ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting times in recruiting

aw4au14

Freshman
Feb 29, 2008
Got a source saying the 2025 WR from Saraland, Ryan Williams, has already flipped to Auburn but won’t announce publicly for a couple more months. He’s already made his mind up to reclassify to the 2024 class.

No source on Cam Coleman, but a lot of the message board chatter from AU mods is he’s flipping as well.

Freeze flipped the 5 star WR from Foley, Perry Thompson, from alabama earlier in the year.

That would give Freeze three 5 star WRs in the 2024 class. I’m not sure a team has done that before in the “star system” recruiting era.

He’s selling these recruits on his elite receivers/tight ends he had at Ole Miss. AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Evan Engram, Dawson Knox, Laquon Treadwell, etc. They’re tearing it up in the NFL and he’s got their interest by telling them he can feature them in college and get them in the league while building up a new program at Auburn instead of being just another name at one of the already established programs.

We’ll see what happens.

Last edited:
Got a source saying the 2025 WR from Saraland, Ryan Williams, has already flipped to Auburn but won’t announce publicly for a couple more months. He’s already made his mind up to reclassify to the 2024 class.

No source on Cam Coleman, but a lot of the message board chatter from AU mods is he’s flipping as well.

Freeze flipped the 5 star WR from Foley, Perry Thompson, from alabama earlier in the year.

That would give Freeze three 5 star WRs in the 2024 class. I’m not sure a team has don’t that before in the “star system” recruiting era.

He’s selling these recruits on his elite receivers/tight ends he had at Ole Miss. AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Evan Ingram, Dawson Knox, Laquon Tredwell, etc. They’re tearing it up in the NFL and he’s got their interest by telling them he can feature them in college and get them in the league while building up a new program at Auburn instead of being just another name at one of the already established programs.

We’ll see what happens.
Who you got winning the SECCG Saturday?

• Haha
Reactions: BamaFan1137
Anybody who didn't expect Freeze to get some significant recruits to AU was whistling past the graveyard. He cheated his ass off at Ole Miss when cheating was still somewhat frowned upon, now that it's open season I'd expect him to pull some significant talent (on and off the football field).

Reactions: dustinator
Anybody who didn't expect Freeze to get some significant recruits to AU was whistling past the graveyard. He cheated his ass off at Ole Miss when cheating was still somewhat frowned upon, now that it's open season I'd expect him to pull some significant talent (on and off the football field).
What he did at Ole Miss was unreal given their resources. Saban got alabama's money machine rolling at the right time with Tuberville and Auburn being complacent after winning 6 iron bowls in a row. Kirby did the same thing when he got to georgia.

Need some help guys... look at this AL.com headline...

Auburn flips 5-star Phenix City WR Cam Coleman from Texas A&M after Jimbo Fisher firing​

Rivals immediately downgrades him to a 4*...??? LOL! Anybody know who runs 'Rivals'? Any rational explanation why a kid would be 5* with one school signing and then a sudden '4*' with another?

There's GOT to be an answer... :eek:o_O🤔

Need some help guys... look at this AL.com headline...

Auburn flips 5-star Phenix City WR Cam Coleman from Texas A&M after Jimbo Fisher firing​

Rivals immediately downgrades him to a 4*...??? LOL! Anybody know who runs 'Rivals'? Any rational explanation why a kid would be 5* with one school signing and then a sudden '4*' with another?

There's GOT to be an answer... :eek:o_O🤔

He's been a 4 star on rivals for a while. The other three recruiting services have him as a 5 star. No idea why Rivals doesn't have him as one.

Cheating is legal and out in the open now. I'm ready to spend Yellawood and Apple money.

As expected, Williams announced his reclassification yesterday.

Williams, Thompson, and Coleman are expected to be in Auburn on Sunday for the USC basketball game.

Cheating is legal and out in the open now. I'm ready to spend Yellawood and Apple money.
Zackly. Saban and the best ever cheating machine is now useless thanks to NIL and Auburn - proven to be clean as a whistle - can NOW compete with anyone on the recruiting trail.

11715097.jpeg

I’ll bet $500 Williams signs with bammer.

I’ll bet $250 Perry Thompson does.

I’ll bet my oulde, haggard cawk that Saban wins another natty before he retires, and I’m not counting this year.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Zackly. Saban and the best ever cheating machine is now useless thanks to NIL and Auburn - proven to be clean as a whistle - can NOW compete with anyone on the recruiting trail.

11715097.jpeg

But what about tradition and the pipeline to the NFL? Are you sayin money talks and shite walks? ;0). I have to laugh

That would give Freeze three 5 star WRs in the 2024 class. I’m not sure a team has done that before in the “star system” recruiting era.

He’s selling these recruits on his elite receivers/tight ends he had at Ole Miss. AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Evan Engram, Dawson Knox, Laquon Treadwell, etc. They’re tearing it up in the NFL and he’s got their interest by telling them he can feature them in college and get them in the league while building up a new program at Auburn instead of being just another name at one of the already established programs.

We’ll see what happens.
He had a decent QB at Ole Miss. How is he rxplaining the QB situation at AU?

I’ll bet $500 Williams signs with bammer.

I’ll bet $250 Perry Thompson does.

I’ll bet my oulde, haggard cawk that Saban wins another natty before he retires, and I’m not counting this year.
I really want to take that Ryan Williams bet but I still have PTSD from Yeldon/Foster/Evans/Calloway. He could be lying to a lot of AU people and I'm not dropping the check for it.

Got no info at all on Perry Thompson. He could flip for all I know.

I really want to take that Ryan Williams bet but I still have PTSD from Yeldon/Foster/Evans/Calloway. He could be lying to a lot of AU people and I'm not dropping the check for it.

Got no info at all on Perry Thompson. He could flip for all I know.
PT has been one of our best recruiters….

Freeze alluded to holding off alabama last night for Perry Thompson in his press conference.

Freeze alluded to holding off alabama last night for Perry Thompson in his press conference.
I don’t think that was Perry Thompson… I think he was referencing KJ when he said we thought we had one, but didn’t

The one we lost was definitely KJ. He mentioned one that we "won" too right after a reporter asked about holding off other schools from our commitments and I'm guessing that was Thompson.

One of the Bama staff thought he was ours until the words came out of his mouth.

There were actual quotes from Edderick Houston, 20 minutes before his announcement to Ohio State, stating he was flipping to Bama.

Crazy times.
The AU staff thought the same about Bolden.

Don’t know why they would have thought that. He had been telling friends and classmates, as well as UGA staff, that he was signing with UGA for at least 3 weeks.
They thought that because he told Zac Etheridge that he was coming to Auburn, even yesterday morning. Recruiting is an interesting game, and sometimes the players are used as pawns in it. Is what it is, and all the coaches play the game.

Reactions: derek_tiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT