ADVERTISEMENT

******GAME TALK: Solon vs. Washington******

Originally posted by pribs36:
Oriole only the private schools recruit remember?? Shame on you!!
Recruiting is to actively seek someone out.

Black (he and his parents) picked Solon as a location to move to as his mom's job moved.

Private schools have to recruit - that's how they fund their schools, athletes and non-athletes. Wait until the voucher system is installed, then you will truly have "recruiting"...

Shadow, so you are telling me every catholic school student is "recruited" parents decide to send their kids to school before kindergarten, theres no meetings or calls trying to get parents to send their 5 year olds to school, parents make the decision to send them their just like Blacks parents did. Yes private schools are funded of their students but they aren't funded off "recruiting" and you can't tell me that their isn't more kids switching schools for athletic reasons in public schools then their is private schools because if you do I could name off 50x as many public school transfers solely for sports then private schools so "recruiting for athletics" isn't a valid argument. As for the bad call in the game that was devastating, Solon and Washington both left it all on the field and it is too bad the refs missed that call, congrats to the spartans on a great season getting back to the UNI dome. And good luck to Washington in the finals

Originally posted by pribs36:
Shadow, so you are telling me every catholic school student is "recruited" parents decide to send their kids to school before kindergarten, theres no meetings or calls trying to get parents to send their 5 year olds to school, parents make the decision to send them their just like Blacks parents did. Yes private schools are funded of their students but they aren't funded off "recruiting" and you can't tell me that their isn't more kids switching schools for athletic reasons in public schools then their is private schools because if you do I could name off 50x as many public school transfers solely for sports then private schools so "recruiting for athletics" isn't a valid argument. As for the bad call in the game that was devastating, Solon and Washington both left it all on the field and it is too bad the refs missed that call, congrats to the spartans on a great season getting back to the UNI dome. And good luck to Washington in the finals
Where did Shadow say anything about "every" kid? He said that private schools have to recruit, ask others on the board (CID, etc) if they don't actively seek more warm bodies, they can't survive.

For those saying one play does not cost a game - what happened to Iowa vs Florida in the 2006 Outback bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT