ADVERTISEMENT

First Round Playoff Predictions

GatorBait1988

Freshman
Nov 10, 2015
Des Moines
Now that the Playoffs are here and the bracket has been released....lets get some 1st round predictions.

Indianola @ Valley - Valley.....by a lot.

CR Prairie @ Waukee - This is a great matchup. I guess I will take the "upset" in this one...Waukee pulls out a close one.

Urbandale @ Centennial - Centennial cruises.

Fort Dodge @ CR Kennedy - I think this one will be a little closer too....Kennedy prevails though.

Dubuque (Senior) @ Cedar Falls - Cedar Falls should control the game. CF wins convincingly.

Bettendorf @ Linn Mar - Bettendorf wins.

Roosevelt @ Dowling - Dowling wins convincingly.

Ankeny @ Southeast Polk - Best first round matchup right here. I would say that Polk has to be the favorite, but, Ankeny definitely has the players to win the game. I will take SEP in a close one.

As much as Prairie's offense scored on Friday, I just can't see them getting past Waukee, especially since they were handled earlier in the season.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be that surprised if they beat Waukee.

Valley for sure.Centennial. Kennedy will destroy FD. CF wins, but I am unsure if it will be by 23+ like last time. Not as impressed with Bett overall, but win easily. Dowling. I'm going with Ankeny.

Now that the Playoffs are here and the bracket has been released....lets get some 1st round predictions.

CR Prairie @ Waukee - This is a great matchup. I guess I will take the "upset" in this one...Waukee pulls out a close one.

Fort Dodge @ CR Kennedy - I think this one will be a little closer too....Kennedy prevails though.

Dubuque (Senior) @ Cedar Falls - Cedar Falls should control the game. CF wins convincingly.

Ankeny @ Southeast Polk - Best first round matchup right here. I would say that Polk has to be the favorite, but, Ankeny definitely has the players to win the game. I will take SEP in a close one.

Valley
Waukee
Centennial
Kennedy
Cedar Falls- I think will win big
Linn-Mar
Dowling
Ankeny

Valley - big
Waukee (although I think CRP could pull upset. - BC Moore shows Waukee as big favorite.)
Centennial - big
CRK - big
CF - big
Bettendorf - close one
Dowling - big
SEP - close in what should be best 1st round game.

Valley - big
Waukee (although I think CRP could pull upset. - BC Moore shows Waukee as big favorite.)
Centennial - big
CRK - big
CF - big
Bettendorf - close one
Dowling - big
SEP - close in what should be best 1st round game.

Valley
Waukee
Centennial
CRK
CF
Bett
Dowl
SEP - should be a great game.

Round 2 will be awesome with those outcomes
Valley-Waukee rematch Valley won game , hard to beat a team a 2nd time.
Cent. - CRK 2 running teams that will smash it out and see who is left standing
CF-Bett - rematch CF won game 1, Same as Valley-Waukee hard to beat a team twice.
Dowling-SEP 6 time champs vs a team full of young studs and good veterans. Gavin Williams affect on this game would be huge.
No matter how it shakes out, there will be 4 really good teams at the UNI-Dome, fun stuff!!

Reactions: oldtimefootball
Valley
Waukee
Centennial
CRK
CF
Bett
Dowl

CF-Bett - rematch CF won game 1, Same as Valley-Waukee hard to beat a team twice.
Dowling-SEP 6 time champs vs a team full of young studs and good veterans. Gavin Williams affect on this game would be huge.
No matter how it shakes out, there will be 4 really good teams at the UNI-Dome, fun stuff!!
I have not seen Kennedy play, but I assume they are similar to Prairie offense and may be better Defense than them as well. I think Kennedy will come out of the Bracket and then into the Semis.

