’m sure glad we Hawkeyes are willing to accept a class full of maybe 3 stars…..1/3 of which are from in state, that will put us in the playoffs 🙄

Guns don't kill people. The bullets that are fired out of them do.

I don't understand the reference in this context.

Sometimes these kids get excited in the moment and their minds change after things settle. Sometimes they just flat say what coaches want to hear due to pressure. Sometimes they are trolling.

There are many reasons why they say one thing and then do another. Often they are saying two or three things simultaneously and obviously, in the case of recruiting, they can only follow through with one. That's what I meant.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I don't understand the reference in this context.

Sometimes these kids get excited in the moment and their minds change after things settle. Sometimes they just flat say what coaches want to hear due to pressure. Sometimes they are trolling.

There are many reasons why they say one thing and then do another. Often they are saying two or three things simultaneously and obviously, in the case of recruiting, they can only follow through with one. That's what I meant.
I took your post as a sarcastic way of stating the obvious. So, I sort of did the same thing.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I took your post as a sarcastic way of stating the obvious. So, I sort of did the same thing.

Ah, now I get it. I was obviously being a smart-ass.

The exception recently, even over the last decade or two, is the kid who commits and then is actually committed.

Got more Ryan Williams info, he's all Auburn. This is pre-saban retirement announcement too.

alabama fans will blame him flipping on the retirement but it was a done deal long before that.

• Love
Reactions: Pops Masterson
Ryan Williams has decommitted from Alabama.
bouncing-boobs-on-stairs.gif

Got more Ryan Williams info, he's all Auburn. This is pre-saban retirement announcement too.

alabama fans will blame him flipping on the retirement but it was a done deal long before that.

Fast forward two weeks…Ryan Williams re-commits to Alabama.

Thanks for showing up and giving us your prediction on this one.

Things changed when alabama started hemorrhaging their roster. Sayin, Proctor, Downs, and Ricks combined were pulling in well over 1 million annually. There have been several other guys that have left too. The NIL offer shifted dramatically in alabama's favor.

Auburn's WR class is loaded with or without him and the money can be used in the '25 class at other positions.

Things changed when alabama started hemorrhaging their roster. Sayin, Proctor, Downs, and Ricks combined were pulling in well over 1 million annually. There have been several other guys that have left too. The NIL offer shifted dramatically in alabama's favor.

Auburn's WR class is loaded with or without him and the money can be used in the '25 class at other positions.

It's good for Auburn that Williams committed to Bama?

I read you. 😂

It's good for Auburn that Williams committed to Bama?

I read you. 😂
Auburn has the #1 receiver class in the country either way. Auburn gets to use the money for 2025 and alabama's roster was pillaged opening up the cap space to get him. I'm fine with both outcomes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT