ADVERTISEMENT

Football Quote Board - 9/22

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What are elite football players saying about their opponent this weekend on the field? Find out now!

Player: Southeast Warren running back Alex Hommer

Opponent: Riverside

On Riverside:
"They are a pretty strong team. I haven't watched much film but look forward to doing that sometime this week."

The Riverside players:
"No. Our coaches do a good job of what to expect so and what to look for during the week."

Keys to a victory:
"I'd say being able to play as a team and running the ball. Our line gives us a lot of holes that opens things up. Defensively, we have to make tackles, wrap up, and follow the ball."

Player: Fort Dodge quarterback Drake Miller

Opponent: West Des Moines Valley

What do you know about your next opponent in Valley?
“We know that they are a pretty good team and the #1 team in the state. They are coming off of a big victory. We will get ready and watch a lot of film. Mentally and physically we will be prepared.”

What do you know about the Valley players?
“Obviously Rocky (Lombardi) is a Michigan State commitment. Then they got Jevon Mason who is a good tailback. Hopefully our defense will be ready, which I think they will. We’ll go from there.”

What are the keys that will determine the winner in this game?
“One big key is our defense. We have to make sure to step up on offense and make sure we are executing. We need to put points on the board.”

Player: West Delaware linebacker Kaleb Sparks

Opponent: Dewitt

What are your thoughts on your next game against Dewitt?
“I know they are a good running football team. If we can contain that aspect, I think we’ll do alright.”

Do you know much about their players?
“I know their running back has quite a few rushing yards. He is pretty decent. I think if we can keep him contained then we should do pretty well.”

What are the keys to a victory?
“It starts with our defense. We’ll have to keep shutting them down put points on the scoreboard.”

Player: South Central Calhoun athlete Kody Case

Opponent: Clarinda

What are your thoughts on Clarinda?
“I have never seen them before. I don't think our coaches have ever played them. We want to get a ready on them because one game they run the spread and the next they run the Wing T.”

What do you know their players?
“I really haven't watched film but everyone will watch and be ready.”

What are the keys to a victory?
“I think it all starts up front. The last few games, we have come off firing and getting hope stops. It really has helped our skill guys make plays.”

Player: Ankeny quarterback Blaine Hawkins

Opponent: Des Moines Hoover

What do you know about your opponent in Des Moines Hoover?
“I know from what I’ve seen that they can put up a lot of points and they will throw the ball a lot. We’ll have to be able to put up points with our playmakers on offense.”

Do you know much about their players?
“No, I do not.”

What are the keys to success?
“It definitely starts up front with the offensive line. Last game they did a great job. If they go a great job, it’ll be easier for our playmakers.”

Player: Lewis Central quarterback Max Duggan

Opponent: Urbandale

On Urbandale:
"We have been watching film on them. They are really athletic, big, and fast. It will be a good game."

The Urbandale players:
"Their secondary is pretty good. In just watching film, their secondary stands out a lot."

Player: North Linn offensive lineman Kyler Schott

Opponent: Postville

On Postville:
"I think it should be a good game for us. Postville is struggling this year. It should be a good game to bounce back and maybe get some guys healthy too."

The Postville players:
"I really don't know much about any of them."

Player: Cedar Rapids Xavier quarterback Bryce Schulte

Opponent: Decorah

On Decorah:
"They knocked us out of the playoffs last year. Of course they will be a pretty tough team. They will be physical up front and should be a good challenge."

On the Decorah players:
"We haven't seen much personnel wise yet but they have a big wide receiver and a couple of guys returning on the offensive line that we'll have to watch out for."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News