When Kennedy is real good, they have been real good

BC Moore has the following projections --

Urbandale / Centennial (-20.5)
Ft Dodge / Kennedy (-18.5)
Senior / Cedar Falls (-20)
Bettendorf / Linn-Mar (+14.5)
Ankeny / Southeast Polk (-4)
Roosevelt / Dowling (-31.5)
Indianola / Valley (-40)
Prairie / Waukee (-16)

Last year Centennial lost as a 21 point favorite in the first round -- I'm guessing one of these double-digit games goes that way again this year. Which one?

Last edited:
Valley
Waukee
Centennial
CRK
CF
Bett
Dowl

Since 2001, the team that wins in the Regular Season is 90-22 in the re-match. I would say that it is not "hard" to beat a team a second time based on those numbers.

Reactions: franky1967
My only question is how many of those 90 wins were teams that were in no way evenly matched and how many of those 22 were against more evenly matched teams, I know that there is no good way of finding that out, but it would be kind of interesting to try to figure it out.

In games decided by 14 points or less the first time, the winning team was 30-11 in the playoff match up.

I think CRK wins big. Cairrron Hendred will be back after taking the Burlington game off and the defense hasn't really had a truly bad game all year.

Also, does anyone think Ankeny vs. SE Polk will not be close? I would be surprised if the winning team has more than 4 scores.
I think Ankeny is a solid team, I have not seen SE Polk, but Ankeny has had a couple close games. I don't remember who I picked, but it should have been Ankeny

Surprisingly, SEP and Ankeny faced only two common opponents:

Ankeny Centennial 20, Southeast Polk 17
Ankeny Centennial 17, Ankeny 14
--
Southeast Polk 38, DM Roosevelt 0
Ankeny 28, DM Roosevelt 14

Ankeny outscored their last 4 opponents by an average of 60-3
Southeast Polk outscored their last 3 opponents by an average of 54-7.

Every indication is a close game.

Reactions: franky1967
Southeast Polk and Ankeny is the best game by far, the only other upset that I think could possibly happen is Linn-Mar over Bettendorf, but even that I think is highly unlikely.

Also, does anyone think Ankeny vs. SE Polk will not be close? I would be surprised if the winning team has more than 4 scores.

I don't see Ankeny moving the ball very well on SEP's D. If their QB gets time to throw, would love to see the Brecht/Nwankpa match up, two DI kids going at it

Seeing that most of the games wont be close, makes me glad to see that it's no longer 16 teams in the playoffs anymore.

QUOTE="GatorBait1988, post: 174957, member: 15302"]Now that the Playoffs are here and the bracket has been released....lets get some 1st round predictions.

Valley
Waukee
- _____________Valley
Cent
Ken---------------------------------------Valley
-------------------------Bett
Dowling
SEP ------------------------------------------------------------------- SEP
---------------------------SEP
Bett---------------------------------------SEP
CF
----------------------------Cent

Valley
Waukee
- _____________Valley
Cent
Ken---------------------------------------Valley
-------------------------Bett
Dowling
SEP ------------------------------------------------------------------- SEP
---------------------------SEP
Bett---------------------------------------SEP
CF
----------------------------Cent
I agree with your final 8. SEP is a team on the rise and it wouldn't be terribly surprising if they make a run this year, I would definitely have them as the team to beat going into next year, but getting through Dowling is going to be one heck of a test. I will take Dowling and their quest for the 7 year title run in that game, but it will be a tough game. I think CRK gets Centennial along with Valley and CF getting to the dome.

I agree with your final 8. SEP is a team on the rise and it wouldn't be terribly surprising if they make a run this year, I would definitely have them as the team to beat going into next year, but getting through Dowling is going to be one heck of a test. I will take Dowling and their quest for the 7 year title run in that game, but it will be a tough game. I think CRK gets Centennial along with Valley and CF getting to the dome.

SEP loses way too much next year, they will have to rebuild their defense for the most part and lose their top 3 WR's. Their soph class has some good skill players but their junior class does not have much to rebuild, two years from now, they will be one of the top teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT